César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

An agreement has been reached last night around midnight, Labrune and Anigo went to London yesterday evening. Azpilicueta will sign tomorrow for 5 years.

Our first offer was 4m€+3m€ various bonuses and was rejected, the second offer was accepted

http://www.laprovence.com/article/om-a-la-une/mercato-accord-om-chelsea-pour-azpilicueta

Is he really that good? Genuine question.

Hes meant to be a solid defender, similar to Ivanovic but with a wee bit more pace. Can get up and attack but doesn't too often. Seen someone compare him to Paulo Ferreira of years ago in terms of playing style.

Hes meant to be a solid defender, similar to Ivanovic but with a wee bit more pace. Can get up and attack but doesn't too often. Seen someone compare him to Paulo Ferreira of years ago in terms of playing style.

How come he is not even a starter for Spain's Olympics team if he is as good as people claimed in this forum? Again, not trolling, genuine question because I have never watched his matches.

How come he is not even a starter for Spain's Olympics team if he is as good as people claimed in this forum? Again, not trolling, genuine question because I have never watched his matches.

I said something about that before as well.

I watched 60 minutes of one of the games he played at the Olympics. He wasn't very consistent but neither was the whole Spanish team, he did something good then did something bad.. but I suppose the older and more experienced you get you seem to find a level of consistency. Still if he is as good as what people seem to rate him on here, 6-7 million could be a bargain.

Apparently, Vincent Labrune said that:

"That's non-sense. I don't know who said this but it's totally false. It's probably an agent who has an interest. If we had concretise all the rumours since the opening of transfers' window, we would have a funny team, isn't it? (laugh)

Last friday, Chelsea came with a €4m bid, as everybody knows. We answered that it is not a bid. That's all right now. Maybe they think put about a rumor about €8m will make things move forward, but nothing so far"

The translation is not perfect, but the main idea is here.

It doesn't explain why Azpi is not with the team for Europa League.

But we all know that in football, even if it's not but not official, the board always says "that's bull**** there is absolutely nothing".

And 1 hour later, the player has signed.

I said something about that before as well.

I watched 60 minutes of one of the games he played. He wasn't very consistent, did something good then did something bad.. but I suppose the older and more experienced you get you seem to find a level of consistency. Still if he is as good as what people seem to rate him on here, 6-7 million could be a bargain.

Is it fair to say we are signing him for his potential more than current ability? And Brana will still be our first choice of RB?

Is it fair to say we are signing him for his potential more than current ability? And Brana will still be our first choice of RB?

Seems it but surely he must be able to offer something if Branna gets an injury or something or it would be a pointless signing imo.

He must already be at a pretty good level - playing for Marseille, champions league experience, on fringes of national team, etc.

I do however think Brana will play RB in the big games this season.

Is he really that good? Genuine question.

These two links may give you a better idea.

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/d1blnqgdt0-d_mgvgj03-g/Show/WhoScored-Scout-Cazorla-Azpilicueta-Michu

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/25931/

Also want to point out that he does possess a good long throw ability.

He must already be at a pretty good level - playing for Marseille, champions league experience, on fringes of national team, etc.

I do however think Brana will play RB in the big games this season.

Well, if Azpilicueta can show his worth and perform well, then it's a coin toss really between him and Ivanovic. The latter have at times not performed well in the big games mind you.

Well, if Azpilicueta can show his worth and perform well, then it's a coin toss really between him and Ivanovic. The latter have at times not performed well in the big games mind you.

Agreed but i think robbie is likely to trust brana a bit more at first due to his experience. Similar to cole over bertrand.

He wouldn't hesitate to play them in big games but will favour experience to begin with if all are available.

However agree that if Azpi performs it gives robbie a nice decision to make.

Well as it s said above by CRonaldo, Azpi is still in France as long as you don t show us the money :angry: . I think the agent in charge on this bid is trying to get at the price low as much as possible. This is just ridiculous when you know you are unlimited budget (or likely)

Azpi is a genuine good one, shame most of you guys don t trust his skills and potential. Oh but wait, you are Chelsea, spoiled fan :halo:

He s not in the squad but the President is still waiting for the money, 10m€ or buy another one :getin: