Sunderland fans threatened with bans because they prefer to stand.

Changingman_2000

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this is the price you pay for increased ticket prices. instead of passionate fans you get rich families into the ground which creates a dull atmosphere. i hear that the fans banned for standing were at the "Singing section" of the club or in other words, the "Voice" of the club

for ex - Norwich fans on Wednesday were chanting - "Thursday Night Chanel 5" and Chelsea fans replied with a "Champions of Europe - We know what we are" chant. that's what you should have in football. i bet if Norwich fans chanted that at the Emirates, they would be met by silence

edit - in all that i forgot the point was trying to make. passionate fans = singing/standing and egging the team on. families = sitting down and having a nice time

Modern football terrible thing. At least some clubs have agreed to trial safe standing which is a fantastic step forward. Unfortunately i can't see our club ever agreeing to it at least without the money grabbers at the top feeling like they've got something in return.

The stewards always tell us to sit down in the MHL but then we just start a 'stand up, if you hate Tottenham' chant so it doesn't work. It's hard to give your full support sitting, even in the pub i prefer to stand lol.

Modern football terrible thing. At least some clubs have agreed to trial safe standing which is a fantastic step forward. Unfortunately i can't see our club ever agreeing to it at least without the money grabbers at the top feeling like they've got something in return.

Well if we can get 70,000 people in there instead of 40,000 then they would get a lot more revenue from it. Although i can't see the number increasing that much as there will be limited standing areas and everyone wouldn't be crammed in... Some atmosphere there would be though. In the olden days way back in the early 1900's apparently we got 120,000 people in one time. What an atmosphere that must have been.

The stewards always tell us to sit down in the MHL but then we just start a 'stand up, if you hate Tottenham' chant so it doesn't work. It's hard to give your full support sitting, even in the pub i prefer to stand lol.

Hahah had that in the Lower.Steward looked all proud with himself getting everyone sat and then came the Special one chant..back in the days lol

Hard for them I guess cause their job and gana be moaned at for sitting people down and for the fact people are standing by the fans who are behind them etc but majoity of the time it doesnt so much effect anyway.Safe standing would be ideal but cant see it ever getting put into place