• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Mikel-Lampard

Moses-Hazard-Bertrand

Torres

Yup, I think that is the most likely lineup we'll see tomorrow. Sturidge and Oscar to come on in the second half so Hazard and Torres are rested before Juve.

It's still a problem regardless. Until someone puts an end to this, it will always gonna be an issue whenever we face QPR. :doh:

I reckon the FA should come out and say whoever does refuses to shake an opposition player's hand will not be allowed to play.

I reckon the FA should come out and say whoever does refuses to shake an opposition player's hand will not be allowed to play.

We wish. They are more concerned with making Terry's life as miserable as possible than anything else.

Just do away with the handshake altogether. It's meaningless - players will do and say what they want to say whether they've shaken hands before the game or not. The only time anyone pays any attention to this charade is when incidents like Terry-Bridge/Ferdinand and Suarez-Evra happen, which just goes to show that it is ignored when there's no controversy in the background. Of course the FA won't do it, as it happens the pre-game advert break lasts as long as this little ceremony.

Just do away with the handshake altogether. It's meaningless - players will do and say what they want to say whether they've shaken hands before the game or not. The only time anyone pays any attention to this charade is when incidents like Terry-Bridge/Ferdinand and Suarez-Evra happen, which just goes to show that it is ignored when there's no controversy in the background. Of course the FA won't do it, as it happens the pre-game advert break lasts as long as this little ceremony.

I actually think the handshakes are somewhat important. Firstly, they're a reminder that football is a sport and after all it's just a game. It's also a sign of respect to the opponent, albeit one that is just on the surface, but I believe it is important to what message the game sends out especially to all the kids around the world who watch the EPL and idolize the players.

I actually think the handshakes are somewhat important. Firstly, they're a reminder that football is a sport and after all it's just a game. It's also a sign of respect to the opponent, albeit one that is just on the surface, but I believe it is important to what message the game sends out especially to all the kids around the world who watch the EPL and idolize the players.

Agree to disagree then.

If Anton doesn't shake his hand tomorrow it will be a joke. He's been found innocent in a court of law so no excuse whatsoever not to. Same goes for Rio. Part of me hopes he dosen't though or i'll feel a wee bit guilty for all the abuse im going to give him tommorow.

I'll be pissed off if we don't win tomorrow. We destroyed them with 9 men last season and should of won and then gave them a beating at the Bridge. We even beat them in the cup when Avb was destroying the team. Don't care if it's a big or small win, just want the 3 points and bragging rights over these cunts.

I'd like to see:

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole

Romeu Mikel

Moses Oscar Hazard

Torres

If Anton doesn't shake his hand tomorrow it will be a joke. He's been found innocent in a court of law so no excuse whatsoever not to. Same goes for Rio. Part of me hopes he dosen't though or i'll feel a wee bit guilty for all the abuse im going to give him tommorow.

Just said on R 5 Ferdinad is not going to shake his hand. Needs to get over himself

Just said on R 5 Ferdinad is not going to shake his hand. Needs to get over himself

Well i just genuinely don't think its acceptable behavior. If he had been found guilty i would have honestly understood. I don't think people like Bridge and Ferdinand understand the respect they would get if they were seen to rise above alleged wrongdoing but they'r clearly not intelligent enough to do so... the best thing we can do tommorow is teach him a footballing lesson.