UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Right, we should win this group with 15 points. 5 wins, 1 loss in Donetsk.

I'm predicting:

Chelsea (15)

Shakthar Donetsk (12)

Juventus (3)

Jesper Gronkjaer (3)

Why you underrating Juve so much?

AC Milan have a very easy group, though they'll lose in Leningrad to Zenit. As do Arsenal.

Group A is an unknown quantity, anyone could win that group. Except Zagreb.

Man United have two very difficult away trips to Cluj and Galatasaray. We may well see them struggle to top the group. Ajax and Dortmund should pose no problem for City and Real. Group G is the group of death, because you have Barcelona a few dozen classes above the rest and then three teams that are all capable of beating each other, even Spartak 'We're so irrelevant that everyone calls us CSKA' Moscow. Also it'll be a bit lol to see how the princesses of La Masia handle playing in the cauldron that is Celtic Park, and their favourite away excursion to Russia. Barca should still comfortably top the group but they have a non-existent defence, Celtic have one of the strongest home records in Europe, if Benfica still have that massive Cardozo bloke they could shock Barcelona, and even 'CSKA' might take a point off Barcelona at home.

I reaaally didn't want to get Juve. But I guess they'll have to settle for second place. It's a fair group after all, especially if you compare it to the likes of group D.

It will be nice to see again but like you say would of preferred to avoid it. I'm thinking of going back to London to watch it but :lol:

Too many people define Group of Death as in the group with the toughest teams on paper. The hardest possible group would be:

*One of the 1st Category clubs*

Galatasaray

Celtic

Shakthar/Zenit/Spartak/Dyanmo Kiev/Cluj.

We'd pick up about 2 points on the road with a group like that. Stupidly good home records those teams have.

Farum Park is a football stadium, located in Farum, Denmark and is the home ground of F.C. Nordsjælland. It has a capacity of 10,100 of which 9,800 are seated.

Something WHS would surely enjoy. Their fans must be all over the moon. Champions of Europe in their city and stadium.

Great to have Chelsea coming back to Denmark, FC Nordsjælland should be a walkover. They have a weaker team than FC Copenhagen and no Champions League experience. Overall I think we should be really happy about this group, apart from Shaktar which is rough.