Chelsea lodge complaint about Clattenberg

bababoom

Our club launched the complaint too quickly, I mean wasn't it within an hour after the game ended? How certain and thorough can you be in an hour?

Yeah, they will say there is not enough evidence, and throw the complaint out then we will come across as the bad guys for accusing the manager of inappropriate language just because we lost a game.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they will say there is not enough evidence, and throw the complaint out then we will come across as the bad guys for accusing the manager of inappropriate language just because we lost a game.

We will be called sore losers no doubt.

Our club launched the complaint too quickly, I mean wasn't it within an hour after the game ended? How certain and thorough can you be in an hour?

Totally disagree w/ you two. First of all the allegations have called in question a ref that made some bad decisions. If he was so innocent, then he would be working matches now. He is not at the moment. Since there might be truth in the allegations, he has to sit. At least that makes me feel good that there is some justice & some investigation in this man. Also CFC need to make sure that our players are taken care of. If players makes an allegation like this, you don't sit idle. You need to be proactive in resolving issues like this.

Totally disagree w/ you two. First of all the allegations have called in question a ref that made some bad decisions. If he was so innocent, then he would be working matches now. He is not at the moment. Since there might be truth in the allegations, he has to sit. At least that makes me feel good that there is some justice & some investigation in this man. Also CFC need to make sure that our players are taken care of. If players makes an allegation like this, you don't sit idle. You need to be proactive in resolving issues like this.

Yeah i see your point and i hope you are right, its just that things have a habbit of swinging round and hitting us in the face...

Yeah i see your point and i hope you are right, its just that things have a habbit of swinging round and hitting us in the face...

Also the club didn't officially make a complaint to the FA on the evening that the game was played, they said something to the match delegate and then got in their own lawyers to investigate into the case so they could see whether or not there was enough evidence to take an official complaint to the FA. So that would tend to suggest that there is at least something there for them to back up the players claims.

Also the club didn't officially make a complaint to the FA on the evening that the game was played, they said something to the match delegate and then got in their own lawyers to investigate into the case so they could see whether or not there was enough evidence to take an official complaint to the FA. So that would tend to suggest that there is at least something there for them to back up the players claims.

Oh, didn't know that, thanks for clearing that out.

According to a respected former teacher at a Surrey school who contacted the Express yesterday, it could all have come about because of a misunderstanding by Chelsea’s key witness, Brazilian midfielder Ramires. Glyn Atherton, former head of languages at Fullbrook School, said: “It could be that Portuguese-speaking Ramires and Spaniard Juan Mata heard Clattenburg saying to Mikel, ‘Shut up you moaner’.

“The Portuguese and Spanish for monkey is ‘mono’, which can sound very much like ‘moaner’ when said in a North-east accent.”

Atherton has sent his theory into the FA, and a spokesman said: “We have forwarded all relevant information to the inquiry.”

Only one problem though. The world "mono"is very, very uncommon in portuguese. I even did not know it existed (I had to look in the dictionary) before your post. I highly doubt knew it (but he might). We actually use other terms suchs as "macaco", "primata", etc.

There is also the factor that why would Mata and Ramires think Clattenberg decided to speak in Portuguese or Spanish?

I might get slated for this but if Mikel gets found to be making false racist claims then he should get just as heavy a ban if not heavier than a player who made racist comments. Accusing somebody of racism is just as bad as racism itself in my opinion because of the potential consequences that it could have on the accused person. John Terry was found to be innocent when a proper investigation was carried out but look at the slating he still gets from opposition fans. Even if you are found innocent it is such a serious allegation made against you that it is hard to shake off. Suppose Clattenburg was wrongly found guilty of making racist comments. I know he was a twat during the game but that would ruin his current career, which he has worked hard in for many years and probably potential future jobs. If Mikel has 'played the race card' as it were due to his frustration then it is a very serious issue. To be honest I am 100% certain that Clattenburg did not use racist language because I doubt anyone refereeing such a high profile game at a time when racism is such a talked about issue in football would be so stupid to do so. If he genuinely used racist language then why did Mikel not react more angrily at the time? If I was racially abused I wouldn't just talk back at the referee like that I am sure I would be shouting at him and telling other players etc. It is a stupidly weak case that the club has because like the Suarez and Evra case it is simply 'your word against ours'. Somebody is going to end up in some serious trouble and I seriously doubt it will be Clattenburg.

