Oscar

themightyblue

Can't understand why anyone would want that, at least give an explanation.

Remember when we were linked with Neymar two summers ago, we made a bid for him around 20m and most thought that was unreasonable. Now he is one of the biggest star of the game and tipped to be the best player in the world in the future. Not to mention he is very marketable and generates a lot of money for its club.

If he was available and willing to move atm he would easily be worth 40m. City, Madrid, Barca, and us would be an massive biding war for him.

If Oscar was to stay another year and it would only be reasonable for his club to prolong his move after the 2014 world cup. He will get a lot more exposure by then, he would participate in the confederation cup and be a main player for the home side in the world cup.

Oscar status will only improve he will only become more expensive and attract more clubs as time goes on. I have seen a lot of Oscar even i am surprised how fast his reputation is improving and the money he is speculated going for. His reputation is going to improve mainly because he is Brazil most most important player and Mano system will crumble without him. He is going to be very expensive and we will regret not signing him.

You know what,I give up.I hope the deal goes through and we do get Oscar.

if we get cavani, we have to sell torres. as simple as that. sturridge cannot be third choice, and lukaku has far too much potential to be thwarted like that. we already have goal scoring second strikers/cam's in mata and hazard and even oscar to an extent.

Lol if cavani comes, sturridge's ass wont hit the ground on the way out, torres will be tried and if he succeeds kept and rotated, if he fails cavani will be our number 1 all the wile lukaku will be 3rd choice and get some good experiences, and all will be well at chelsea football club.

Lol if cavani comes, sturridge's ass wont hit the ground on the way out, torres will be tried and if he succeeds kept and rotated, if he fails cavani will be our number 1 all the wile lukaku will be 3rd choice and get some good experiences, and all will be well at chelsea football club.

no disrespect, but i still prefer hulk tho

no disrespect, but i still prefer hulk tho

if we get cavani, we have to sell torres. as simple as that. sturridge cannot be third choice, and lukaku has far too much potential to be thwarted like that. we already have goal scoring second strikers/cam's in mata and hazard and even oscar to an extent.

If we sign Cavani there is absolutely no chance that we will sell Torres! it would in no way make any sense to do that at all! especially not for the reason of 'Sturridge can't be third choice striker' Cavani can cover two positions as he can play as the main striker and if ever needed he can play behind the striker. Sturridge can play in three positions either wing or as the main striker! so it would be pretty stupid to sell Torres and then just use Cavani and Sturridge as strikers when both players are pretty versatile and both could fit into a 4-2-3-1 with Torres as the main striker.

Like for example if Mata, Ramires and Marin were rested for one game we could still line up like this.

.........................Mikel...............Oscar..........................

......Sturridge..................Cavani................Hazard........

......................................Torres...................................

yes he can play but his preferred position is CAM and secondary position is Left Wing. He played Left Wing/ CAM for Lille/ Belgium but its not like he doesn't know to play right wing. Yet, Ramires maybe the only player in the squad whose primary position is right mid

Yes he does, he used to play there regularly for Lille. He played less than 10 games CAM for Lille last season, I still think he is better on the left.

Marin is better suited on the left Wing, Hazard and Mata will free flow which is critical. Oscar can provide the orchestration and Mikel with the defensive stability.

---------Torres-----------

Marin---Mata---Hazard

---Oscar----------------

--------------Mikel-------

OH NO!!! I LEFT RAMIRES OUT OF THE SQUAD!!!

From Di Matteo's interview on Hazard he said something along the lines of, 'Last season we only had Juan who could play in that position (CAM), with Eden we have more options'.

All of the 3 behind Torres will be interchanging throughout the season but I think Hazard will predominantly play from the left.

The 23-year-old suggested he can fill a different hole to that of his fellow Brazilian, while once more stressing his desire to join the Blues so he can further progress his career

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian has revealed that he is still hopeful of a move to Chelsea, suggesting the Premier League side's pursuit of Oscar does not mean his own potential move is now off.

The 23-year-old has been linked with the west London outfit throughout the summer, with the Blues already adding to their squad with the likes of Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne, while reportedly being on the verge of landing the Internacional playmaker as well.

There has also been some confusion over the amount at which the Brazilian attacker would be available from his Ukrainian club, with Shakhtar's manager, Mircea Lucescu, previously claiming a bid of €33 million (£26m) had been rejected.

CHELSEA LATEST

4/1 Michael Essien is 4/1 to change clubs this summer with Paddy Power

"I don't know what the coach said, but the correct value was £19.5m (€25m)," he told Globo Esporte.

"But regardless of the value, of course I really wanted to play for a club like Chelsea, a club that won the Champions League.”

Willian indicated that the offer from Roberto Di Matteo's side was slightly lower than that but, regardless of the fee, admitted his disappointment at not being allowed to discuss terms of a move to Stamford Bridge and reiterated his desire to push through a transfer.

"I'm really annoyed that the board didn't let me go. It would have been good for me and for the club too," he said.

"I'd play in a big league and would be able to grow as a player. This is not a message to anyone, everyone knows I want to leave."

Reports have now emerged that fellow Brazilian midfielder Oscar, who featured in the Olympic squad's friendly against Team GB on Friday evening, underwent a medical at Chelsea earlier in the week.

And Willian suggested that, despite their interest in his fellow countryman, a deal for himself can still happen, insisting that he offers different attributes to the Internacional man.

He added: "Chelsea had already reached an agreement regarding Oscar when they made that last offer to sign me.

"I'm sure it won't be a problem as we are different kinds of players. He is more like a playmaker and I am more like an attacking midfielder.

"But it's a matter of waiting. A lot can still happen."

you could have just said why you hope he changes his mind and stays another year in Brazil.

Ive said numerous times that KDB should be given the role which we intend on giving to Oscar.Signing Oscar may force KDB out on a loan which I seriously don't want as I feel KDB is the more complete player of the two.

Ive said numerous times that KDB should be given the role which we intend on giving to Oscar.Signing Oscar may force KDB out on a loan which I seriously don't want as I feel KDB is the more complete player of the two.

sorry i don`t follow who says what that closely. but when you gave that i presume by what you saying now an half-hearted response because you are fed up of saying it. is it really surprising that others ask the question why. Joker obviously didn`t know and that`s why he asked the question and gave a reasonable post stating why we should go for Oscar now.

i have no personal preference on who plays and where they do it aslong as they are the best for Chelsea.