Sparta Prague v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of V. Moses coming up? or he will be in Nigeria having shit loads of fun with his teammates

Efe Ambrose was back playing fo Celtic last night, so the Nigeria players should all have returned to their clubs now. Whether RB thinks they're ready to play on Thursday is another matter.

Man United came to Prague to play Sparta a couple of years ago and it ended 0-0. Liverpool came to Prague to play Sparta two years ago and it ended 0-0. Sparta is not capable of doing anything special and the other team simply know they will have no problems at home. I believe this will be another 0-0 game.

According to JT Europa League must play second fiddle to a top four finish.

Finally, someone says it in the open. Therefore, I assume the players will not break their legs over this game in Prague, I hope.

Whether they win or lose it´s fine either way.

Efe Ambrose was back playing fo Celtic last night, so the Nigeria players should all have returned to their clubs now. Whether RB thinks they're ready to play on Thursday is another matter.

And he was culpable for two goals yesterday. Was always going to be a risk; would he be operating on pure adrenaline, or be totally side-tracked? Backfired for Lennon last night. Mikel and Moses should be given time to rest and then come back into the side against Brentford.

Also, I think what Terry has said is disappointing. Are we adopting a small club mentality and thinking a top four finish is the equivalent of a trophy? We're the defending European champions, and to go out of this tournament on a whim after the way we were unceremoniously dumped out of the UCL, albeit on a technicality, would be even more embarrassing for this club.

Think about it - we've fucked up in the League Cup, the league has been out of reach since early November and we've blown three relatively decent chances of silverware in the Community Shield, the UEFA Supercup and then the Club World Cup. We can't afford to put all of our eggs in the Premier League-or-nothing basket.

This competition, along with the FA Cup - they are the only chances of silverware we have this season. If we go out there and don't put any effort in, it will be an absolute disrespect towards the supporters and another layer of disappointment on this catastrophe of a season.

And he was culpable for two goals yesterday. Was always going to be a risk; would he be operating on pure adrenaline, or be totally side-tracked? Backfired for Lennon last night. Mikel and Moses should be given time to rest and then come back into the side against Brentford.

Also, I think what Terry has said is disappointing. Are we adopting a small club mentality and thinking a top four finish is the equivalent of a trophy? We're the defending European champions, and to go out of this tournament on a whim after the way we were unceremoniously dumped out of the UCL, albeit on a technicality, would be even more embarrassing for this club.

Think about it - we've fucked up in the League Cup, the league has been out of reach since early November and we've blown three relatively decent chances of silverware in the Community Shield, the UEFA Supercup and then the Club World Cup. We can't afford to put all of our eggs in the Premier League-or-nothing basket.

This competition, along with the FA Cup - they are the only chances of silverware we have this season. If we go out there and don't put any effort in, it will be an absolute disrespect towards the supporters and another layer of disappointment on this catastrophe of a season.

I think JT is just being realistic. Top Four qualification is a must for this club and if that means sacrificing the Europa League and FA Cup then so be it. That isn't a small club mentality, but a realistic, pragmatic approach to our situation.

I've seen you arguing the toss about the football we played in the CL last year, saying that it was the only way we could win and you're spot on. It was a pragmatic response to the reality that Barcelona were a better team than us. Sure we could've gone out and tried to outplay them but that would've been suicidal (as Wenger demonstrated not too long ago).

Sometimes you have to take the long term view that a bit of restraint now allows you a bit of freedom later.

The Europa League should be used to give our youngsters a chance to shine...like Spurs and Liverpool have done in recent times..

I'd much rather take 3rd place at the end of this disastrous season, get rid of Rafa and his pet Torres...and look forward to a fresh start in the EPL & UCL next season.

I'd hate to see Chelsea win the Europa League....and then screw up in the EPL...and somehow finish under both of our london rivals.