Victor Moses

Superblue

I like Moses but Willian has 10x more natural talent than Moses, even if Willian isn't really worth £30m, and I was also one of those that said he was a very unnecessary signing.

The only thing willian is better at than Moses is dwelling on the ball,slowing it down unnecessarily and killing our attacking momentum. That he's 10x better than Moses at,world class even.

Oscar? You guys watch football from one end of the pitch, Oscar works hard for the team and what he lacks in high end quality on the ball he more than makes up for in work rate and defensive acumen. Not everyone on the team has to be brilliant on the ball.

Anyway back to Moses...

He can learn a thing or two from Oscar.

Except it doesn't more than make up for it. Oscar should be brilliant on the ball, and he's shown flashes of that but he contributed very little in an attacking sense from January onwards.

You might as well just stick Ramires in there.

To be honest though, our number 10 does have to be more incisive or 'brilliant' if you will in the final third. His work rate and defensive acumen are great traits but he does need to show more quality in the final third. I'm not happy with his productivity in the final third, and I'm pretty sure he knows he can do better. In the number 10 role you need to be productive in the final third. It's a necessity IMO.

He can do better and I expect the 22 yr old to improve as well! He's played well in patches, much like Hazard to be honest... He works extremely hard for the team and in the end that takes away from his quality going forward.

Except it doesn't more than make up for it. Oscar should be brilliant on the ball, and he's shown flashes of that but he contributed very little in an attacking sense from January onwards.

I realize that but no one was saying anything close to this at any point in 12-13 or the first half of last season when he singlehandedly carried the team. He had a bad spell and looked tired, I don't think that should be overlooked or understated Jose demands a lot from his players and Oscar probably wasn't in the best shape to cope. And yes his work rate for the team does make up the the lack of elite technical ability, when you can find another no.10 that works as hard as him to win the ball and initiate counters then we can talk.

The only thing willian is better at than Moses is dwelling on the ball,slowing it down unnecessarily and killing our attacking momentum. That he's 10x better than Moses at,world class even.

Willian's general technique, close control etc. is miles better than Victor's hence why I said his natural talent is far better than Moses'.

I agree that he does need to be far more productive in the final third, but that doesn't mean he isn't a better footballer than Moses.

Yeah, and one must hope that now the team is a little more balanced that he can provide more in the final third. He's young but he still needs to do a lot, lot better.

Oscar? You guys watch football from one end of the pitch, Oscar works hard for the team and what he lacks in high end quality on the ball he more than makes up for in work rate and defensive acumen. Not everyone on the team has to be brilliant on the ball.

Anyway back to Moses...

He can learn a thing or two from Oscar.

Hard work isn't enough to be a no.10 at this level mate. He needs to have flair and imagination like Hazard. I honestly think it would be better if we shift Hazard to the middle and have two proper wingers next to him.

Just sell him already, he has no role in our team anymore. Why even keep him?

As a 6th AM maybe? To play against minnow sides? He's HG so when it comes to squad space he won't really cost us anything. He can certainly be pretty useful for us.

Just sell him already, he has no role in our team anymore. Why even keep him?

cos we dont need the money right now but we might very well need it the next season when we go for a big signing (striker/CM).

also his value would be very low right now with a poor season at pool. loaning him and giving him a chance to prove his worth plus increase his value so that we can sell him next year would be the wise move.

I think what people are saying is that there's a world of difference between the best level that Moses could produce to the best level that Willian could produce, which makes it

a ) all the more disappointing that Willian hasn't hit those levels yet and

b ) imperative that Willian reaches those heights now that he's settled and has a year behind him

I realize that but no one was saying anything close to this at any point in 12-13 or the first half of last season when he singlehandedly carried the team. He had a bad spell and looked tired, I don't think that should be overlooked or understated Jose demands a lot from his players and Oscar probably wasn't in the best shape to cope. And yes his work rate for the team does make up the the lack of elite technical ability, when you can find another no.10 that works as hard as him to win the ball and initiate counters then we can talk.

People were saying De Bruyne is better than Oscar, in 2012-13 after he had a bad spell again

People were saying De Bruyne is better than Oscar, in 2012-13 after he had a bad spell again

I still think he is if we are going to be honest.

Oscar is good, when in form, but I think De Bruyne offers better everything outside of work rate.

Hard work isn't enough to be a no.10 at this level mate. He needs to have flair and imagination like Hazard. I honestly think it would be better if we shift Hazard to the middle and have two proper wingers next to him.

hold on... for as 'poor' as Oscar was past February he was still our 2nd highest goal scorer and worked extremely hard in winning the ball back. You guys make it sound like his only contribution to the team is his work rate, he's done a lot for the team and when he isn't scoring goals or assisting he's still making a contribution to the team. When you can find a no.10 who can do that then you may have a leg to stand on. As is, Oscar is important to the team for more reasons than end product. He cost us 23M because he doesn't have world beater ability, he can do a lot for a team given his skill set and fee.

I still think he is if we are going to be honest.

Oscar is good, when in form, but I think De Bruyne offers better everything outside of work rate.

Not me. He's slightly better technically but doesn't seem to possess the engine or desire. He's good, not great.

Come on, Oscar was great in the first 3 months of the season but then it went downhill fast. Seriously he didn't singlehandidly carry us. In the first half of the season(19 pl games) he ended up scoring 5 goals and assisting 1.

Putting that into perspective Hazard,in the same period, scored 8 goals (1 penalty) and 4 assists. So singlehandidly carried us my ass.

He can do better and I expect the 22 yr old to improve as well! He's played well in patches, much like Hazard to be honest... He works extremely hard for the team and in the end that takes away from his quality going forward.

Basically what's already been said, hard work only gets you so far. He needs to contribute to our attack. Whether that's scoring goals, assisting or starting attacks from deep doesn't really matter but he has to contribute in some way to our attack.