FIFA Ballon d'Or 2012

BlueSunshine

Player of the year... Messi fair enough but the team of the year is BS tbh... Falcao, ronaldo and messi are fair enough, but what about the heroics of drogba, RVP consistently. No pirlo, Cech was OUTSTANDING in our CL run, he dived the right way for 7 pens in a row ffs. And pique is apparently in the worlds best 11 for 2012... :carlo: Marcelo had a better year than cole Apparently, i don't know how they worked that shit out...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, this Fifa award is for nothing. Every player has something special. Somebody is best in passing, shooting, driblling, but can Messi makes tackles on own half side? Can he leads his teams ahead like JT? Messi is brilliant, don´t take me wrong, but can he does best in other league? In EPL? I don´t think so. Ronaldo is sometimes very poor. Some players are underrated, for example: Kompany, he was best defender for me last year. But we can see just fucking players, which FIFA group like and support :wank2: . Casillas? Again? Very
overrated. Hart? Cech - Champion of Europe? NO, just the great IKER. Alves - parody of footballer, he is actor. I agree with 3 maybe for 4 players... :rant:

I honestly thought Ronaldo had a chance. Considering he won the title with Madrid, was the top scorer in the league, and scored some vital goals to secure them the title. Maybe this half a season now has let him down a bit, and Messi has delivered immensely.

You could tell Ronaldo was annoyed, he did everything he could last year and Messi still came up trumps. But the thing that bothered me was that there was the whole segment on fair play and decency in football. When Messi received the award and was speaking to the audience, he acknowledged Iniesta but didn't once say anything or congratulate Ronaldo for his achievements. Found it a bit sour.

Saying all that though, the award is voted by the fellow professionals. With Messi's golden boy image and Ronaldo's seen as the good but 'arrogant' one it wasn't at all surprising. Both had amazing years, but for me Ronaldo edged it in terms of individual achievements and what he won with Madrid.

Regarding the Team of the Year and Manager of the Year (Especially Pep being nominated), an absolute joke.

At the end of the day (and I'm sure our players think the same) who gives a fuck?!

I'm sure all of those players who were in that team of the year would have traded it in without a second of thought for the one thing our players won this year so fuck 'em!

Maybe i wasn't very clear in what i said. Yes he probably deserved it this year for his personal performance BUT he didn't deserve it all the previous times he has won it. Ronaldo should have won it at least once.

Actually this year is the only year Ronaldo can make a case. 1st year : Barca won everything,2nd Year:Xavi should have won it,3rd year: Barca won double.

what a fucking shame and what a fucking joke. i mean the back 4 is a disgrace to footballong world. alves(?), pique(????????), ramos(?) and marcelo (???????????????)... i mean wtf... and casillas as 2012's best goallie? with all due respect to him (i think he is the best GK in the world) but how can his contributions be more than cech's or neuer's... and pirlo over xavi and xabi anyday in 2012...

I was happy to hear that Abby Wambach won the women's Ballon d'Or!! :)

How do female players get so many caps fo their national teams? Is there more of an emphasis on international football on the female side of things?

Kristine Lilly has 352...mind blowing.

I think they tend to play longer because there are few women that play and stick with it past their mid 20's. Plus professional women's sports tend to lag behind men's sports with the possible exception of tennis and golf.

As of December 15, 2012, Wambach has 152 goals in 198 international matches. Out of her 152 goals, 61 goals or 40% were headers.

http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/playeroftheyear/player=186483/index.html