Wallace

LDN Blue

I DONT WANT RAFAEL ANYWHERE NEAR COBHAM, he has cost Brazil the Olympics!

Have said that, he is becoming a great player. The thing with Rafael is that he grew around English philosophy of full backs. Wallace on the other hand, was raised in Brazillian school of full backs (aka shitty defensive work).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have said that, he is becoming a great player. The thing with Rafael is that he grew around English philosophy of full backs. Wallace on the other hand, was raised in Brazillian school of full backs (aka shitty defensive work).

Rafael moved to United at 18 and before that he was raised in the exact same club as Wallace so I fail to see your point. Surely if we get him and he makes it at Chelsea we would be saying the same thing about Wallace in four years or so.

Rafael moved to United at 18 and before that he was raised in the exact same club as Wallace so I fail to see your point. Surely if we get him and he makes it at Chelsea we would be saying the same thing about Wallace in four years or so.

Rafael never played in professional football in Brazil, that is the problem. It is harder to fix a defensive work than to teach it for a first time...

I get your point, Wallance can come and have a 2-3 years of a learning period and become a great RB, but this does not leave the fact that a youth player has a better chance to adapt than a professional footballer.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a done deal, £4.4m.

With Azpi's form I'd imagine he'd spend a lot of time on the sidelines and go out on loan next season. Normally you would expect an experienced right back with a young prospect as backup. It seems we've taken a different approach here, as Ivanovic's full back days are long gone.

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce we have agreed terms with Fluminense for the transfer of Wallace in the January window.

As part of the deal, the 18-year-old defender will remain with Fluminense until the end of the season.

An attacking right-back, Wallace Oliveira dos Santos was born on May 1, 1994, and made his senior debut this year at the age of 17.

He has since gone on to appear 18 times in the league for the first team, helping them to the Brazilian league championship, the Rio State League and the Guanabara Cup.

Wallace, an Under-20 international, was part of the Brazil squad that won the South American Under-17 championship last year, and helped his country to a fourth-placed finish at the World Cup in Mexico at the same level, playing alongside Lucas Piazon.

Fluminense is the club that both Deco and Juliano Belletti left Chelsea for in the summer of 2010.

http://www.chelseafc...ace-deal-agreed

Well this came out of the blue..