Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

If we came top 4 and Arsenal come 5th, my happiness will be just as much, if not better than when we won the UCL last season. Must say though my relief would be so high if we do get top 4, it's been a tormentful (New word?) season. And it looked so good after the game at WHL didn't it. Never thought it could go so wrong, i was on cloud 9 after that game, paradise.

That game seems like a decade ago!

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too much of a pessimist to predict we will, although it's completely in our hands.

I think S***s might drop points at Stoke and L'Arse will win their two games.

Both bits of 'big news' today will not help us in our last two games, namely Petrov retiring - this might galvanise an already, in better form Aston Villa and Moyes last Everton game being against us - they may well bust their bollocks, trying to get a result against us now. Might work the other way, but I don't think they've that mentality.

So here top 4 is secured. You know, many of us have repeatedly stated how horrible this season was and how we can't wait for its end, but if you look at the standings we have 72 points with one round to go which is more than last two full seasons: 2010/2011 - 71; 2011/2012 - 64. Actually what hurt the most was the early CL departure and not getting at least one of the cups that the Champions League win allows us to play (not even the Charity Shield...). I think we were hit by the great expectations to challenge for the championship, but the fact is this was always going to be a transitional year after so many changes in the summer. However our season definer is still ahead of us, so more thoughts after the Europa League final.

Amazing that with such a thin squad and 67 games played we managed top 4. I was certain it wasn't going to happen for us but somehow we're there. I hope this is the last time for a while that top 4 is an issue for us.