Fernando Torres

His last red card was on 9th September 2006 for Atletico Madrid against Valencia in La Liga (a 1-0 defeat).

More positively, he's now scored against 24 of the 28 different teams that he has faced in the Premier League. It was his first ever goal in front of the Shed, and only one of his assists (Ivanovic vs. Newcastle) has been there. The rest of his SB goals and assists, including in the 2008 CL semi goal for Liverpool, were both in front of the Matthew Harding.

Edited by TomCFC

Also , he walked to the Bridge for the game hah.

Man, the computer is kicking my butt today. I tried to copy and paste in the post but I couldn't. Supposedly this picture was taken of Torres walking to the Bridge today.

Edited by Tortilla9

Just saw him on the post match interview with Neil on ChelseaTV. Looked composed and confident , spoke about being very thankful for the fans always being on his side from the very beginning even when things weren't going to plan .

Would love to see this. C'mon someone upload it already :P

Does that make him a proper West Londoner now?

I'm not sure he should have shared that info. You'll have people stalking him from home to the Bridge on game days now. **Hmmm...any deals to London...

There are more photos out there. One showing him with his family. Walking to work with the family. How cool is that?

Dean obviously saw Nando before the match and the card was for dressing like a 14 year old. He walks to work in his Chelsea trackie and cap ;)

Does that make him a proper West Londoner now?

I'm not sure he should have shared that info. You'll have people stalking him from home to the Bridge on game days now. **Hmmm...any deals to London...

There are more photos out there. One showing him with his family. Walking to work with the family. How cool is that?

Dean obviously saw Nando before the match and the card was for dressing like a 14 year old. He walks to work in his Chelsea trackie and cap

http://twitpic.com/6qep5e

They really are a cute family. They look like any other family out there for a stroll.

Watched the match on CTV again. Loved one comment from the Chelsea announcer, Ben Andrews, after Torres red card: there must be a voodoo doll of him out there somewhere.

At the end they interviewed Cech and Torrres. Cech said a clean sheet would be nice but he'd rather have a 2-1 win than a 0-0 draw.

Asked Torres about the red card. Said it was his first in the PL and hopefully his last. Said he tried to pull his leg back but he arrived late and didn't mean to hurt the player or put pressure on the team.

Asked about his relationship with the fans. Said its easy for the fans to love and support you when you're doing well. They've been behind him since day 1 and wherever he sees them in the street, cafe, they are supportive. Asked about how he gets to work. Said he's been doing it for a while and he can do it in England and in Spain he'd never be able to. He likes to see the atmosphere but now it might be a little more difficult since people know he walks to work.

Doubt he's walking to work when we play Liverpool.

I'm sharing this with every scouser nut job I know.

gallery_2559_26_2965.png

According to the Guardian report, the Torres sending off was announced over the tannoy at half-time during the Wolves Liverpool game. How classy is that? After hanging the player out to dry when he left, the club just don't appear to be able to leave it alone. It seems to be part of the new corporate hierarchy's way of maintaining their popularity. Would be interesting to know what really went on behind the scenes before he left.