I might get slated for this but if Mikel gets found to be making false racist claims then he should get just as heavy a ban if not heavier than a player who made racist comments. Accusing somebody of racism is just as bad as racism itself in my opinion because of the potential consequences that it could have on the accused person. John Terry was found to be innocent when a proper investigation was carried out but look at the slating he still gets from opposition fans. Even if you are found innocent it is such a serious allegation made against you that it is hard to shake off. Suppose Clattenburg was wrongly found guilty of making racist comments. I know he was a twat during the game but that would ruin his current career, which he has worked hard in for many years and probably potential future jobs. If Mikel has 'played the race card' as it were due to his frustration then it is a very serious issue. To be honest I am 100% certain that Clattenburg did not use racist language because I doubt anyone refereeing such a high profile game at a time when racism is such a talked about issue in football would be so stupid to do so. If he genuinely used racist language then why did Mikel not react more angrily at the time? If I was racially abused I wouldn't just talk back at the referee like that I am sure I would be shouting at him and telling other players etc. It is a stupidly weak case that the club has because like the Suarez and Evra case it is simply 'your word against ours'. Somebody is going to end up in some serious trouble and I seriously doubt it will be Clattenburg.

Mikel wasn't the one who heard the alleged comments. How could he make any false claims about hearing something he admits he didn't hear?

What are you talking about? You feel most sure and confident when your emotions are running high. Doubts start crawling in once you settle and give yourself time to think. You don't want the club to think about all the major decisions it makes so it never makes any decision, do you? It's sort of like when you're drunk and you feel like having sex with this girl. She might have STD's, she might be fugly, she might get pregnant. But you don't think about stuff like that. No. You just do it like a man. And if you happen to get chlamydia, you don't really like her, and/or she gets pregnant, you deal with the consequences like a man. Your dick burns every time you take a piss? Good. Adds a little more spice to your otherwise monotonous daily life. Stuck with a girl you don't really like for the rest of your life? Marvelous! Now, you have a permanent and free people-skills tutor. And of course, babies are cute. See how everything turns out nicely? There's no way this will turn out badly for us. If it seems to, we can always look on the bright side and make it turn out nicely. Like say, we'll get more media coverage. They won't be saying nice things about us, but that's fine. Being on the news is a nice thing. I've always wanted to be on the news. I'd literally kill to be on TV, and that really should get me on it. What else... Ah, you'll have more things to talk about with other people. That's a good thing. Talking with people is a good thing. In fact, a lot of people will want to come here to talk about it, causing the forum to explode. Then, you can concentrate on other things, like singing, perhaps.

What are you talking about? You feel most sure and confident when your emotions are running high. Doubts start crawling in once you settle and give yourself time to think. You don't want the club to think about all the major decisions it makes so it never makes any decision, do you? It's sort of like when you're drunk and you feel like having sex with this girl. She might have STD's, she might be fugly, she might get pregnant. But you don't think about stuff like that. No. You just do it like a man. And if you happen to get chlamydia, you don't really like her, and/or she gets pregnant, you deal with the consequences like a man. Your dick burns every time you take a piss? Good. Adds a little more spice to your otherwise monotonous daily life. Stuck with a girl you don't really like for the rest of your life? Marvelous! Now, you have a permanent and free people-skills tutor. And of course, babies are cute. See how everything turns out nicely? There's no way this will turn out badly for us. If it seems to, we can always look on the bright side and make it turn out nicely. Like say, we'll get more media coverage. They won't be saying nice things about us, but that's fine. Being on the news is a nice thing. I've always wanted to be on the news. I'd literally kill to be on TV, and that really should get me on it. What else... Ah, you'll have more things to talk about with other people. That's a good thing. Talking with people is a good thing. In fact, a lot of people will want to come here to talk about it, causing the forum to explode. Then, you can concentrate on other things, like singing, perhaps.

Lol great post.

I was always a believer of there's no bad publicity until the Jimmy Saville story broke, now I'm not so sure ;)

Whatever happens, we followed the letter of the rules and cannot be punished for doing that.

It's the ridiculous media outcry that is causing a problem here. As usual the gutter press in Sport, need a competing story to the Saville case and decided this would be it...

If a 3rd party independent law firm believes there is a case, then I'm happy - that alone demonstrates impartiality - which again further backs my non-punishment argument.

It will never address the lack of respect between players and referees!

I really admire Rugby referees - all mic'd up and clearly explain their decisions to the players - none of this I'm too important to be spoken to bollocks... They also rely on video tech - telling me rugby is slower than football? No chance and so much more going on.

Blatter and that French cunt need to get with the 21st century!!!

Laughed so hard at that bit haha