Cole-Terry-Luiz-Ivanovic

Cech

our best team In MY opinion.

** Essien in holding role and Oscar slightly more advanced in the pivot **

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like these type of threads tbh, we should know as much as anyone it's a squad game these days, what's the most that any one lineup will play together at the same time (especially now we have a big squad)? 8 maybe 10 at most.

We should use different lineup's depending on who we are playing, against Hull who will park the jumbo jet infront of their goal, the best option would probably be a Lamps and MVG pivot with the 3 of the Mazacaryne playing. At Old Trafford i would probably go for Schurrle/KDB with Hazard and Oscar with 2 of Mikel, Rami and MVG in the pivot and teams that would say play 3-5-2 (imagine for one moment Martinez's Wigan were still a PL team) then it would probably be a good idea to play one of Moses and Schurrle, if not both due to the fact you need width to counter a 3-5-2 (case in point our 1-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2011 were we had no answer to Quuen Cashback's 3-5-2).

BUMP

Now that the season is nearing, post your preferred first-choice team (assuming that Chelsea go into the season with the current crop of players)

040813140427.png

I'd go with that exact team except for Ivanovic playing instead of Terry.

I'd go with:

792888_Chelsea.jpg

I prefer Ramires over Mikel and Marco van Ginkel because of his work rate and because he can provide much more than this two. He is a better dribbler, a better finisher and overall I'm more impressed by him. I don't think Mikel has all the qualities to be a starter under Mourinho and van Ginkel is a talented player I admire so much, but I think he needs some time to adapt to playing in EPL before breaking into the first 11.

I chose Lamps over Essien and maybe van Ginkel, too, because I don't buy that shit with that "age factor". He might be close to his last year/years as a footballer, but you know what they say - class is permanent! If we want to challenge for the most important trophies, we can't lose our identity and JT, Lamps, Cech, Cole, Ivanovic can't be missing from the 1st team. And Mourinho isn't buying that "age factor" bullshit, too. Remember his Inter team, especially the back line - Cordoba, Zanetti, Samuel, Materazzi, Lucio - all over 32, 33 years old. Mourinho builds his teams using experience and players attached to the club and this is why I see Lamps, JT, Cech, Cole and Ivanovic into the first 11. And to be honest, I will always prefer a 35yo Lampard over Mikel, Essien and van Ginkel.

Now the last one of the three midfielders - Oscar or Kevin De Bruyne. Similar players, big big talents, I enjoy watching both of them. Mourinho's choice this one, but I can't see both of them playing from the 1st minute.

Eden on the left wing, no doubt about that.

Now Mata as a right winger. Mourinho said something about Mata moving on the wing. Hope we'll see him there in the next season. He started his football career as a LW/RW and played as a winger in Valencia, too. He moved to the center and became a playmaker only when David Silva left Valencia for City. He delivered some great performances as a winger in his Valencia days and I really hope he'll move on the right wing.

Upfront - hope we sign Rooney. If not, I prefer Lukaku over Torres and Demba Ba.

Although I think a " horses for courses" approach to team selection by Jose will be used thus naming a first 11 with no particular game in mind futile.

With the Hull City Tigers :lol2: game in mind.

Cech

Azpi ,Luiz,Terry,Cole

Ramires,Van Ginkel,Oscar

Mata Hazard

Ba

I wouldn't play anyone in the sole role of DM I would just give the midfielders license to roam between defense and attack as they are good readers of the game and Hull will park the bus anyway.