Spike

I dunno about that.

No team that struggled to score like we did at points last season are completely set in the AM department.

If a griezemann was able to come in and help Fabregas ease some of the scoring burden off of Willian and Oscar(who both struggled to score and create goals as the season went on) then it wouldnt be that bad of a move.

Hell, Manchester city brought in Navas and Jovetic to a midfield that already had Milner,Yaya Toure, Silva, and Nasri.

he is another young one with a potential. even if we buy him, i seriously doubt he ll have much more impact than schurrle/salah did last season. it would be another year of "he needs to adapt to PL" and all that. moreover i expect schurrle to play a massive role like u just explained. even salah to a certain extent.

brazil struggled to score with neymar, oscar and hulk as their AMs cos their strikers were fred/jo. any team would struggle to score for fun if they have a past it etoo, floppes and ba as their strikers. i mean can u even imagine what would have happened to the cross that schurrle put in for the gotze goal had it been floppes or ba in place of gotze? not saying costa will be scoring such class goals day in and day out but the scoring and creating burden will be shared by costa.

we added willian and schurrle to oscar, mata, hazard and kdb and it meant us having to sell mata and kdb. jose has had time and again that he likes a small 20 player squad. and that is what we have now. buying griezmann will be another overkill. also with us rumored to be buying tiago, selling lukaku and then buying greizmann as the 6th AM, we would not be able to fill our HG quota.

^^ yeah I saw that also. I hope he doesn't go to Tottenham!

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4154072.ece

Is The Times reliable? It says we have watched Griezmann but haven't followed up our interest

They wouldn't even have to be reliable to get that one right. Of course we've watched Griezmann, most of the talented youth players in the world we've watched.

Do Real need James?

No, but Real always buy the biggest and newest names in football, even if it's detrimental to their current squad. Jose wants to build a balanced side whereas Madrid care more about prestige and marketing.

Does Fabregas have a fantastic tackle on him then? Or is he tall and muscular?

Homegrown player whose transfer irritates Wenger and Arsenal fans. That's why we signed him not that Mourinho likes him too much. Look at his transfers and you tell me if you believe Mourinho would want Griezmann here.

Do you legitimately think Mourinho spent £27m on a player

Roman spent. Do you legitimately think Mourinho controls our transfer policy? He also spent 30m for Shevchenko right :rolleyes:

How much time did he give to Modric at Real? How often did he use Ozil in big games? He did eventually but he did not use him in Classicos at first. Sneijder is small but he tracks back. He also sold Robben right? Mourinho judges players just like a rugby coach. He might sign Griezmann but he would give more time to Schurlle or Willian.

Your arguments are as valid as Mourinho's attractive football promise imho.

Roman spent. Do you legitimately think Mourinho controls our transfer policy? He also spent 30m for Shevchenko right :rolleyes:

How much time did he give to Modric at Real? How often did he use Ozil in big games? He did eventually but he did not use him in Classicos at first. Sneijder is small but he tracks back. He also sold Robben right? Mourinho judges players just like a rugby coach. He might sign Griezmann but he would give more time to Schurlle or Willian.

To think Roman Abramovic has bought any player outside of Shevchenko is incredibly shortsighted. For one you can't prove it at all and for second it's only assumed that Roman cherry picked Shevchenko because of his 'supposed' fondness of him. There are no direct quotes, there are no reports. Roman is as silent as the night.

Modric had 25 starts, 8 subs in the league. Made a grand total of 53 appearances.

Why don't you tell us, instead of hiding behind a veil of ambiguity? Go on, tell us the exact number of big matches Ozil played.

He bought Robben and then Robben handed in a transfer request.

