Ilkay Gundogan

NishC300

9 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I don't believe in a move to Chelsea so I hope he stays at Dortmund rather than leave the club. They're a club I sympathise with.

Btw, a midfield with both Cesc and Gundogan would never work imo. Too slow, weak and lacks legs.

Well those would be the last attributes to describe Günni. He is quick despite not as fast as before his injury, definitely robust and solid stamina. Definitely a good deal ahead of fabregas. Also he is much more combative than any of our midfielders so would add much needed tenacity.  Not sure if posted before but look a this cameo vs Poland. Really put the team back on fire. Look at his sprint in the last scene? Not that slow I guess 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Well those would be the last attributes to describe Günni. He is quick despite not as fast as before his injury, definitely robust and solid stamina. Definitely a good deal ahead of fabregas. Also he is much more combative than any of our midfielders so would add much needed tenacity.  Not sure if posted before but look a this cameo vs Poland. Really put the team back on fire. Look at his sprint in the last scene? Not that slow I guess 

I'm confused. You're talking about that run to the right flank that was sped up? You posted a video of Gundogan coming on as a sub against tired legs as well btw.

He used to be in a more impressive physically. The old Gundo would've been fine. But after the injury/injuries he's slowed down quite a bit. I regularly see him in action and he's mostly jogging around the pitch. Often fails to track back quickly, jogging back instead. He doesn't possess the stamina and speed to move at a high tempo for 90 min (week in, week out) anymore. Have to emphasise that last part, he can turn it up from time to time but it's about what you bring consistently. His positional sense is better than Fabregas' though, which is why he's the superior midfield general/playmaker. For me anyway. He finds the right spaces easier.

Better than Cesc physically and more combatitive, yes, but that's not saying much. Weigl isn't much of a physical wonder either and it hurts Dortmund defensively, they get overrun in midfield too easily for a team of that calibre. Chelsea already possess that problem now. Tuchel recently added Castro in midfield, who added legs and pace, and I thought it was a smart move. If not for their dominant football, they would have problems.

As a replacement for Cesc, sure. But the both of them? I don't think that would work in the long term. Especially in the PL and Chelsea is not a team that plays dominant football either.

If Gundo comes to my 2nd club, I'll be happy when a 2ND top CM is also purchased by Chelsea because he alone isn't going to solve Chelsea's lack in CM.  Certainly a step in the right direction for Chelsea though.

If chelsea do not buy him, I still think he's going to a top club, so I'd rather the Blues take him ASAP. 

In a somewhat disappointing world of football at this moment (I can't watch Eredivisie and I don't watch La Liga), Gundogan is one of my favorite players to see regularly. 

If this were fantasy football stuff, I would be buying Kouyate and Gundogan now and shipping some of Chelsea's CMs out, pronto!

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

#BVB has reached an agreement with Atletico's starlet #Oliver. (Same position as Gundogan) .

Oliver and Gundo the same position? I don't think so. I don't know if in a future he could play there, but right now, i don't see the kid playing over there, he lacks the proper physical conditions to play as pure CM. For me, his main position, is as CAM:.

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

If Gundo comes to my 2nd club, I'll be happy when a 2ND top CM is also purchased by Chelsea because he alone isn't going to solve Chelsea's lack in CM.  Certainly a step in the right direction for Chelsea though.

If chelsea do not buy him, I still think he's going to a top club, so I'd rather the Blues take him ASAP. 

In a somewhat disappointing world of football at this moment (I can't watch Eredivisie and I don't watch La Liga), Gundogan is one of my favorite players to see regularly. 

If this were fantasy football stuff, I would be buying Kouyate and Gundogan now and shipping some of Chelsea's CMs out, pronto!

Not being critical or anything, just genuine curiosity, which one is your first club? I'm guessing Dortmund?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You