• Lampard
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Ramires
    • Torres
    • Mata(sub)
    • Benayoun(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

Well we should have won against QPR, Reading and Southampton for a start. There's 7 points. We should be six points behind United in the title race. But we're not, which goes to show how shit we are. There is a good chance City may thump us in a couple of weeks' time.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't watch it but was nervous checking my phone at 2-1, was like a 'here we fucking go again!" just a real shame the north London scumholes won too though but good result. Heard the scoreline flattered us a bit but who cares, 4-1 is a thrashing in any language (BVB lol sorry).

12 game shootout now with North London dirt, gonna be tense.

Average performance overall but happy that we got the 3 points more than anything else after the recent slump in form. Yes, it wasn't pretty at times as we looked dodgy and unconvincing but perhaps that is somewhat expected given our recent run of results. The confidence will return fully as long as we can continue picking up wins, hopefully, in the next few games. And besides, we have reached that point of the season where getting results is more than important than the performance.

One very positive is that we managed to perform quite alright without starting Mata. I'm sooooo glad we captured Azpi and not Van der Wiel or even Debuchy.

Lamps is making me emotional every time he scores, damn it!! :cry:

I think games like this, as crucial as they may be, are actually good times to rest Mata. Reason being, we need our other players to step up without him, gel, and find ways of winning themselves without depending on Juan.

A much needed win. We aren't going to play many more 'easy' games this season.

Thankfully we were spared the horror show that is Lampard and Ramires in a two-man midfield. Luiz was good but still makes errors with his passing although not so much today. Once Mikel is back we will be a lot more solid and be able to keep better possession of the ball.

It always surprises me that teams like Wigan can play all sorts of unorthodox formations yet we don't. I'd love to see us try playing with a back 3 and see how that affects our pattern of play and midfield. It's games like this that make me think Martinez, with better players, could create something special. Wigan always look dangerous and play the ball well.

Great win although the scoreline does flatter us a bit. Lots of very good performances. Azpi, Lampard, Torres, and Luiz were all excellent. Feel sorry for Torres, he played very well, passed well, defended well, and had two very good shots on goal which were Al-Habsi's best two saves.

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I had to go to 5 different places to find one that was showing the game, thank fuck we won!

Was I the only one worried with the lineup or when it got 2-1?

KTBFFH! :blue scalf:

I had to go to 5 different places to find a place showing the game, thank fuck we won!

Was I the only one worried with the lineup or when it got 2-1?

KTBFFH! :blue scalf:

i had a deja vu of another 2-0 lead getting screwed. and i could have bet that it would have been kone but thank the almighty that we dint bottle it today. plus i almost shut off the tv when rafa was making that horrible of benayoun for cahill and shifting luiz to defense and rambo to mid. for me that was the defining moment of the match when the fat idiot was unable to screw us up with his substitutiom.

i dont understand any other possible better way in which a player can actually show a club and its board and its owner that he deserves a contract.

LAMPS deserves a bloody contract and match after match he is showing that he is worth it. we are killing ourselves with this stupid decision of not extending his contract.

i dont understand any other possible better way in which a player can actually show a club and its board and its owner that he deserves a contract.

LAMPS deserves a bloody contract and match after match he is showing that he is worth it. we are killing ourselves with this stupid decision of not extending his contract.

Signing Lamps to a new contract would be nice, but it has to fit in with the club's priorities and right now we need a deep-lying playmaker more than we need to re-sign Lamps. If both these things can be achieved at the same time then he's a great option to have coming off the bench.

Agreed. If there's one player in the world who truly plays his heart out, shows ultimate loyalty, and bleeds blue...it's Frank motherfucking Lampard. So many players come across as entitled and arrogant, like the world owes them a huge contract for being able to do stepovers. To not offer Frank another contract is unbelievable. He wants to be here, plays his heart out, and gets results on the pitch. How many players can that be said about? Age is just a number.

Signing Lamps to a new contract would be nice, but it has to fit in with the club's priorities and right now we need a deep-lying playmaker more than we need to re-sign Lamps. If both these things can be achieved at the same time then he's a great option to have coming off the bench.

What are the club's priorities?

They sacked two talented young managers in AvB & Di Matteo...decided to buy a 50 million dollar spanish flop..and then they go and hire a former Liverpool manager who called our fans plastic.

What are the club's priorities?

They sacked two talented young managers in AvB & Di Matteo...decided to buy a 50 million dollar spanish flop..and then they go and hire a former Liverpool manager who called our fans plastic.

To build success for the future. AVB had to go and Robbie isn't a top-class manager. That doesn't mean we should've hired Benitez but there weren't many other options.

And when we signed Torres, he wasn't a flop. We didn't decide to sign a flop - that would just be thick.