Eddie Newton

Tomo

What is happening with him? some say he has gone some say he is staying (with Ste) as Chelsea don't want more changes in the backroom staff. I hope he is staying put.

I haven't seen a thread with his name in yet if there is feel free to merge this. Personally i think we are seriously missing a trick if we let him go.

Managerial stability is a long way off, it's just not going to happen until Roman finds the right man, so maybe Eddie being the new Steve Clarke is the middle ground?

He is Chelsea through and through and while he has loyalties to Robbie, if he was offered to stay on i don't think his heart would let him turn the opportunity down.

Having Eddie around would certainly help Rafa ease into his role a bit more and with the Spaniard having the dictator personality and keeping his distance from the players on a personal level, Eddie's arm round shoulder approachable personality could be the difference between Rafa doing well and completely losing the dressing room.

In short im hoping we keep him on.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they think we will be happy if Zenden comes in ,,,,it shows how little they understand us ....or they just dont give a fuck what we think

By all accounts, he's an intelligent guy. He worked under Benitez at Liverpool, played a few seasons at the Bridge and will know a couple of the senior players and backroom guys.....

and he also played will Guardiola at Barcelona. I have no idea if this was Benitez's idea or the board trying to get a guy who ticked a few boxes, but I'm interested to see how he does.

Sad if Eddie does go. One of the original Blues Brothers with Frank and a real Chelsea lad.

If they think we will be happy if Zenden comes in ,,,,it shows how little they understand us ....or they just dont give a fuck what we think

Exactly. They think any old player coming in will appease us. What next? Bogarde as technical director?

The club has officially lost it.

By all accounts, he's an intelligent guy. He worked under Benitez at Liverpool, played a few seasons at the Bridge and will know a couple of the senior players and backroom guys.....

and he also played will Guardiola at Barcelona. I have no idea if this was Benitez's idea or the board trying to get a guy who ticked a few boxes, but I'm interested to see how he does.

Sad if Eddie does go. One of the original Blues Brothers with Frank and a real Chelsea lad.

I think what Ron was saying is that Zenden is not exactly a fan favorite so fans can forget about sacking Roberto.

I think what Ron was saying is that Zenden is not exactly a fan favorite so fans can forget about sacking Roberto.

I wouldn't for a moment pretend he is a fan favourite. Personally, I liked him as a player but I think the most memorable thing about him was his missus.

But looking at him purely as a CV, he knows our club (a little bit), he knows Rafa and he knows the guy that our owner wants to bring in next year. Purely as a facilitator for transition (or some other management bs), he makes a bit of sense.

Personally I'd have gone for Marcel Desailly, but I think I'd be hoping he'd play in defence at some point.

I wouldn't for a moment pretend he is a fan favourite. Personally, I liked him as a player but I think the most memorable thing about him was his missus.

But looking at him purely as a CV, he knows our club (a little bit), he knows Rafa and he knows the guy that our owner wants to bring in next year. Purely as a facilitator for transition (or some other management bs), he makes a bit of sense.

Personally I'd have gone for Marcel Desailly, but I think I'd be hoping he'd play in defence at some point.

I agree that he does sound like a good appointment. 'm just a little sad to see Eddie, a true blue, go as well.