Victor Moses

Superblue

Don't forget he is HG, he might surprisingly be in the squad.

He may be HG but there's no point in keeping him if we aren't going to use him especially when he's the sixth choice AM. The main issue with the squad now is settling the non-HG quota.

He may be HG but there's no point in keeping him if we aren't going to use him especially when he's the sixth choice AM. The main issue with the squad now is settling the non-HG quota.

Agree. Just a possibility, Jose has a history making some unexpected decision.

I really feel sorry for Moses. We signed him fresh from Wigan and probably sold him a dream of breaking through and solidifying a place. Martinez and Whelan tried their hardest to convince him to continue developing with Wigan which he would've and instead he was blinded. Willian, Schurrle and Salah have thus been signed and it's clear he's got no first team future with us. It's a shame tbh.

It's a modern football problem with some teams having too much money and talent. We just buy up any player that interests us. Maybe Moses could develop into a great player. Unlikely, but he could become a very good player and he's talented enough to play regularly on a mid-table side instead of rotting on our bench.

Very poetic :lol: but it was probably the money that swayed him.

Certainly the Dream has something to do with it. Everybody is saying, When they become a Chelsea plyer, that they dreamed about it all theyre lives for that momnet to became true! :lol:

It's a modern football problem with some teams having too much money and talent. We just buy up any player that interests us. Maybe Moses could develop into a great player. Unlikely, but he could become a very good player and he's talented enough to play regularly on a mid-table side instead of rotting on our bench.

Of course. it's just a shame, he did have potential, but I'm sure everyone knew from the off he wasn't destined for us. it's just a shame he didn't see that.

Very poetic :lol: but it was probably the money that swayed him.

Certainly the Dream has something to do with it. Everybody is saying, When they become a Chelsea plyer, that they dreamed about it all theyre lives for that momnet to became true! :lol:

Indeed LeChels_, what TheIceMan says is what I meant. I firmly believe Moses tried his hardest to break through the competition but we simply signed players that were better than him. We wasted his time if I'm honest.

Is salah really better than moses though?

i would say probably not. neither has an acceptable end product, but moses has power, so at least he can consistently beat a defender.

i was surprised he was loaned, had a good preseason last year.

although , if salah can perform like he did vs spurs (for basel), he will be seriously dangerous. right now, salah probably needs a loan more than moses.

Is salah really better than moses though?

well the question should be who satisfy jose requirements, moses not consider as new addition he just a copy of some players who are already better, u have willian shurrle hazard and oscar better, salah physically different because he the only one left footed which make his specific at RW even if some of other AMs play both foot still he more specific, beside his ridiculous pace which again not present with other ams which agree with jose plans specially with counter attack

i would say probably not. neither has an acceptable end product, but moses has power, so at least he can consistently beat a defender.

i was surprised he was loaned, had a good preseason last year.

although , if salah can perform like he did vs spurs (for basel), he will be seriously dangerous. right now, salah probably needs a loan more than moses.

u kidding? salah cant beat defender?!... his pace only enough to beat many defenders

yes , but he needs space to run into, not always given to us. moses can outmuscle some opponents.

well i didnt c him lose his ball much unless he did poor pass and he earn free kicks easly if it come to muscles....moses not bad he has good quality but as i said hr just a copy of some other qualities we have , jose signed salah to do stuff like he did against arsenal the perfect counter attack beside he need left footed player scince no one else was left footed

I don't rate Victor Moses at all.

And while one might argue that coming here detracted his development, if he was really that good he would have stayed and shone. We weren't filled with AMs when we signed him and the fact he never consolidated his position is only a consequence of his (lack of) quality as a player. His competition were Hazard and Oscar going through a transition to English football and injured (and even worse quality wise) Marko Marin.

Mata was the indisputable #10 and Hazard consolidated his position in the very first matches, but then went a long streak (from October to the end of January) struggling a lot.

I don't know if he's better or worse than Salah but I don't think it's fair to compare them either. Salah was in Switzerland and is one and half year younger (although I don't see a high ceiling for him either, he's useful, he offers something different, but at the same time he's nothing special imo).

I also don't see a point at all of keeping Moses here... HG or not.