Leighton Baines

Stats

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a case like this (where a player is worth more to his club than he would be to anyone else) the only way the player moves is if he wants to go. It would be reasonable at his age to want a crack at winning the Premier League or the Champions League, but for some players, being in a good, comfortable situation is more to their liking. To each their own.

He's a quiet guy who just loves playing football. doesn't seem money orientated, He's married with two kids (I think the oldest is about nine). I think he's put his family first in life, realises he has a dream 'job' and loves where he is. There's nothing wrong with that.

Good player but what of Van Aanholt? Since Rutten took over he along with Kalas, but especially PVA, have been hugely impressive. PVA filled in Buttner (who Alex Ferguson signed for United) boots and has shown even more ability than he did.

Agreed PVA has been arguebly the best left back in the eredivisie this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another excellent game he had yesterday. Best player on the field. Even though he is a fullback he has been there most creative player, along with Piennar , this season. Quality LB. really deserves more praise. Obviously not going to see him here next season because of Cole but I am sure Baines is still going to outperform him.

• 3 months later...

Everton have put an £18m valuation on Leighton Baines. We need to really look at this, Cole has 1 year, maybe 2. Baines is perfect to replace him and worth every penny of the £18m valuation. DO IT!

Shaw is adament he's gonna stay at Southampton for a good few years yet. If Everton Value Baines at £18m, we could probably get him for £14m. He has so many qualities, he could play for 4 more seasons at a great level.

Everton have put an £18m valuation on Leighton Baines. We need to really look at this, Cole has 1 year, maybe 2. Baines is perfect to replace him and worth every penny of the £18m valuation. DO IT!

THIS!

He's one of my wishlist guys - which is a very short wishlist.

Luke Shaw younger and for me will be a better player in a few years

Yeah in a "few years", not for now and I think Baines still will produce quality for the next 3/4 years.

Can't see us being in for Baines. While Shaw may say he's committing to Southampton, if his boyhood club with Jose Mourinho asked for him I'm sure he'd sign immediately.

We can't only have boys that will be good in a few years. We have tons of young talented boys now - Bertrand is not one of them - we need to add some experience. one more reason I'd welcome Baines. I rate him only under Lahm for the LB... so he's pretty much who I'd like there.

We could sign Shaw some years down the road, but I think we could use some talent in the LB now and unfortunately I don't see Cole being the guy he used to be anymore

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You