Jase

Man of the Match  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice end of season game in the end. Nice sunshine, people in their new kits and generally a good mood around the place. The videos seem to be popping up online of the lap and it was a beautiful moment for everyone. There's a real sense of family and pride at this club that's been enhanced by people like Lampard, and I'm so glad he's staying for another season now. Just compare it to the City lap of....whatever for a comparison.

The match itself was a nice little contest in the end. Great to see Ake get his first full start and he really grew into the game as it went on. If bringing this kid on was Rafa's only legacy (which it isn't) then I think we'd look back in a few years and say well done (although some people never will because he said some mean words when managing a different club).

Nice to see Torres score too and hopefully that makes him a little bit easier to sell in the summer. Part of me was thinking that he could stick around, but I think this recent purple patch is too good to cash in on. At least if he does go there will be better feeling attached.

Had a tear in my eye when Paulo came out too. It's felt like he's been on his farewell tour for a few years now, but he's just a great pro who always gave his all for this club and seemed to enjoy every moment of it. There are certain players who might not have been involved yesterday who could do with an ounce of that type of dedication.

So a nice end of term get together, played in relaxed conditions for the first time in six months and a nice way to put a full stop on this chapter of Chelsea's history before starting a new one. After moaning for months that I wanted this season over, now I just want the new one to start.

After moaning for months that I wanted this season over, now I just want the new one to start.

I can relate. Actually feel blue for the moment (pun intended) that it is over and weeks/months of waiting are coming.

kinda feel sad, that neiher malouda nor hilario had a speech. malouda wasnt even there. he doesent deserve this kind of farewell...

Just some post-match stats (if anyone bothers)...

- Chelsea are the only Premier League team to complete the double over Everton this season, having won 2-1 in both home and away encounters.

- Chelsea completed their first Premier League double over Everton since the 2004/05, when the Blues won 1-0 in both meetings.

- Chelsea have won the most number of points in Premier League matches between the Top 7 teams this season - 22 (P12 W6 D4 L2).

- Mini league between the Top 7 teams in Premier League this season:

1. Chelsea - 22pts (W6 D4 L2)

2. Man Utd - 20pts (W6 D2 L4)

3. Man City - 17pts (W4 D5 L3)

4. Tottenham - 15pts (W4 D3 L5)

5. Everton - 15pts (W3 D6 L3)

6. Arsenal - 11pts (W2 D5 L5)

7. Liverpool - 10pts (W1 D7 L4)

Only 2 defeats against the better quality teams this season (pretty good) and both came against the Manchester clubs with 1 of course coming in controversial circumstances. And this obviously points to the fact of dropping silly points against the lesser teams...

Oh, not to mention, we finished 14 points behind Man United and just 3 behind Man City this season compared to finish a massive 25 points behind both of them last season.

I was having plenty of doubt about Oscar in the middle part of the season, but I have to say, these past few weeks, he's really picked it up. This match showed that especially, with not only his impressive run to set up the first goal, but also the fact that he looked good when we were in possession all game long and created lots of chances.