TalkChelsea EPL Fantasy 2012/13

Steve

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.... so let me get this straight. I swapped Aguero and McAnuff for Defoe and Bale, losing 4 points in the process which is fine, i had a shit gameweek anyway, that's cool but now Tottenham have just re-signed Adebayor which means Defoe probably wont even play at the weekend now!! Might just use my wildcard early lol this is already a disaster!

Ok.... so let me get this straight. I swapped Aguero and McAnuff for Defoe and Bale, losing 4 points in the process which is fine, i had a shit gameweek anyway, that's cool but now Tottenham have just re-signed Adebayor which means Defoe probably wont even play at the weekend now!! Might just use my wildcard early lol this is already a disaster!

:) Wait til the end of the gameweek before making transfers, especially when the real transfer market is on. I was gonna put in Defoe on friday but probably won't now... Decisions decisions... :)

Hey guys! quick question here.....

Basically i had Joe cole in my starting lineup, and he got injured on matchday 1, so i only got 1 point for some 11 minutes of play. And that is Fine.

However, i have Guthrie( Reading) in my subs bench, so for tonites game where Joe cole is injured, will danny guthrie automatically get into my squad and points?

Since Joe cole played on matchday 1, i might not, but there was still a match on tonite, and shouldnt i be getting Guthrie as an automatic sub since he was playing?

Hey guys! quick question here.....

Basically i had Joe cole in my starting lineup, and he got injured on matchday 1, so i only got 1 point for some 11 minutes of play. And that is Fine.

However, i have Guthrie( Reading) in my subs bench, so for tonites game where Joe cole is injured, will danny guthrie automatically get into my squad and points?

Since Joe cole played on matchday 1, i might not, but there was still a match on tonite, and shouldnt i be getting Guthrie as an automatic sub since he was playing?

Erm, basically if the player plays any part in the gameweek then he won't be chanhed, doesn't matter how many games in the game week... So no unfortunately.

lol i actually got a McAnuff and Ashley Cole assist today. Hope that Tottenham stick with Defoe and score 5 against WBA and lose 6-5.... Oh wait, i have Kyle Walker too. Oh well, real life comes before dream team, come on West Brom!

LOL at the the premier league website, they give out bonus points for best 3 players...

3 points to Cahill

2 points to Ivan

1 point to Torres..

So hazard wasn't in the best 3 players.... OK lol... The people who rate these clearly just look at the scoreline and the players that scored...

Ok, first week has gone pretty well. 102 points, joint second (Made in Munich).

Better look at getting Hazard into my team pretty soon before everybody does and his value rockets. I gladly put Michu in from the start and everyone must have already lumped him in next week because he has already gone up £0.2m!!!

My biggest cock up was that I had Petric in my team upto Saturday morning and then bottled it and fitted Bent in instead :rant: If he doesn't get points against Everton then he's coming out for Petric or Lambert I think. That will then give me good money to make a few changes over the next couple of weeks.

I will probably leave my team as they are though for the second week - is it the same as last season where if you don't make a transfer one week it's carried forward to the next?

90 points from the first round and seventh place in the TC league, not a bad start.

Captain choice obviously fucked up when I had Hazard as my captain all along and close to the deadline made the brilliant move of switching to Torres who didn't even score half the amount as Eden with his five assists. Also, David Silva not scoring the penalty cost me a lot of points because I'd have got the assist from Tevez as well. Now I had the most expensive man in my team scoring 0 points. :lol:

90 points from the first round and seventh place in the TC league, not a bad start.

Captain choice obviously fucked up when I had Hazard as my captain all along and close to the deadline made the brilliant move of switching to Torres who didn't even score half the amount as Eden with his five assists. Also, David Silva not scoring the penalty cost me a lot of points because I'd have got the assist from Tevez as well. Now I had the most expensive man in my team scoring 0 points. :lol:

Too bad mate. Silva has been consistently poor for city for a while now. I can see nasri having a big season, seems like he's well settled now. I fucking hate him but i think i'm going to have to fit him in.

This post goes out to anyone who has 3 Chelsea players in their Squad, or even 2.....

How are you guys going about Week 3?

I could have removed Mata and replaced him with some other teams player, but could not resist replacing him with Hazard, as i feel he will finally score a goal against newcastle at home, if not, he will still get assists. Additionally i dont think mata will play against newcastle so had to replace him.

So i will have 1 free transfer for week 3, which i will replace cech. But will still have Hazard and Torres, but not playing week 3 matches. Is it worth losing 8 points to change these players?

From a betting perspective, the risk return says that losing 8 points to get 2 new players for week 3.....

the probabilities are that these 2 new players will not get/ or will just about get 8 points.

If they do get more, by scoring or by assists, then it could go to maybe 10-12 points.

