Real Chelsea Fans?

Hey guys. I was having an interesting 'discussion' with @The only place to be, via PM about who are Chelsea fans, and since we were disagreeing, I thought we should make it public and get all members' opinions on the matter. Yes, you guessed it, it was the old "Only people who go to SB are true Chelsea fans" argument. And so I won't be accused of putting words in anyone's mouth, here is the exact conversation:

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Now as you can clearly see, in this PM, which was supposed to be an attack on me, TOPTB is making a point that only English fans are true Chelsea fans while the rest are only good for buying shirts. Personally, I find that hilarious since he is saying that while enjoying this forum that has a widely diversified demographic base and despite having some terrific English members, would just not be the same without the international members as well. But perhaps there is some reasoning behind this claim that I have failed to grasp and that someone can explain to me.

So what do you guys think? Are the English fans that can go to SB the only true Chelsea fans?

Now I realize that I'm probably being a jerk by posting the PM he sent me, but I've had this argument a few times with a couple of people and they always make this claim when talking to international fans but hide their opinion in public among other English fans. So I just wanted to see if he can defend his opinion in public rather than just attack me in private.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you are in England doesn't mean you are the better fan. Fans from the East sacrifice for Chelsea as well. Champions League games start at 2 am here in India but we stay up to watch it.

Geography has nothing to do with your support of the club

I'm sure if fans oversees could actually afford to come over they would, I mean Christ I live in this country and struggle to go. My family and finances take president I'm afraid, providing for my children and keeping a roof over our heads take bigger priority than getting to Chelsea games I'm afraid- If I could I would, I get to as many as I can but it isn't a lot. But anyone tells me I am not a proper fan their wrong, I have followed CFC since 1985, through thick and thin and that is now passed onto my seven year old boy who loves them as much as me.

I shop on the megastore, and anything my lad needs comes out of my hard earned money and goes straight into the club. I'm fuirious if we lose and ecstatic when we win. If you had seen me the night of the CL win you would realise how much I care.

So in a nutshell, I don't really care what people think, I love CFC and always will.

Fuck me Choulo, you are a real piece of work.

I responded to you via pm because you decided to call me names in a thread. It had FUCK ALL to do with being a Chelsea fan. I was seeing if you'd have the bottle to talk shit about me to my face which is why I said what I did.

For you to then make this pathetic little thread says so much about you, you spineless little shit.

Oh, and I would absolutely say that to your face.

Just to clarify this was a personal matter between me and Choulo and he was the first to bring up this 'real fan' bollocks, before making that private discussion public in such a pathetic manner.

Absolutely chringeworthy. :wank2:

Edited by The only place to be

What if someone is banned for life? Or in jail? Or dead?

It's not like I'm barely affording rent and food weekly so I can easily splurge money on AUD$2,000+ plane tickets. But YOLO, I guess football is more important than having a stable living enviroment.

Because I can afford to go every week to my private skybox getting there on my private jet whilst receiving oral sex from my model wife while I do cocaine from a golden rimmed diamond encrusted mirror.

MONEY MONEY MONEY

If could, I would, but I can't.

Don't bother with him Choulo, say anything that he disagrees with and he will try and brush it aside as not being "worthwhile observation".

exactly! if someone has a different opinion to his he thinks that there is no way that person's opinion is valid as he is always right!

Don't bother with him Choulo, say anything that he disagrees with and he will try and brush it aside as not being "worthwhile observation".

I think I've only ever done that with two people - you and Pacquiao and I think that was quite accurate.

Please don't make it sound like I treat all posters (the vast majority of whom make good points and actually contribute in a worthwhile fashion to discussions) in the same way I treat you.

You're very much the 'special' one in that regard.

exactly! if someone has a different opinion to his he thinks that there is no way that person's opinion is valid as he is always right!

See, told you. :rolleyes:

I think I've only ever done that with two people - you and Pacquiao and I think that was quite accurate.

Please don't make it sound like I treat all posters (the vast majority of whom make good points and actually contribute in a worthwhile fashion to discussions) in the same way I treat you.

were not worthy are we?

bowtotheking.gif

Your always right and people with very different opinions to yours are not worthy to have a discussion with you! LOOOL

Now I realize that I'm probably being a jerk by posting the PM he sent me,

I'd actually use words like 'massive spineless cunt' to be honest.

The fact that it was a private conversation between two people and you felt the need to run to the safety of a crowd says pretty much everything people need to know about you.

You brought up this whole 'real fan' bollocks. I was just seeing if you'd actually talk shit to my face - if you can't understand that then it's another black mark against your name.

If I were you I'd delete this abomination of a thread, hope few people got to saw it and grow the fuck up you stupid little child.

Your always right and people with very different opinions to yours are not worthy to have a discussion with you! LOOOL

I welcome different opinions. In fact I've said I was wrong about stuff and that other people were right on more than one occasion.

i just didn't think your arguments were that good. I felt they were superficial and lacking in any depth. I did say to not take it personally and you probably should've just ignored it, brushed it off and moved on.

I apologise for criticising your points.

As people have said, they may have living/financial arrangements which make it impossible to go to matches. Doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Still though, a bit of a cunt move to make a thread about it, especially from a moderator. Should be locked before this gets out of hand.

so what extra do the "real fans" do than buying the jerseys? probably add another 300 to 400 pounds on the clubs revenue when they take a season ticket (THIS IS IF YOU TAKE OUT ALL THE FEELINGS THAT ONE HAS REGARDING A PARTICULAR CLUB/PLAYER or any bloody thing in life). by the awesome logic of "only plave to be" the only things we can love and actually care about is if it is withing out touching distance. PATHETIC.

Yes... clearly with this thread it shows that its only me and Pacquiao that you don't ike hearing other opinions.

Our dear TOPTB doesnt know, thats why he is opening his mouth, he has his own vision of a Chelsea fan, we should respect it, but he clearly doesnt know what fans are facing & living to actually watch a Chelsea Football Club match, somes are like waiting until midnight and more to watch Chelsea, others as me payed a hell lot of money to have the channels to watch Chelsea, and at times sacrificing school hours to watch a thrilling Chelsea - Man United or Liverpool - CFC, and when I dont have the money to do, I must find another way to watch it (going to pubs) for example, finding some decoders and shit :P And also I'm sure there is many circumstances to others fans, but the devotion is the same and all of us are going in the same direction and it is to support Chelsea and to experience different emotions, some are lucky enough to first live in England and others as TOPTB can go to the Stadium, but the devotion for the team is the same and I'm as much supporter as English ones.