Lets look at our upcoming Schedule:

West Brom v Chelsea Sat 17 Nov

Juventus v Chelsea Tue 20 Nov

Chelsea v Man City Sun 25 Nov

Chelsea v Fulham Wed 28 Nov

West Ham v Chelsea Sat 1 Dec

Chelsea v FC Nordsjaelland Wed 5 Dec

Sunderland v Chelsea Sat 8 Dec

Two matches in the CWC in Japan between the Sunderland and Leeds matches...

Leeds United v Chelsea Wed 19 Dec

Chelsea v Aston Villa Sun 23 Dec

Norwich v Chelsea Wed 26 Dec

Everton v Chelsea Sun 30 Dec

Chelsea v QPR Wed 2 Jan

That's will probably be 14 matches in around 40 days!

We have to rest players against westbrom, fulham, FC Nordsjaelland, world club matches, and leeds... Wow I don't know how our tender attacking midfield trio can survive a burnout without rotation.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if RDM is in charge of loan policy. Also, I don't get the criticisms of his subs. He has very limited choice in what he can do and usually makes the right choice (If we're down, bring on an attacking player, if we're up, bring on a defending player). Sure, it's conservative, but I don't think it's poor at all.

The only thing I criticize him with when it comes to substitutions is the timing. He should use them around the 60 min. mark, instead of 75-80.

I don't know if RDM is in charge of loan policy. Also, I don't get the criticisms of his subs. He has very limited choice in what he can do and usually makes the right choice (If we're down, bring on an attacking player, if we're up, bring on a defending player). Sure, it's conservative, but I don't think it's poor at all.

A Manager must have influence in the Loan process - so he should have been responsible for defining what was required. My personal opinion is this is again RDM's naiveness when it comes to Team Management - this will improve, so I won't slate him too much. I just don't think a more experienced Manager would have made this same mistake, especially considering our fixture schedule. Loans if required could have been made POST January, once the congestion had eased somewhat...

The tactical 'nouse' around the changes is poor, either way too late or the wrong personnel. Why bring on a defender with a slim 1-0 lead, we need to be creating more chances to get the 2nd goal (Liverpool game, most recent)...

Also - he refuses to significantly bench Torres and would rather sacrifice Oscar - that is pathetic, as soon as Oscar left the pitch Liverpool scored - coincidence?

So - like I say - his tactics are poor - but he is an amateur manager, making his mistakes in public - I just want him to learn quickly and not keep repeating them. As I have also said a million times - he has no Plan B - and our defence is shocking under his guidance. The same problems existed at WBA - go watch some highlights or speak to Baggies fan's... So it seems RDM has to improve and improve quickly before the knives at HQ are sharpened and he gets the phonecall we all dread...

Excellent post Las7.

However, one thing has to be mentioned - next season we've got KDB, McEachran and Chalobah back - they will all get minutes hopefully.

Marin hasn't been used yet due to his injury problems, and I feel Moses has been under utilised as well along with Sturridge (who has also been injured himself).

We also have Kakuta, Essien and Benayoun returning as squad players potentially (although it is likely they'll be sold, and I would've personally kept Kakuta or Benayoun this season as they might've been helpful) so I think our squad for next season will certainly be lot stronger! Haven't even mentioned the likes of Lukaku and Bruma also coming back... We've got a deep squad I'd say but we've loaned half of them out(and for good reasons)!

Excellent post Las7.

However, one thing has to be mentioned - next season we've got KDB, McEachran and Chalobah back - they will all get minutes hopefully.

Marin hasn't been used yet due to his injury problems, and I feel Moses has been under utilised as well along with Sturridge (who has also been injured himself).

We also have Kakuta, Essien and Benayoun returning as squad players potentially (although it is likely they'll be sold, and I would've personally kept Kakuta or Benayoun this season as they might've been helpful) so I think our squad for next season will certainly be lot stronger! Haven't even mentioned the likes of Lukaku and Bruma also coming back... We've got a deep squad I'd say but we've loaned half of them out(and for good reasons)!

I never understood the Benayoun signing. We pay like 5 million, play him in like 5 games and then loan him out to a rival London club for the rest of the season (we actually strengthened Arsenal's squad depth by loaning Yossi to them). And then this season, we loan him out to West Ham.

Hopefully Essien does come back and stay at Chelsea. He'll add depth to our DM/CM positions as well as extra cover at RB/LB in case of emergency.

Kakuta just seems better suited for a mid table club, as in, somewhere he'll be able to "express himself" without too much pressure.

Your right about KDB, can't wait to see him play for Chelsea.

For CWC, we shoud play strongest team, even Barca did so last year. Its only two games and tempo is different than in CL or PL.

I realise that Cwc is not important cup, but its fucking PRESTIGIOUS and I want us to win it.

Rest them for leedsgame then...

I really do believe the board need to swallow their pride and get on their knees to Malouda.

To think Meireles, Essien and Benayoun would have come in really handy this season.

Why would they do that? Dumping Malouda was a step in the right direction for Chelsea's new system and youthful talents.

Lets look at our upcoming Schedule:

West Brom v Chelsea Sat 17 Nov

Juventus v Chelsea Tue 20 Nov

Chelsea v Man City Sun 25 Nov

Chelsea v Fulham Wed 28 Nov

West Ham v Chelsea Sat 1 Dec

Chelsea v FC Nordsjaelland Wed 5 Dec

Sunderland v Chelsea Sat 8 Dec

Two matches in the CWC in Japan between the Sunderland and Leeds matches...

Leeds United v Chelsea Wed 19 Dec

Chelsea v Aston Villa Sun 23 Dec

Norwich v Chelsea Wed 26 Dec

Everton v Chelsea Sun 30 Dec

Chelsea v QPR Wed 2 Jan

That's will probably be 14 matches in around 40 days!

Even though the schedule is a bitch for the players, I will be happy to see a Chelsea game every 3 days without pesky breaks :)

Why would they do that? Dumping Malouda was a step in the right direction for Chelsea's new system and youthful talents.

After the mess of Carlo's second season, i never want to see us throw away experience for unproven youth ever again.

We HAVE to start using Marin and Moses more, starting this weekend! Start them both.

If we do that we will lose and dra a lot more. Our squad lacks depth, quality and experience. I bet next summer the club will spend extra cash on 15 to 21 years old players.

Tonight was Moses's third start I believe

Sturridge's second game playing from the start

Romeu's 3rd game.

In the end none of I think they weren't awful, but they were obviously lacking match practice.

On the other hand you have Luiz and Cahill playing every week and somehow always find a way to gift our opposition a goal.

I think Romeu played well, but I understand RdM brining him off we needed a win. If we had a favorable result he might have played even longer. Moses I though was playing really well in the first half but in the second half he went off the boil.

Sturridge's finishing is the only thing which is lacking.

When they play a bit more they might be able to show a lot more than we saw today - match practice does wonders.

Good thing is Benitez will rotate a lot more. I'm finding more and more positives from the Benitez appointment.

This is true, but from reports I don't think RdM was given any opportunity to rotate - Torres especially