Match Fixing - Did it affect us?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it's the barca game tbh.

Wasn't there a game last season, I think in the final round of the group stages, where a team had to win by like 5 goals to stand any chance of qualifying for the knock-out rounds and they smashed some rubbish team by 6 or something like that? Can't remember who was involved but it felt dodgy to me at the time. Or is that not the kind of fixing they're taking about?

Didn't Europol said the games took place in England? If that is the case, then it can't be Dinamo Zagreb v Lyon. And apparently, the match fixing issue happened in one of the preliminary rounds played in England.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. But I won't be surprised if that lyon match was still found to be fixed anyway.

Preliminary is referring to the qualifying rounds then?

Didn't Europol said the games took place in England? If that is the case, then it can't be Dinamo Zagreb v Lyon. And apparently, the match fixing issue happened in one of the preliminary rounds played in England.

Whereabouts did you read it was a preliminary round? Can't seem to see that anywhere. Maybe I'm just being blind :S

Whereabouts did you read it was a preliminary round? Can't seem to see that anywhere. Maybe I'm just being blind :S

Here.

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Europol source,games fixed per int.competition. Champions League: 2 preliminary games; Europa League: 1 cup game+14 preliminary games (1/2)

Maybe I'm just reading things. :P

Daily Mail compiled a list of CL games played in England in last 3-4 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2273180/Champions-League-game-England-included-European-match-fixing-probe.html#axzz2JxEpSheH

There's no way to know until we know. Preliminary round makes the most sense because if you are rigging games, you don't want to draw attention to it. Also, referees/players would be much less likely to be willing to tamper with high profile games. With all the German league games we know were fixed, it makes some sense that the European matches might involve the same people but we'll just have to wait.

Doubt it's the barca game tbh.

Wasn't there a game last season, I think in the final round of the group stages, where a team had to win by like 5 goals to stand any chance of qualifying for the knock-out rounds and they smashed some rubbish team by 6 or something like that? Can't remember who was involved but it felt dodgy to me at the time. Or is that not the kind of fixing they're taking about?

Was it lyon ?

i think the system focusses on getting first throw-in, first free-kick etc because fixing results is a lot tougher in football. Cricket has had a lot of match-fixing in the past and that's because a single person can affect the result of a game. Azharuddin, Cronje anyone? But I dont think this has anything to do with Ovrebo. I would love for this to be about Ovrebo though!

I don't really know much about betting, but I think from what I have noticed in all the Manure games the ref give the decisions when it seems that Man United will struggle and the game seems out of their hand e.g. when we equalised or when Liverpool had a brilliant start.

I think that way ppl will be inclined to bet for us or Liverpool at that time and then with the red cards, offside goals, penalties and everything the whole situation turns around and all the people who bet for Liv and Chelsea lose their bets.

I dunno. Also wasn't Rooney's father and uncle in some betting scam for the SPL could that have a link with all this?