Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

read my reply to alex's next post.

I have just read your response and i disagree that they didn't have the season people expected them to have, i thought they had a very good season.

83 points is a very good return and 9 times out of 10 that will have you in the title race right up until the last couple of games of the season and sometimes even winning it, they were just unlucky that they came up against the most complete team in Premiership history.

I have just read your response and i disagree that they didn't have the season people expected them to have, i thought they had a very good season.

83 points is a very good return and 9 times out of 10 that will have you in the title race right up until the last couple of games of the season and sometimes even winning it, they were just unlucky that they came up against the most complete team in Premiership history.

precisely my point. even 83 points dint win them PL because there was a big difference in class of top 4(3) and the rest of the league. we cant expect the same thing right now.

i am not denying that we were GREAT that season. i mean conceding 15 goals in 38 matches is so mean task. alex's original point was that even with a striker force of DD (first year), gudjonsen and kezman in 2004-05, we were able to win the league so comfortably but what we lacked in our striker force was OVERLY compensated by our defence which right now, seems far from reality.

precisely my point. even 83 points dint win them PL because there was a big difference in class of top 4(3) and the rest of the league. we cant expect the same thing right now.

i am not denying that we were GREAT that season. i mean conceding 15 goals in 38 matches is so mean task. alex's original point was that even with a striker force of DD (first year), gudjonsen and kezman in 2004-05, we were able to win the league so comfortably but what we lacked in our striker force was OVERLY compensated by our defence which right now, seems far from reality.

Actually i think the only problem that year was Kezman. Drogba was actually pretty good that season despite the urban myth's suggesting otherwise and Gudjohnsen was never a prolific scorer, but made up for it in nearly every other sense.

Giroud was never shit, he has always been a pretty good player, he got harshly judged last season because he was directly replacing Van Persie.

He had a decent first season and is getting better this time round.

Yeah and missing half a dozen sitters in your first few weeks with a club doesn't really help your cause. But i really like Giroud. His movement and link-up play is excellent. When on form (in terms of finishing) he's a top striker.

Wish we had Victor over Demba :(

Why is that? One of them is a winger and the other is a striker and they are not really comparable. After the signings of Willian, Schurrle and the return of De Bruyne, Moses became the 7th choice for an attacking midfielder so loaning him out makes a lot of sense.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is a testament to the bad luck we have with strikers. You can say Torres had injury problems and was not even playing well when we signed him, or Sheva was on the decline, or Eto'o has not played high level football in 3 years, but Ba was one of the top scorers in the premier league the same season we got him.

How he went from scoring in his first game for us, to now being behind a 32 year old striker and Torres is remarkable. I wanted him out during the window, but i still have some slight hope for him because - he has proven everywhere else he's played he can score goals, just needs some luck for that to happen in a Chelsea shirt.

According to BA:

" What matters is the next few months with Chelsea, that´s all. " If I play well, I will deserve to play & the manager will pick me in the team.

In other words, if I can I will try my hardest. If I won´t get picked, I am off in January, that´s the way I read it.

• 3 weeks later...