Leandro Damião

ANDRECHO

I can do that too, it's not too hard to pull off a rainbow flick... And it's not something he does normally. Berbatov is a lot more naturally talented, one of the classiest strikers going, while Damiao reminds me a bit of a donkey, frustrating player.

Yes, in my backyard I do this quite frequently, not agaist Argentina though (have to count the rivalry). He does this quite frequently, I can find about 10 different games he has done it.

I dont think Berbatov is one of the classiest strikers, not even close. This is what I would compare to rank him that high: Falcao, Cavani, Lewandoski, Huntelaar, RVP, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Torres (Liverpool), Benzema, etc.

Damiao does look like a donky, lol. I dont rate him, it is clear reading my posts...

Btw, it was just a comparison to give an idea of what type of player he was. All I was saying is that he knows how to score (Berba), but he also has speed and ability (Hernandez). He can get the job done and has mobility, nothing special though. I wouldnt want any of the 3 in CFC, I want a top5 striker (Falcao, Cavani, Dzeko, etc).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in my backyard I do this quite frequently (almost 100% completion ratio), not agaist Argentina though (have to count the rivalry). He does this quite frequently, I can find about 10 different games he has done it.

I dont think Berbatov is one of the classiest strikers, not even close. This is what I would compare to rank him that high: Falcao, Cavani, Lewandoski, Huntelaar, RVP, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Torres (Liverpool), Benzema, etc.

Damiao does look like a donky, lol. I dont rate him, it is clear reading my posts...

Btw, it was just a comparison to give an idea of what type of player he was. All I was saying is that he knows how to score (Berba), but he also has speed and ability (Hernandez). I wouldnt want any of the 3 in CFC, I want a top5 striker (Falcao, Cavani, etc).

When I say classy, I mean technique wise, how comfortable they are on the ball... Think Ibra, RVP... Not saying Berbatov is as good as them, no chance, but he is a lot more classy than Damaio, their first touch and control of the ball are miles apart. Damaio is more of a poacher whilst Berbatov can get involved in the build up and provide assists and goals.

I'd have him for £20million...But at the moment, I'd probably have any striker for £20million who can score goals. Age is on his side, So he'd be a good signing if bought. Not seen much of him, Apart from Youtube Videos which i won't judge a player on because youtube makes any player look good and him in the Olympic's which he seemed decent in!

I'd have him for £20million...But at the moment, I'd probably have any striker for £20million who can score goals. Age is on his side, So he'd be a good signing if bought. Not seen much of him, Apart from Youtube Videos which i won't judge a player on because youtube makes any player look good and him in the Euro's which he seemed decent in!

What country did he play for in the Euros?

Damiao is very young still, so I'd not be comfortable declaring him average or barely good enough. I think right now is a very good player and certainly more skillful than Andy Carroll. He is confortable on the ball and can even dribble a bit, esp inside the box. He is not pacy like Neymar, but nowadays Torres is so slow that I don't think we'd lose much in speed department with Damiao.

I support Gremio (blue) down south in Brazil (it's the opposite there -- colder muddier in the south), and Inter are their arch rivals. I've watched (and suffered) from Damiao enough to know he is a handful.

It's all about the price though. He's certainly not worth 30 mil right now IMO.

Damiao is very young still, so I'd not be comfortable declaring him average or barely good enough. I think right now is a very good player and certainly more skillful than Andy Carroll. He is confortable on the ball and can even dribble a bit, esp inside the box. He is not pacy like Neymar, but nowadays Torres is so slow that I don't think we'd lose much in speed department with Damiao.

I support Gremio (blue) down south in Brazil (it's the opposite there -- colder muddier in the south), and Inter are their arch rivals. I've watched (and suffered) from Damiao enough to know he is a handful.

It's all about the price though. He's certainly not worth 30 mil right now IMO.

As an Inter supporter from Porto Alegre, who actually sees him playing in the stands, i couldn't agree more. He won't ever be as great as someone like Ronaldo was, but given time to adapt to the EPL, he would probably be one of league's top scorers.

Certainly better than Torres.

As an Inter supporter from Porto Alegre, who actually sees him playing in the stands, i couldn't agree more. He won't ever be as great as someone like Ronaldo was, but given time to adapt to the EPL, he would probably be one of league's top scorers.

Certainly better than Torres.

That's cool! It's been over 15 years since I watched a Gre-nal, but I do try to watch a game when I visit.

This is nosense, because Leandro Damiao is shit.

One of the worst strikets to wear brazilian #9 shirt. I really dont know why this guy is so overhyped.

Too much of an overreaction Henrique, but he is definetly not worthy of Brazilian #9 and he is extremely overhyped.

When I say classy, I mean technique wise, how comfortable they are on the ball... Think Ibra, RVP... Not saying Berbatov is as good as them, no chance, but he is a lot more classy than Damaio, their first touch and control of the ball are miles apart. Damaio is more of a poacher whilst Berbatov can get involved in the build up and provide assists and goals.

I think that is true, he does look slugish. He has more ability (tricks) than Berba though. Not that it counts in games and I would choose Berbatov any day of the week, but he does...

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't mind him here for anything under £15m, but I can't see that happening.

I say that first bit because, well, he does have potential - but it just looks like his ceiling isn't all that high. He reminds me a little of Adebayor. So he'd be a fine back-up or rotation option I'm sure.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You