UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Last season, Benfica & Bayern fans came on here, and every post they made included “I'm so pleased your underestimating us“, it was a superstitious thing.

The rest is history.

Well, soon we will see !

I'm not saying that we will beat you at any cost, for sure your team is very good and you are the obvious favourites by being reigning champions, but despite this i think that we also can have a good chance.

For sure they will be two very interesting games to see. ;)

Spain showed us how to beat Juve then? They kept Pirlo out of the game and Italy could do nothing..

everyone tries, not all succed! just like we should try and block your wings.. easy to say!! =)

Well, soon we will see !

I'm not saying that we will beat you at any cost, for sure your team is very good and you are the obvious favourites by being reigning champions, but despite this i think that we also can have a good chance.

For sure they will be two very interesting games to see. ;)

Yeah good luck - as I'm quite close in Austria - might try and nip down for that :)

Pity Seria A has been rocked with 'corruption' again and again - used to be an amazing league...

Ciao :)

Wow it's getting a bit hot in here isn't it. Anyway firstly i'd like to congratulate Juve for winning the league in fantastic style last season and welcome back to where you belong, the Uefa Champions League. Juve are steeped in history and we should all respect who they are first and foremost because they are one of the biggest names in world football. I wont disrespect any fan by saying we're on a different level because it's not right to be honest. We are the better team today and we are higher in the football pyramid as of now but Juve had a great season and can beat us if we're not careful.

Personally, with all due respect, i don't see too many problems in the group for us. Juve aren't what they were a while ago and we have the better team and squad. I believe Juve and Shakhtar will battle for 2nd spot but that's not me being cocky or disrespectful, that's just me saying it like it really is. I've liked Juve in Italy for a long time because of some of the players and teams i've seen since i've watched football, Vialli, Nedved and Del Piero stand out of course and Buffon in goal. Still wish they had beat Man Utd in that '99 semi final but some things just happen don't they.

I don't think many of the Chelsea fans are trying to be disrespectful but Chelsea are ahead of Juve atm for sure. Juventus have had many problems on and off the field in recent years and even now they are having problems. I just hope they sort themselves out because they belong on the UCL stage. They still have a bit to do before they are challenging for the Champions League trophy imo. Must admit tho, Juve deserved to knock us out in 2009, we deserved nothing from those games. But Juve vs Fulham the season after.... Fulham 4-1 Juventus? Shocking.

Anyway good luck, hope they are 2 fantastic matches worth of the UCL and both teams stature in European Football.

Juventus. Are. Not. Pushovers.

Honestly. Where has this rubbish come from that they're 'not that good'?

Sure, Serie A isn't what it used to be, but it's incredible to go the full season unbeaten; and doing it with incredibly attractive football too. (Aside from when Borriello touched the ball :ph34r: .)

It will be a very tight game.

Buffon = Amongst the top 5 goalkeepers in the world.

Pirlo = Probably the best passer in the world. (Xavi isn't quite as good as he's made out to be.)

Chiellini = Well... I'm sure the Juventi on here will disagree, but he's quite tricky. He goes down easily sometimes around his own box to get possession back via. free-kick. Good pace for a centre-back.

Giovinco = Incredible pace and dribbling.

Vucinic = Almost unstoppable on his day.

Vidal = In my opinion, the 2nd best box-to-box player in the world; just after Yaya Toure.

Asamoah = Will break your legs if you piss him off.

Marchisio = He's like an engine. He will not stop running. Even if you chop his legs off, he will run using his hands.

Barzagli = Probably the best central defender in Serie A last season. Certainly amongst the top 10 central defenders world-wide last season.

JUVENTUS. ARE. NOT. GOING. TO. BE. EASY.

Pirlo = Probably the best passer in the world. (Xavi isn't quite as good as he's made out to be.)

Messi and Xabi Alonso are better imo

People who are saying Barca have an easy group are highly mistaken.

Their home fixtures should be a walk through, but away to Scotland, Portugal, and Russia, will inevitably be a challenge.

The fact that Barcelona's 3 home games are genuinely easy makes your comment a bit weird because if they win all of them, which they will, they only need one or 2 points away. This makes it an easy group.

I expect us to beat Juve at the Bridge and then lose in Italy. As long as we get 3 points out of 6 against them I'll be happy.

Against Shakhtar we should get at least 4 out of 6, and we simply must beat that other team home and away.

Juve fans will be rubbing their hands now. I put Juve as a similar level as Atletico. If they are as efficient as Atletico are settled, we're in trouble. The whole world has just witnessed Chelsea 12/13. It's a rather fragile one you'd say.

Lol, the way people disregard Juve like they're some sort of average mid table team. They're Italian champions who went the whole season unbeaten. Not only that, they've really built well on their success as well with the players they've signed. Have a little respect.