Dieumerci Mbokani

Stats

Well with the tragedy of his son, that shattered him badly and he recovered well with his performances on the pitch and I think became more level-headed. He scores nearly every game and disciplinary improving so I guess his attitude is improving. He could turn out to be another Benteke in the prem but I think with more goals.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 3 scorer this year behind messi and ronaldo in europe. Before Falcao, cavani and el sharaawy

Those stats don't say much. I've seen them as well. Yes he's scored more than Falcao. But in more matches as well. No comparison... Take the number of goals both players scored and divide by the number of games they've played. Better even, divide by the number of minutes played. And I don't believe Mbokani is Chelsea material, he's not good enough.

He could turn out to be another Benteke in the prem but I think with more goals.

I don't believe this either. Benteke is already proving himself in a harder league, Mbokani failed when he moved to a harder league. Plus, Benteke is 5 (I repeat, 5!!!) years younger than Mbokani, if he keeps up playing the way he is he will only get better and be a greater player once he reaches 25.

Normally I only tend to read, but this topic surely got my attention :)

Mbokani isn't a bad player, would fit in with most mid-table teams probably. But he's never ever Chelsea material. He's also the kind of guy who loves attention and would rebel as soon as he's on the bench for more than 4 consecutive games. And he's not one of the brightest. I mean, after his first season at Anderlecht he had to leave because he ruined the appartment they rented for him by having a BBQ... inside his appartment :rolleyes:

He was a internet gem few years back when he got stuck with his head in a rollercoaster (Steven Defour sitting next to him)

:D

Last week only, he said he should get the trophee for best player in the Jupiler League, because he is the best and there is no competition. Arrogant as hell, just when I thought he was changing to the good.

This could be the right choice until the end of the season. Cheap (6 or 7M), good first touch and clinical up front.

One of the best scorer this year behing messi, Ronaldo, ibrahimovic and falcao

But he is cup tied

No, just no. I mentioned it in this thread some time ago, he had the chances and played for Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga 2 (?) years ago and was more than disappoiting and ended up sitting on the bench after 7 appearances and no goals. He had his chance to play in a European top league and failed, so I think there are far better options for us. At least there should be.

Great player. Somehow failed when he made a step up to bigger clubs. Still don't know why. He's irreplacable for Anderlecht at the moment, has a nose for goals, is strong as fuck and a look at his face makes defenders tremble and cower in fear.

I'd say not good enough for Chelsea though.

(then again he's better than the Torres at Chelsea)

Just because he had a bad spell in the Bundesliga or wherever it was does not mean anything to me. I know we have Ba, but this is just a general statement. Players change and improve. Just look at Diego Forlan for eg... he was horrible at United then when Atletico bought him he turned into a goal machine in one of the best leagues in the world. Huntelaar was crap at Real. How many goals does he score for Schalke in a season? Masses of goals right?

Or even the case of Rickie Lambert. He changed dramtically. He ways way down the bottom tiers of football and never used to be so prolific. A few years ago at Macclesfield he managed like what: 8 goals in just over 40 appearances and only 18 goals in about 100 games at Rochdale. That is equivalent to six goals a season which is poor. Lambert then went to Bristol Rovers and banged goals in for fun and now he is playing at the Premiership and has managed 8 goals in the league already.

Players change. Mbokani is improving and see no reason why he would not excel at a bigger team. That goes both ways as in just because a player had a bad spell in another country/countries does not mean he will not find form at another club and also a proven striker can still lose his touch for goals as we have seen with Kezman and Sheva fpr instance.

• 4 weeks later...

Both Anderlecht and Mbokani rejected an offer from Norwich City a Belgian paper writes today.

It's rumoured Anderlecht is asking at least €12 - 15 m, the player himself is probably aiming a team higher in the order then Norwich.

He was really really bad at wolfsburg I am really not sure if he has the quality to play for a club like us!

He wasn't given a chance there, only played 7 games.

It's just the same that saying Marko marin is bad here. But after Mbo could show his real assets

He wasn't given a chance there, only played 7 games.

It's just the same that saying Marko marin is bad here. But after Mbo could show his real assets

I am not saying he is bad i just said i am not sure! I never liked marin and expected him to be a part time player!

I just dont think we need a player with his qualities we have ba/lukaku we need a fast striker that can score like david villa/adrian...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You