Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

Maybe, but it's happening to him almost every game. this stupid decisions, stupid fouls, lose control (of the ball and mentally) and go from his position as a central back.

I would actually say he had very good game and that Tevez kicking competition was caused because of result and desperate desire for a win. Tevez was not even angry LOL.

And I rather see this than fault like Terry or Ivanovic did.

He certaintly played like a defender and not like Fifa player, like one very known figure once said.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but it's happening to him almost every game. this stupid decisions, stupid fouls, lose control (of the ball and mentally) and go from his position as a central back.

No, it doesn't. He can be a very disciplined defender at times, and his performances in the Champions League show just that. He's usually not nearly as reckless and stupid as some people make him out to be, and right now, he just needs to be reminded once again to restrain himself.

No, it doesn't. He can be a very disciplined defender at times, and his performances in the Champions League show just that. He's usually not nearly as reckless and stupid as some people make him out to be, and right now, he just needs to be reminded once again to restrain himself.

Yeap.

I would actually say he had very good game and that Tevez kicking competition was caused because of result and desperate desire for a win. Tevez was not even angry LOL.

And I rather see this than fault like Terry or Ivanovic did.

He certaintly played like a defender and not like Fifa player, like one very known figure once said.

G.N?

I like Cahill game more...

Relax. We should beat Wigan.

Of course we should be them. Only question is, will we?

I honestly don't know what to expect. Could turn out ugly if our players play like we all know they're capable of, but a frustrating 1-1 draw or something like that would also be typical.

When he is disciplined, he's excellent, but he still makes so many mistakes. It's not just the stupid tackles or being out of position, it's trying Hollywood passes when he should be playing it short, it's forgetting where he is. If Luiz were 21, I'd think he'd become one of the top defenders in the world, but he's 25. He shouldn't be making these mistakes over and over again. I haven't given up on him because the raw talent is there, but he's incredibly frustrating.

When he is disciplined, he's excellent, but he still makes so many mistakes. It's not just the stupid tackles or being out of position, it's trying Hollywood passes when he should be playing it short, it's forgetting where he is. If Luiz were 21, I'd think he'd become one of the top defenders in the world, but he's 25. He shouldn't be making these mistakes over and over again. I haven't given up on him because the raw talent is there, but he's incredibly frustrating.

I don't think that's a big deal. Luiz is still young and can develop quite a lot mentally, and he will soon learn to be more cautious when passing the ball. I don't think he is far from becoming a world class defender, either. I think his defensive skills are better than those of any other player on the team, and he is definitely one of the quickest centre defenders in the world, which makes him an excellent covering defender. Besides, he is reasonably big and strong, and although he sometimes overdoes it, he is capable of lifting the team up in difficult situations much like how John Terry does it. For me, he has all the right tools to become a world star.

I just want to speak about the refereeing. Yes, on most of the 50-50 challenges, the referee was whistling in favor of Manchester City. Yes, he should have whistled a foul against Savic some seconds before Ivanovic get sent out. It is undeniable that the outcome of the match has been influenced by this red card.

Although, we should quit the moaning like if we were cry babies. At times it's getting embarrassing. Sometimes it goes one way, some other times it goes the other way. We must not to look the other way : while the referee had his share in our defeat, the ones we should blame is us and nobody else. Yes, the game should have been stopped before Ivanovic lost his mind. But what on earth was he thinking to when doing this tackle ?! The referee might have get it wrong 30 second beforehand, even though this doesn't justify by any means what Ivanovic done ! It was a deserved red card every day of the week.

Had his mind stayed sane for those few seconds, I am pretty sure we could have won the game. The serbian takes a big share of the blame. Then comes our defenders and especially our captain. He was at fault on the two first goals : on the first one he made a bad clearance ; on the second one he stood there looking Tevez run past him. Our wonderful midfield two has also to take his share of the blame. It didn't function. Lampard was of none help in the defensive duties and Mikel was frail and kept losing the ball. When you have an almost non-existent midfield in front of your back 4, you can have the best defenders in the world, they would still have a very bad day. There is also the tactic set by Roberto Di Matteo. Had he decided to put in another defender to balance the team, we would have been more solid in defense. Don't get me wrong, I am not slating him because he chose to keep playing an forward-minded game, not at all ! I am just stating a fact.

So, before crying over the refereeing, we should first look at what wasn't good in our side, and draw the right conclusions from it.

People that complaint about ref. and the opposing team buying the ref, are a bunch of hypocrites!

Cause they don't say shit when the refs decision goes our way.

Nothing but sour grapes.

The stick for David Luiz is going over the top, hes not a bad defender, no no no hes actually a great defender. Just hes too crazy sometimes, like hes been smoking crack. Should play it simple, tries the hollywood ball but still that is what makes him David Luiz. He was vital for us at key points of last season, in the CL against Benfica he was tremendous, blocked a shot off the line from Cardozo and marshaled him very well tbh. Also against Bayern in the final he was unbelievable for being 60-70 percent fit. Stop bashing on him, its early season yet his fitness probably isn't 100 percent as is much of the team but he'll hopefully only improve. :D

People that complaint about ref. and the opposing team buying the ref, are a bunch of hypocrites!

Cause they don't say shit when the refs decision goes our way.

Nothing but sour grapes.

Can you honestly say you're not a hypocrite yourself? I kind of find it pointless when people call others hypocrites.

It's not a tragedy.

We were 10 men down and lost by only 1 goal to by far the best team in the land.

Certain key areas underperformed, specifically centre midfield and defence, but the attacking players all looked in pretty good shape. All in all it wasn't too concerning. This is the first I've seen of our pre-season, I don't get what all the fuss is about, I thought we were decent. Yet to hit 6th gear but still holding our own.

Wigan line up should look something like this:

Cech (Captain)

Paulo Ferreira ( :D )-Cahill-David Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Meireles

"Azar"-Oscar-Mata

Torres

Bench:

Bertrand

Hutchinson

Essien

Lampard

Mikel

Marin

Sturridge

Terry should not play, he was absolutely terrible. Worst player on the pitch by some margin. First goal- why not leave it for Ramires to clear? Why try and make an off balance clearance? Second goal- Awful positioning, basically stumbled over himself trying to close down Tevez.

Nope, cause I don't complaint about the ref.

And I don't hold no double standard for nobody!

Being hypocritical isn't just about holding double standards for people, though. That's only part of it. Anyway, it's good that you don't. I respect people who try to be fair to everyone.

Wigan line up should look something like this:

Cech (Captain)

Paulo Ferreira ( :D )-Cahill-David Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Meireles

"Azar"-Oscar-Mata

Torres

Bench:

Bertrand

Hutchinson

Essien

Lampard

Mikel

Marin

Sturridge

Terry should not play, he was absolutely terrible. Worst player on the pitch by some margin. First goal- why not leave it for Ramires to clear? Why try and make an off balance clearance? Second goal- Awful positioning, basically stumbled over himself trying to close down Tevez.

Think next season JT will be restricted to a squad player as he seems to get worse and worse every season now. Well for the last 2 years he has.