Leandro Damião

ANDRECHO

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised to see that nobody is talking about him atm. He fits our squad perfectly.

Because we haven't been linked to him. If the daily fail say mourinho's first signing will be leandro then the thread would be buzzing with activity.

Because we haven't been linked to him. If the daily fail say mourinho's first signing will be leandro then the thread would be buzzing with activity.

Yh but there tons of threads that are wishlists. I think Damiao would be great for Chelsea.

Yh but there tons of threads that are wishlists. I think Damiao would be great for Chelsea.

he already works great with oscar and is a powerful striker....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks set to sign for Napoli. Napoli have made some good buys so far, Damiao and Mertens should be good for them along with Rafael the Brazilian GK from Santos who looks as if hes set to sign as well.

That's the type of signing I wanted to go for. He's nothing like Lukaku--completely different player. Damiao is older and more experienced too.

It's very difficult to acquire players, especially strikers, when they are at their peak. As we've found out, not only with the Torres flop, but with our attempts to get a replacement. The top clubs just don't want to sell them, and when they do it becomes a freaking auction.

So, gotta find the targets before they become stars. Yes, it's a risk, but not as high as signing a 50M striker who was showing early signs of retirement.

--

On characteristics, I see Damiao as being a rounded striker, because he does not excel in any specific skill, but is good in all of them. The only exception could perhaps be pace, though I'd not categorize him as slow. He's tall, pretty strong, and can shield the ball very well. He's got pretty good technique and can even dribble in very small spaces, which I can't say for Ba for example.

Although he is not, obviously, at the same level of the prior Brazilian great #9 (though aside from Romario and Ronaldo, don't consider the others that great), Damiao is fairly inexperienced for a player with already as many caps as he's got. In other words, although he is not the player we need at the moment, hence some harsh criticism for being Brazil #9 (not his fault btw), he's already a very good player with potential to become a great striker in the future.

• 5 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You