The chances of making 12-13 points after losing 8 points is about 20%,

while the chances of making less than 8 points is 70%,

and the chance of making 20+ points is 10%

Sorry for so many numbers, but what do you guys think.... I cant decide whether the risk is worth it for only 1 week, as i will want to get them back into the team from week 4, and if i remove all 3 - 1 free transfer and -8 for the other 2, then i will also have to get them in over week 4-6, and possibly if i want them in sooner, not over 3 weeks, then sacrificing another -4 points to get them in faster.

Tough call to make, think maybe some others with 2-3 chelsea players might have the same issue?

This post goes out to anyone who has 3 Chelsea players in their Squad, or even 2.....

How are you guys going about Week 3?

I could have removed Mata and replaced him with some other teams player, but could not resist replacing him with Hazard, as i feel he will finally score a goal against newcastle at home, if not, he will still get assists. Additionally i dont think mata will play against newcastle so had to replace him.

So i will have 1 free transfer for week 3, which i will replace cech. But will still have Hazard and Torres, but not playing week 3 matches. Is it worth losing 8 points to change these players?

From a betting perspective, the risk return says that losing 8 points to get 2 new players for week 3.....

the probabilities are that these 2 new players will not get/ or will just about get 8 points.

If they do get more, by scoring or by assists, then it could go to maybe 10-12 points.

The chances of making 12-13 points after losing 8 points is about 20%,

while the chances of making less than 8 points is 70%,

and the chance of making 20+ points is 10%

Sorry for so many numbers, but what do you guys think.... I cant decide whether the risk is worth it for only 1 week, as i will want to get them back into the team from week 4, and if i remove all 3 - 1 free transfer and -8 for the other 2, then i will also have to get them in over week 4-6, and possibly if i want them in sooner, not over 3 weeks, then sacrificing another -4 points to get them in faster.

Tough call to make, think maybe some others with 2-3 chelsea players might have the same issue?

I am in a similar boat like most. I have 3 chelsea players and a reading one. Basically i planned ahead and have offloaded mikel who was sitting on the bench anyway this week, also had to replace aguero as he was injured. One free next week will remove POG and then i will play a 4-4-2 instead of a 3-4-3 as some of my cheap subs start for thier teams (so i have used 4 points to avoid the situation and still keep them all with mikel being the exception, though he was on my bench anyway)... I wouldn't sacrifice 8 points though as you will get back 2 per player then need one of them to score which could happen but is a big risk... you could use your wildcard though you don't wan't to get rid of them as you obviously want them back the week after. It depends... Who do you have on your bench? (i have all my money in my starting 11 so my bench consists of 2 4 mil defenders and it did have mikel). If you have enough starters on the bench then i wouldn't do anything except bench them for the week and hope your bench sitters can get you a few points, if they don't start then you can start the week with 9 players, lose 8 points (pointless if you are transfering out chelsea players as you have to put them back in the next week), or just do one transfer, or wildcard it and change your bench sitters so that they are all cheap starters and then you can have a full fielded team without having to get rid of your Chelsea players.

I am in a similar boat like most. I have 3 chelsea players and a reading one. Basically i planned ahead and have offloaded mikel who was sitting on the bench anyway this week, also had to replace aguero as he was injured. One free next week will remove POG and then i will play a 4-4-2 instead of a 3-4-3 as some of my cheap subs start for thier teams (so i have used 4 points to avoid the situation and still keep them all with mikel being the exception, though he was on my bench anyway)... I wouldn't sacrifice 8 points though as you will get back 2 per player then need one of them to score which could happen but is a big risk... you could use your wildcard though you don't wan't to get rid of them as you obviously want them back the week after. It depends... Who do you have on your bench? (i have all my money in my starting 11 so my bench consists of 2 4 mil defenders and it did have mikel). If you have enough starters on the bench then i wouldn't do anything except bench them for the week and hope your bench sitters can get you a few points, if they don't start then you can start the week with 9 players, lose 8 points (pointless if you are transfering out chelsea players as you have to put them back in the next week), or just do one transfer, or wildcard it and change your bench sitters so that they are all cheap starters and then you can have a full fielded team without having to get rid of your Chelsea players.

I have Guthrie - reading - in midfield (bench), not going to do special stuff but gets 90 mins so 2 points assured. He takes free kicks so there is always a chance of some extra points.

He could have replaced hazard but i also have joe cole injured....so im screwed unless he is back for week 3.

So if Joe cole is back for week 3 and hopefully fit enough to start, then im good for a 4-4-2 while keeping hazard and torres in subs....

Defensively i made a howler in terms of my choices.... while choosing i thought they were a decent call as it worked last season. I have 3 stoke players, Fabio and Mcartney -westham,,,,

Week 3 Stoke has Wigan, so i think i should be fine defensively.... Will just have to wait for this weekend game results to see how much i will need to risk overall.

Lastly, off topic, but swansea's next 5-6 fixtures are really good, so if week 2 doesnt go too well for me, i might think of the wildcard.