There's so much wrong with this post that there isn't much point arguing it to be honest. I'm just going to point out what's wrong with it:

1. You went from saying Mourinho wouldn't sign Griezmann (which was the whole premise of the argument) to "He might sign Griezmann but he would give more time to Schurlle (sic) or Willian."
  2. The conundrum that Mourinho will play Willian over Griezmann if we did sign him, ignoring that Willian is technically better than Griezmann - but I guess Mourinho only chooses technically inferior players to start right?
  3. You are bringing up the Shevchenko transfer from nearly a decade ago to justify that Roman still makes the signings here and that Mourinho somehow doesn't have input in the transfers at all - completely ignoring the fact that Jose made the decision to sell a fan favourite like Mata, or even someone like Luiz.
  4. Apparently Ozil never played in the Classicos (lol).
  5. He sold Robben because Robben wanted to go, not because Mourinho wanted to sell him.
  6. Again, apparently Mourinho has never had technical players in his side and coaches his team like a rugby manager would; even if we ignore the current team he's managing which will include players like Hazard, Fabregas, Willian, Oscar etc. Get over yourself, you sound like a bloody Arse/Man Utd/Pool fan.
  7. Mourinho doesn't play 'attractive football' (whatever that might mean) even though his 2012 Real Madrid side hold the record for most goals scored and points attained in La Liga.

Probably won't reply if you do reply so enjoy the rest of your day.

To think Roman Abramovic has bought any player outside of Shevchenko is incredibly shortsighted. For one you can't prove it at all and for second it's only assumed that Roman cherry picked Shevchenko because of his 'supposed' fondness of him. There are no direct quotes, there are no reports. Roman is as silent as the night.

Modric had 25 starts, 8 subs in the league. Made a grand total of 53 appearances.

Why don't you tell us, instead of hiding behind a veil of ambiguity? Go on, tell us the exact number of big matches Ozil played.

He bought Robben and then Robben handed in a transfer request.

Shevchenko was one of the best players in the world when we signed. Mourinho not wanting him and Roman signing him proves my point.

Also Mourinho adapts to leagues. He says that himself. He might have signed Ozil for La Liga but he did not want Ozil here. Neither Griezmann nor attractive football is coming here unless Roman forces.

Shevchenko was one of the best players in the world when we signed. Mourinho not wanting him and Roman signing him proves my point.

Also Mourinho adapts to leagues. He says that himself. He might have signed Ozil for La Liga but he did not want Ozil here. Neither Griezmann nor attractive football is coming here unless Roman forces.

That proves absolutely nothing. My god.

Roman forces nothing that we know of.

There's so much wrong with this post that there isn't much point arguing it to be honest. I'm just going to point out what's wrong with it:

1. You went from saying Mourinho wouldn't sign Griezmann (which was the whole premise of the argument) to "He might sign Griezmann but he would give more time to Schurlle (sic) or Willian."
  2. The conundrum that Mourinho will play Willian over Griezmann if we did sign him, ignoring that Willian is technically better than Griezmann - but I guess Mourinho only chooses technically inferior players to start right?
  3. You are bringing up the Shevchenko transfer from nearly a decade ago to justify that Roman still makes the signings here and that Mourinho somehow doesn't have input in the transfers at all - completely ignoring the fact that Jose made the decision to sell a fan favourite like Mata, or even someone like Luiz.
  4. Apparently Ozil never played in the Classicos (lol).
  5. He sold Robben because Robben wanted to go, not because Mourinho wanted to sell him.
  6. Again, apparently Mourinho has never had technical players in his side and coaches his team like a rugby manager would; even if we ignore the current team he's managing which will include players like Hazard, Fabregas, Willian, Oscar etc. Get over yourself, you sound like a bloody Arse/Man Utd/Pool fan.
  7. Mourinho doesn't play 'attractive football' (whatever that might mean) even though his 2012 Real Madrid side hold the record for most goals scored and points attained in La Liga.

Probably won't reply if you do reply so enjoy the rest of your day.

1.If Roman wants Griezmann, Mourinho might say yes. But he would still prefer Schurrle not Griezmann.

2. Willian is not as creative as Griezmann.

3. Fan favourite does not mean Roman favorite does it?

4. I said he did not prefer him at first. Then he realized without him they did not have the ball at all. If he wanted players like Griezmann, Mata at Chelsea we could have signed him last year.

5. And why did he want to leave? Mata also wanted to leave in the end. If we sign Griezmann he will also want to leave. Remember Hazard's comments from last year.

6. I am a Chelsea fan but I am not a fan of Mourinho like you guys.

7. Hazard: "Chelsea are not made to play football."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You