Ligue Un Discussion Thread

BlueLion.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/07/helena-costa-clermont-foot-manager?CMP=twt_gu

Some club in Ligue2 has just hired a woman as their manager. Will be interesting to see how she does.

Well, that certainly takes the whole 'Eva should be allowed in the showers' argument we had in the gay footballers thread to another level.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/07/helena-costa-clermont-foot-manager?CMP=twt_gu

Some club in Ligue2 has just hired a woman as their manager. Will be interesting to see how she does.

They''re calling her the 'Mourinho in skirts' lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Monaco losing 4-1 to Bordeaux, and lost their opener against Lorient too..

Interesting how their investment has dried up, where has all the money gone?, James wasn't replaced.. FFP put the brakes on the whole project.

Didn't replace James, or even get anyone with the money they got from him. Their owner was also ordered to pay his ex wife $2.4billion or so. Oh well.

Monaco losing 4-1 to Bordeaux, and lost their opener against Lorient too..

Interesting how their investment has dried up, where has all the money gone?, James wasn't replaced.. FFP put the brakes on the whole project.

No, it's not because the FFP. That Russian owner has stepped back because he lost half of his fortune in his divorce. Now he has to pay something like two and a half, or three billion pounds to his wife.

Also there was some problems with the French Government, or with the Monaco authorities, something like that.

No, it's not because the FFP. That Russian owner has stepped back because he lost half of his fortune in his divorce. Now he has to pay something like two and a half, or three billion pounds to his wife.

Also there was some problems with the French Government, or with the Monaco authorities, something like that.

Yea, I read about the tax push but there is nothing the french league can do about Monaco FC being in Monaco. Regardless of whether it's a tax haven or not, what are they gonna do.. move?, it wouldn't be Monaco FC if they did.

I guess you should never get married, or if you do.. get a prenup.

• 2 months later...

Cavani was booked for a sniper celebration last night against Lens and then sent off for arguing to the ref about it.

I'm all for kicking 'violent' celebrations out, but that's not for the ref to decide, is it?

Though I can see why he didn't see it as a normal celebration. First it was after he was done celebrating with his teammates and it also wasn't a 'happy celebration' like Keane's for example. Looked a bit angry and sinister.

Opinions?

Cavani was booked for a sniper celebration last night against Lens and then sent off for arguing to the ref about it.

I'm all for kicking 'violent' celebrations out, but that's not for the ref to decide, is it?

Though I can see why he didn't see it as a normal celebration. First it was after he was done celebrating with his teammates and it also wasn't a 'happy celebration' like Keane's for example. Looked a bit angry and sinister.

Opinions?

i think the refs should ignore any celebrations. and let the FA deal with any problems after.

also stop bookings for taking off shirt , and going near the crowd.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lucky lucky PSG. Why was the penalty retaken? Every penalty on earth sees the GK step forward and/or players encroach. I wonder if the referee would have asked it to have been retaken if Zlatan had have scored the first time?

edit - why even was the penalty given? Soft as fuck.

Edited by Alex

Lucky lucky PSG. Why was the penalty retaken? Every penalty on earth sees the GK step forward and/or players encroach. I wonder if the referee would have asked it to have been retaken if Zlatan had have scored the first time?

edit - why even was the penalty given? Soft as fuck.

Maybe but when you dive in like Fekir did then, you're asking for trouble.