Ligue Un Discussion Thread

BlueLion.

Mental the holiday PSG are on at the moment.

This is what will cost them European dominance though, the fact they can afford to wrap the title up in early March means they're not going to be playing 'competitive' football domestically at all. So when they come across much sharper and direct teams like Real, Barca, Bayern etc they're going receive a shock. A vulnerable defense was exposed at SB, albeit their attack is sharp enough to score. 

They're going to struggle, I hope they get a big shark in the next CL round. Don't doubt the quality of their side, just if lack of competitive action will go against them.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody here boutta watch this Trophee des Champions match of PSG vs O Lyon? 

Gonna be interesting the ideas Unai Emery has for this PSG squad. But unless they sign a top Striker that can compete with Cavani, there's only so far you can go with Cavani as your lead striker (as regards to the Champions League). 

And as for Lyon, I think if they keep everybody, they can at least close the gap on PSG and we may see a title race comparable to the one of two seasons ago. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Adil Rami sacked by Marseille after skipping training to feature on Fort Boyard

https://www.givemesport.com/1496957-adil-rami-sacked-by-marseille-after-skipping-training-to-feature-on-fort-boyard?autoplay=on

Last summer, Adil Rami was part of France’s World Cup-winning squad in Russia.

The defender may not have featured during the tournament but, the fact is, he’s a World Cup winner.

While Rami will never forget the summer of 2018 for all the right reasons, he’ll never forget the summer of 2019 for all the wrong reasons.

On June 25, he was dumped by Baywatch star Pamela Anderson, being branded a “monster” on Instagram.

And now, the 33-year-old has been sacked by Marseille.

According to L’Equipe, Rami has been dismissed by the Ligue 1 club after he skipped training to compete in the TV show Fort Board, where he got involved in a mud-wrestling battle.

The incident occurred on May 20, two days after a win against Toulouse in which Rami was injured.

The Frenchman was due to report to training as usual but instead starred in the game show, Fort Boyard despite still carrying a knock.

At the time, Marseille were unaware of his appearance in the episode. That was until it aired on TV on June 29. The club reacted by telling Rami not to report for pre-season duty.

But now, after consulting with lawyers, the club have found grounds to sack Rami for serious misconduct.

It completes a miserable six weeks for the former Lille, Valencia, Milan and Sevilla man.

He was publicly shamed by Anderson, who he shares twins with, on social media after a two-year relationship.

Anderson posted a black and white picture of them smiling together with a lengthy caption which included: "I’m glad I spoke to his ex. My God. He lied to her about all too. She's also in shock and is very sad.

"I'm devastated to find out in the last few days.

"He used to joke about other players who had girlfriends down the street in apartments close to their wives.

"He called those men monsters... He is the monster."

No girlfriend and no football club in the space of a few weeks.

Ouch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well deserved!

so so would love to see that cunt end up in the cunt bin that is Real Madrid

would be the biggest snake pit ever, ESPECIALLY if they also land Icardi

Cuntois

Ramos

Marcelo

Isco

James

Asensio

Bale

Icardi

all are massive-ego'd poison (although a lot of those may leave son)

plus if RM fucks over Dani Ceballos, he will come back PISSED too

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Duje Caleta-Car should have been 1st team CB with Yunis Abdelhamid, as Marquinhos played at DMF a lot this year

Aouar over Payet for me as well, and that is the only other disagreement

if Yunis Abdelhamid was 25, I would be all over him, but alas, he is 32, Reims were  an amazing defence this year

Predrag Rajkovic is my number one suggestion for GK, along with Ugurcan Cakir

PSG is the most fucked over team due to COVID, I think they would have won the CL finally (Bayern 2nd)

this was their most loaded team in history, zero true weaknesses, insane firepower, di Maria was just a beast this year, Icardi was tracking to 30 goals, and Mbappe, to a Messi peak number, 55-60 goals, 30 plus assists, plus they had Neymar, Cavani, Draxler, Sarabia, and a top 3 in world CMF in Verratti, who had his best season ever IMHO

they could have had SIX players with 20 or more goals, that is just madness, 2 deep in quality players at every position, with SIX good to great CB's

I do not recall a deeper team ever

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Duje Caleta-Car should have been 1st team CB with Yunis Abdelhamid, as Marquinhos played at DMF a lot this year

Aouar over Payet for me as well, and that is the only other disagreement

if Yunis Abdelhamid was 25, I would be all over him, but alas, he is 32, Reims were  an amazing defence this year

Predrag Rajkovic is my number one suggestion for GK, along with Ugurcan Cakir

PSG is the most fucked over team due to COVID, I think they would have won the CL finally (Bayern 2nd)

this was their most loaded team in history, zero true weaknesses, insane firepower, di Maria was just a beast this year, Icardi was tracking to 30 goals, and Mbappe, to a Messi peak number, 55-60 goals, 30 plus assists, plus they had Neymar, Cavani, Draxler, Sarabia, and a top 3 in world CMF in Verratti, who had his best season ever IMHO

they could have had SIX players with 20 or more goals, that is just madness, 2 deep in quality players at every position, with SIX good to great CB's

I do not recall a deeper team ever

Mourinho may get Meunier for free. Which is great for them considering the state of Spurs full backs. 

12 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mourinho may get Meunier for free. Which is great for them considering the state of Spurs full backs. 

Mourinho factor decisive as PSG star ‘won over’ by Tottenham switch

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/mourinho-decisive-psg-meunier-tottenham