Fernando Torres

I think Mourinho had Drogba as his primary striker. And Shevchenko was thrust upon him in 2006 which really didnt leave any scope for a Torres transfer. Just cus a scout goes to watch a player doesnt mean we are in to buy him.

May be if Sheva was not here, we may have got Torres but that wasnt the case.

He's always played games with a bit of fire but trusted him to not quite go over the edge. And I've been right since he's never gotten a red since coming to England...oh well there's a first out of his system now. He got the crap miss out last week, the red this week, he should be good for the rest of the season.

Just worried his rhythm will be disrupted with the ban. He's looking so good now. That pass to open up Swansea led to Ramires' goal.

Fernando Torres = Attention Whore

He just can't stand to be out of the media limelight.

One positive, everybody was wondering how the miss would affect him. He didn't have many chances today but he made the most of the one he had. Nice finish. That's what makes the red even more puzzling. He'd just scored, the team was attacking more, and he wasn't frustrated. He's always had a pissy streak in him on the pitch but his last red card was in La Liga in September 2006. Riley wasn't in a pro-Chelsea frame of mind to begin with and Torres was pissy from the get go with Riley.

One positive, everybody was wondering how the miss would affect him. He didn't have many chances today but he made the most of the one he had. Nice finish. That's what makes the red even more puzzling. He'd just scored, the team was attacking more, and he wasn't frustrated. He's always had a pissy streak in him on the pitch but his last red card was in La Liga in September 2006. Riley wasn't in a pro-Chelsea frame of mind to begin with and Torres was pissy from the get go with Riley.

Agreed. I was a little worried because the first 20 plus minutes was the same shit from last season - slow passing, no creativity etc and he was clearly frustrated and I thought it would be another dire 90mins for him but one chance and goal! I think he just got overexcited and AVB was right infront of him so probably trying to show that he's committed or something and dived in. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Torres should talk less with the refs as it just distracts him from being brilliant. And today he clearly wasn't happy with the ref and it probably increased the blood pressure a bit. He needs to focus that fire towards goal. Just gutted that he'll only have three games between now and November (!).

He's always been a ref talker even when he couldn't speak English. Rafa used to tell him periodically to shut up. Oh well. 3 games - 2 goals, 2 assists. At least he's getting better playing in Blue.

He should be rested for the CL games and AVB will be allowed to rotate too.

Still shaking my head.

He had already done a fine job of slowing down the attack. Even as his biggest fan (sorry Tortilla), he really did mess up. Let's hope he does well in the CL games and Chelsea have enough firepower to do without him for the PL ones.