Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Who knows? At this point, can only hope whichever ST is selected, turns up for the game. No point raising any expectation any longer.

Have done that this season but no one can seem to find any consistency anyway especially when Mourinho has pretty much rotated between Eto'o (home) and Torres (away) for most of the season.

True...said it before, the system doesn't really suit Torres or Ba..at least the latter can still make himself useful by scoring from half-chances.

Who thinks he should be starting for the rest of the season?

I do. You simply don't drop a player who's scored two crucial match winning goals in a row when the team were starting to get desperate. Deserves to start at least the next three games (Sunderland, Atletico, Liverpool) and after that we'll see how he's done and think about whether he should still start the second leg of the Atletico tie. Use Eto'o as the impact sub with Torres to be dropped completely because I seriously don't want to see him anywhere near the pitch when we play against either of his former clubs, the guy has the mental strength of a 10-year-old.

I can't see anywhere were somebody has brandished him a 'great player' just appreciative of what he has done and the manner he has done it in.

Not directly but indirectly by implying that when suddenly suggestions are being thrown out that Ba should start our every remaining games etc.

I do. You simply don't drop a player who's scored two crucial match winning goals in a row when the team were starting to get desperate. Deserves to start at least the next three games (Sunderland, Atletico, Liverpool) and after that we'll see how he's done and think about whether he should still start the second leg of the Atletico tie. Use Eto'o as the impact sub with Torres to be dropped completely because I seriously don't want to see him anywhere near the pitch when we play against either of his former clubs, the guy has the mental strength of a 10-year-old.

i think ba is only useful, with another striker next to him.

I'm delighted for him that he's been able to pop up with those two vital goals but being honest I think he's been the worst out of the 3 strikers - although I think that has more to do with the fact that he doesn't suit our style at all. I don't know if he should continue to start, but I think he now deserves to be 2nd choice behind Eto'o.

I'm delighted for him that he's been able to pop up with those two vital goals but being honest I think he's been the worst out of the 3 strikers - although I think that has more to do with the fact that he doesn't suit our style at all. I don't know if he should continue to start, but I think he now deserves to be 2nd choice behind Eto'o.

True the safest option is Eto'o for most games. Don't want to sound ungrateful, but the best thing about Ba is that he can make the most of half-chances. Take away that goal against Swansea (and Vorm nearly pulled a save from that one), and there's not much to talk about except maybe for that back-heel flick which helped put Salah through on goal.

Actually there's alot to talk about!

like his ability to score from outside the box even when he was with Newcastle .. how powerful is his weaker foot shots .. and how much of a good body balance he has with decent control on the ball .. sticking with the last defender or inside the box ((something Torres never does)) so that he can make a chance out of it.. IMO he is a Gomez ((ex-bayern-fiorentina now)) like striker .. he will prove to be worthy if given the complete opportunity