Leighton Baines

Stats

Can't believe there is no thread for him? Anyway stated it for a while now, he is currently the best performing left back in the PL. Another brilliant performance today, his goal was total class but his defending and attacking responsibilities all round were excellent. I would love him to be our starting left back next season. Cole is still a brilliant LB but he is declining and has made quite a few mistakes and lost a bit of his pace.

Best LB in the Premier League IMO

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure.

But I think we will never have him. I believe he's gonna spend the rest of his career with Everton.

Time will tell. But on a football level, he is excellent. Even against us was absolute quality on Sunday

Not sure how our board couldn't see he'd be a brilliant signing, Bertrand learnt from Ashley, not ready to take over the role yet, Baines is 28 and Bertrand can take over when he leaves the club at 31/32

Hes ending his career with us, there's no doubt about it.

Who knows? Speculation over the summer was that he was going United. But if our board put in a good offer for him will you really have a choice?

Who knows? Speculation over the summer was that he was going United. But if our board put in a good offer for him will you really have a choice?
Speculation over the last three years he's off to united. Trust me mate, I've seen enough Everton players leave over the years to know that he isn't going. Baines pretty much dismisses moving in every interview asked about it and he's a local lad.

I'm 100% sure as is almost every Evertonian you'll meet that he won't be leaving Everton for a long time yet.

Speculation over the last three years he's off to united. Trust me mate, I've seen enough Everton players leave over the years to know that he isn't going. Baines pretty much dismisses moving in every interview asked about it and he's a local lad.

I'm 100% sure as is almost every Evertonian you'll meet that he won't be leaving Everton for a long time yet.

I like Everton anyway so best wishes for him if he stays. Ideally if we got in the Champions League, I would want Everton out of all the other teams to join us. They deserve it

I like Everton anyway so best wishes for him if he stays. Ideally if we got in the Champions League, I would want Everton out of all the other teams to join us. They deserve it

Thanks, I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything. Hes just not going to leave, I think our financial situation is is highly exaggerated in the media too.

Thanks, I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything. Hes just not going to leave, I think our financial situation is is highly exaggerated in the media too.

He has really big self-esteem and anxiety issues and I think Everton really helped him get over his fears. Reading his interviews, he really loves the club and it would take a lot to convince him to leave.

How much would Everton want? 15-20 million? Even more? Not worth over 15 million imo, but mainly because you don't usually pay massive fees for defenders. Apart from Luiz and Thiago Silva who have all went for over 20 million recently.

Rumors are Fabio Conetrao is available for 8 million, personally I don't think hes amazing and worth the 30 million we came close to paying but 8 million could be worth a gamble.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You