Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

Branna was sent off and it was the right decision imo. I think we need a PROPER right back. Not a center back converted to a right back. Not just because Branna was sent off, just as you seen he was beaten to the ball by Kolarov of all people, hes literally one of the slowest full backs ever. Plus going forward hes too indecisive, he looks like he wants to cross it in, decides not too passes it backwards.

The last time we had a proper right back, he didn't turn out quite so well. For the temporary right back solution, I'd prefer Hutchinson or Chalobah who put in decent performances at right back during preseason.

I was quite impressed with the selection today, against all the doom and gloom that preceded this match I think Chelsea gave a fair account of itself. In the first half, I don't remember Cech making any decent save, City had a lot of the ball but couldn't get it to Aguero and Tevez, the former had a very quite match in my opinion.

Mikel is a decent player a few bad games doesn't change that, I'd have wished though that Di Matteo would have made his substitutions earlier. I'd have personally subbed in Essien/ Mereiles for Mikel, Sturridge for Mata and Cahill for Ramires at half time. Ramires was on a yellow card and as such couldn't fully commit into challenges and risk a second booking.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time we had a proper right back, he didn't turn out quite so well. For the temporary right back solution, I'd prefer Hutchinson or Chalobah who put in decent performances at right back during preseason.

I was quite impressed with the selection today, against all the doom and gloom that preceded this match I think Chelsea gave a fair account of itself. In the first half, I don't remember Cech making any decent save, City had a lot of the ball but couldn't get it to Aguero and Tevez, the former had a very quite match in my opinion.

Mikel is a decent player a few bad games doesn't change that, I'd have wished though that Di Matteo would have made his substitutions earlier. I'd have personally subbed in Essien/ Mereiles for Mikel, Sturridge for Mata and Cahill for Ramires at half time. Ramires was on a yellow card and as such couldn't fully commit into challenges and risk a second booking.

What so if we played against United you'd be happy with Nani/Valencia up against Chalobah or Hutchinson........ I don't think so.

The ref's decision right before Ivanovic's sending off was a right one. Torres was just trying to make the most out of the situation because he knew a: Savic was already booked and b: he couldn't get to the ball before the defender did. Watch the replay again, and you'll see that Savic is obviously the better positioned of the two, and Torres doesn't even attempt to move around Savic or anything, but instead he barges right into him and then goes down fairly easily. To be honest, it was a very, very smart play by Torres, but the ref was in the perfect position to make the call, and he did. The ref actually did us a favour a couple times during the game like when he didn't anything about Luiz who was shoving and kicking Tevez in and around the box because he had lost his temper and when he didn't send Ramires off for a foul on David Silva. So, no complaints from me.

What so if we played against United you'd be happy with Nani/Valencia up against Chalobah or Hutchinson........ I don't think so.

Why not? United will probably play Valencia or Jones at right back, none of whom are naturals in that position. I'm not against getting someone like Debuchy or Azpillicueta, but should we fail to sign either I'd not be too worried I think Chalobah, Hutchinson and to an extent Ferreira would be adequate cover for Ivanovic.

Mikel had a poor game, he's had a fairly pathetic preseason.

Mikel's never been a great midfielder for Chelsea, apart from last season under RDM, he's been a weak link in our team...so no surprises if he has absolute shite games.

We should of added another midfielder by now. I'm surprised we didn't bid on Asamoah, who ended up joining Juventus for only 16 million.

Chalaboh? :doh: Maybe Hutch at a push but Nathaniel is 17, lets not rush through another one.

Chalobah did quite well in preseason, I don't think he should be first choice right back, but if there are no transfers at right back he can fill in when Ivanovic, Hutchinson and Ferreira are not available. Players develop at different rates Chalobah is an obvious early bloomer he's already a lot bigger that most premier league right backs at 17, it wouldn't hurt to give him a tryout when there's a suspension or injury crisis.

The ref's decision right before Ivanovic's sending off was a right one. Torres was just trying to make the most out of the situation because he knew a: Savic was already booked and b: he couldn't get to the ball before the defender did. Watch the replay again, and you'll see that Savic is obviously the better positioned of the two, and Torres doesn't even attempt to move around Savic or anything, but instead he barges right into him and then goes down fairly easily. To be honest, it was a very, very smart play by Torres, but the ref was in the perfect position to make the call, and he did. The ref actually did us a favour a couple times during the game like when he didn't anything about Luiz who was shoving and kicking Tevez in and around the box because he had lost his temper and when he didn't send Ramires off for a foul on David Silva. So, no complaints from me.

That's the reason that i don't want to see luiz starting.

Luiz showed his rash side again today indeed. Shoulda gave away a pen in the 2nd half then just kept kicking out. He goes in very recklessly and although he's a very good player, he'll always get us pulling our hair out that's for sure.

It is no shame to loose against better side. Sure it hurts because it is still trophy but it is nothing decisive in our season.

We are not greatest team in Europe yet and we wont become one again just over night.

Acutally we had very solid first half but Brana got sent off. That's football, so heads up and lets go for three points against Wigan.

That's the reason that i don't want to see luiz starting.

Lots of players lose their temper in stressful situations and do radical things. I've seen players like Lampard, Terry, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Bertrand, Ivanovic and Mata do stuff like that as well. Discipline is obviously an issue we need to address, but to pick on Luiz and say he should be sidelined for that? A bit harsh, no?

Btw if I am not mistaken someone who is called Red Devils played against same team one man down for slighly shorter period of time, got beaten 6-1 on their own stadium and yet they lost title only in last minute of the season.

Relax. We should beat Wigan.

:D Yeah... like year ago...

Lots of players lose their temper in stressful situations and do radical things. I've seen players like Lampard, Terry, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Bertrand, Ivanovic and Mata do stuff like that as well. Discipline is obviously an issue we need to address, but to pick on Luiz and say he should be sidelined for that? A bit harsh, no?

Maybe, but it's happening to him almost every game. this stupid decisions, stupid fouls, lose control (of the ball and mentally) and go from his position as a central back.