Fernando Torres

Could've got him yonks ago for a lot bloody cheaper!!

Sturridge must feel even more wanted...'plus a player' blah blah

And if Carlo isnt having a say in this..can this going the same way the Sheva Jose Roman sega seemed to go...

I wouldnt mind him coming but not for that much!! And not behind the poor guys back!

God have mercy please, keep away Torres from this club...

If we buy him, this would be one of the greatest mistake done by this club !

First of all, like @Styles and @Madmax have said, he's the Shevchenko number 2. The lad is finished for the english football. He can't no more deal with the physic part in football. Since he has 18 years old he is over used by his different coachs. The guy has past his best... I don't think he has a lot to offer to us...

Plus this year, he hasn't shown commitment with Liverpool, and it's exactly what we don't need. We already have Drogba, Anelka and Essien for that.

And like Kostas has said, if we offer £40m + for Torres will probably cancel our chance for Luiz, and to a lesser extent will cancel any deals with Neymar/Lukaku. And for Jesus sake, a 'pack' Neymar+Luiz would be 100 times better than Torres...

And finally, £40m, what the fuck ?!! Two years ago I would have said yes ! But right now I wouldn't pay £15m for him...

If the deal happens i would be gutted, and it would symbolize the start of an era of mediocrity....

This is so wrong, I dont know where to begin.

EDIT: and LaylaBelle, the last time we were linked with Torres, Carlo had nothing but praises for him. For all we know, Carlo couldve plotted this whole transfer.

Check this, old but, must see

Aguero: I want to play with Liverpool striker Torres - at Chelsea!

Maybe this explain why we want to bring Torres ? + It is understood Abramovich has been advised to complete the two transfers in January, rather than the summer, in order to make it easier for Chelsea to comply with UEFA's incoming Financial Fair Play regulations.

I cant believe some people are saying Torres is finished, He's too old, etc....He's 26 ffs. He hasn't even hit his prime.

Drogba was 25 when signed (1 goal every 2.0 games)

Anelka was 28 when signed (1 goal every 2.8 games)

Comparing Torres to Sheva is pathetic. He's played in a far slower league and found it hard to adjust. Torres has had several years in the EPL and knows what its all about. He wont have to adjust, he wont be coming to a new country. He'll be hitting the ground running.

He may have had a shit season so far, but a return of 65 goals in 101 games is not to be laughed at. (1 goal every 1.4 games)

Edited by Aesthetic Relic

The fellas over at RAWK believe this deal will go through more than our own fans. Thats a good sign.

He took a massive pay cut to come here after showing incredible loyalty to Attletico, he played his heart out for us and has been shit on for three straight years by the board. He has been told bare faced lies about the intentions of the Club and our wish to compete at the top table.

Last season he was lied to by the medical team and nearly missed the World Cup because of it.

Even after all that he stayed loyal in the summer when he could easily of forced a move, he has seen Insua, Aquilani, Babel and Mascherano forced out of the Club and he still stayed loyal and gave the new owners an opportunity to back their words with actions.

Let's get this 100% straight the reason he has put in a transfer request 3 days before the window is because he has given NESV every opportunity to make a statement of intent. They have failed miserably off loading Babel and making joke bids for Suarez and Adam whilst failing to appoint a CEO, failing to appoint a permanent manager and failing to make a commitment to a Stadium, whilst leaving Cecil the snake in place.