Victor Moses

Superblue

What the hell are you talking about? He was not bad at all yesterday, actually, he had a better game than the likes of Hazard and Costa. Can't understand the criticism he is given, maybe he is not the best player in the world but his work rate and desire are sublime, and even though he cost us against Spurs as some of you mentioned (maybe the only game he actually costed us points), don't forget who scored the winning goal against them at the bridge and who is responsible for so many good results this season.

I really like Moses, it's players like him, Alonso, Azpilicueta and Kante we should be thanking for this season, the engines of the team, the ones who are not equipped with the best technical attributes, but make this formation possible for us to play.

I can say another thing - don't think he is going to be substituted that quickly next season also. I don't know many players who can come in this side and offer something superior to what he has shown this season.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Absolutely true. Unfortunately this is not news to any of us. I challenge everyone, myself most of all, to remain upbeat. If Victor only plays because no one else is better, then that is not his fault.

We can't pretend that we don't see what we see, and if we see it then of course we will talk about it. Somewhere in there however, we have to keep our heads up. Let's maintain some positivity, especially in the stadium, and try to help the lads finish what they've started.

I am the most pessimistic Chelsea fan imaginable. If you happen to find yourself feeling more grumpy than me then you're in trouble, I promise you. :-) 

I think Moses is a decent squad player but didn't think he would be getting so much minutes this season , hopefully with a new wb or 2 next season we might see Moses as more of a squad player  and maybe also used as winger/impact player more.

• 2 weeks later...

Deserved. He's put a hell of a shift in week in and week out. I know his end product sometimes isn't the best but in terms of general performance he has far exceeded expectations and has clearly worked his ass off.

On 19/02/2017 at 9:46 AM, mccg said:

I think Moses is a decent squad player but didn't think he would be getting so much minutes this season , hopefully with a new wb or 2 next season we might see Moses as more of a squad player  and maybe also used as winger/impact player more.

Nor did I and neither, I think, did Antonio who admitted to having tried hard to persuade Juan Cuadrado to stay; presumably to play RWB.

I agree with you that the ideal outcome would be for us to sign an elite RWB and persuade Victor to stay on as a squad player covering the whole right flank. I think enough clubs have tried Victor as a right side attacker, and passed on him, for his chances in that role to be fairly limited at Premier League level. That said, because of what we've done so far, and what we might go on to do, 3-4-3 might become more popular and perhaps Premier League bosses will be tempted to give Victor an escape route if he looses his starting place here. I hope it doesn't go that way, but it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/779689/Chelsea-injury-news-Victor-Moses

According to a source in Nigeria, Moses out for 3 weeks with a calf injury.

Azpilicueta at RWB and Zouma at the back? Doubt Aké is going to play all of a sudden.

3 hours ago, DYC. said:

Azpilicueta at RWB and Zouma at the back? Doubt Aké is going to play all of a sudden.

Zouma at the back? God, I hope not. Having Cahill and Zouma in the back 3 will hurt our buildup from the back. And speaking of Ake, WTH has happened to him? Has hardly been in the matchday squad, never mind not playing!

Agree with @Jason  as above, I don't think Zouma should come into the starting XI.

We've been very very fortunate that we haven't suffered an injury to Moses or Alonso earlier in the season. Atleast next weekend is International Break so he's only missing 2 match-days. 

Think it should be Willian at RWB. Or, shift Azpi to RWB and play Ake at LCB, with Cahill moving over to RCB. 

Willian hasn't played RWB before so I doubt it. It's more likely that Pedro will play there, but I think Zouma will be replacing him and Azpi moves to RWB. Not ideal but we have to make do with what we got.

• 2 weeks later...