André Schürrle

BlueLion.

:lol: Is he even reliable?

I doubt Dortmund suddenly have that amount of money to spend.

Dortmund have huge revenues, think how much money they make every home game and have been doing so for years and years along with the sales of players and how they manage to get replacements fairly cheap for some players. Also the fact they are struggling, they need to strengthen surely or they will go down so they will have enough funds available.

Good plyer that was never happy with the idea of being a squad player for a big european club.

A shame, he could have built a good legacy here, but he has delusions of grandeur inasmuch as he appears to think he is a better player than he really is. I hope he thrives in Germany though, he has nothing but my goodwill.

Dortmund have huge revenues, think how much money they make every home game and have been doing so for years and years along with the sales of players and how they manage to get replacements fairly cheap for some players. Also the fact they are struggling, they need to strengthen surely or they will go down so they will have enough funds available.

Even if that's the case, if Dortmund really want Schurrle, you would think they would have offered something by now to improve their squad. But so far, there's nothing concrete from them. Doesn't make much sense getting Schurrle this late when their winter break is practically over, thus giving him no chance to settle into the Dortmund side and get used to their environment, style of play etc as Klopp would have planned things out on how to improve matters from now till the end of the season.

A shame, he could have built a good legacy here, but he has delusions of grandeur inasmuch as he appears to think he is a better player than he really is. I hope he thrives in Germany though, he has nothing but my goodwill.

When exactly has he suggested that?

When exactly has he suggested that?

Well he's clearly not willing to accept being a mere squad player, instead of a first-teamer, at one of the world's biggest football clubs. Doesn't want to stick around and fight for his place on this evidence; whenever he's been given chances he's been poor. A shame considering his form at the start of the season, but oh well.

Well he's clearly not willing to accept being a mere squad player, instead of a first-teamer, at one of the world's biggest football clubs. Doesn't want to stick around and fight for his place on this evidence; whenever he's been given chances he's been poor. A shame considering his form at the start of the season, but oh well.

Tbf I would rather play regularly in a decent team than playing 10% of the matches at a bigger team. It shows that he likes to play and isn't just someone who is happy to get money to be a sub.

Tbf I would rather play regularly in a decent team than playing 10% of the matches at a bigger team. It shows that he likes to play and isn't just someone who is happy to get money to be a sub.

That's a fair point and I can certainly see the reasoning behind it, just somewhat of a shame he's leaving as he could have made a legacy of being Mourinho's go-to man for years to come.

Well he's clearly not willing to accept being a mere squad player, instead of a first-teamer, at one of the world's biggest football clubs.

You can't blame that fella for having the ambition of wanting to be a first teamer in the squad, especially when he's only like 24 and not exactly a bad player. If you are in his position, you wouldn't want to be spending your best years sitting on the bench like half of the time. Moreover, if he's just going to accept being a mere squad player, somewhere down the line, somebody is gonna accuse of him having no ambition (like some did with Mikel previously IIRC).

Doesn't want to stick around and fight for his place on this evidence; whenever he's been given chances he's been poor. A shame considering his form at the start of the season, but oh well.

He has been poor when given the chances but it's tough to get any rhythm going when you've only been given 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there, 1 game here and another one 3-4 matches later. Doesn't want to fight for his place? I don't think you can really fault him for his effort and at the same time, suggest he should be a squad player and then around to say he doesn't want to fight for a starting berth. We aren't even 100% sure what has happened behind close doors and how much that mystery illness affected him.

Ah, here's the same bullshit again they said about KDB a year ago.

"Look at Schurrle! He's at least fighting for his place!" they said.

Who should we look at now?

It's better to play every week at a smaller club than to waste your years benched at a big one.
You know why? Because it's nice to play football and score goals. :)

It's better to play every week at a smaller club than to waste your years benched at a big one.

Salah :ph34r:

At least Schurrle stuck around and gave it a go and actually did well in some games (SuperCup v Bayern, Bucharest, PSG, Fulham, Stoke.. games he scored or assisted and in general played well). De Bruyne was out of here in 6 months into his first season after a piss poor performance against some crappy League 1 team before being demoted to train with the reserves instead of going to Bucharest because Mourinho wasn't happy with his effort and performances. Its nice to play at a small club and score goals where your comfortable and don't have to push yourself for anything but its even nicer to play at a top club, to get in the team and win titles.

There's a part of we that wants to keep him because when on form, He's a genuine goal threat who gives us movement and goals (his record speaks for itself, he scores goals) but the problem is, He doesn't have the type of luxury a player like Oscar has to play himself back into form. oscar can play like absolute crap for multiple games and still retain his place or atleast not get demoted to the bench permanently. I would like to see us give him a run of games before selling to make sure we wouldn't be making the same mistakes we made with sturridge and De Bryune.

I'm I alone here. I mean this guy has shown his goal scoring pedigree and he's just out of form at the moment and/or having a bad season imo. It's difficult to regain form as a squad player at Chelsea since the manager rarely rotate and we cannot afford to show too much lenniency except in rare circumstances and I think this is one of those rare circumstances.

There's a part of we that wants to keep him because when on form, He's a genuine goal threat who gives us movement and goals (his record speaks for itself, he scores goals) but the problem is, He doesn't have the type of luxury a player like Oscar has to play himself back into form. oscar can play like absolute crap for multiple games and still retain his place or atleast not get demoneted to the bench permanently. I would like to see us give him a run of games before selling to make sure we wouldn't be making the same mistakes we made with sturridge and De Bryune.

I'm I alone here. I mean this guy has shown his goal scoring pedigree and he's just out of form at the moment and/or having a bad season imo. It's difficult to regain form as a squad player at Chelsea since the manager rarely rotate and we cannot afford to show too much lenniency except in rare circumstances and I think this is one of those rare circumstances.

Unfortunately, think some have been spoiled by players with silky skills and fancy footwork. Players like Schurrle with their qualities are hardly appreciated anymore these days.

Won't be surprised if in the not too distant future, fans moan about us having too many similar players and not having 1-2 who are genuine goal threat with a good movement and clinical finishing.