Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

i agree mate

I honestly don't... I think he's nowhere near physical enough to assert himself in the Premier League.

It's all fine doing it at Zulte and even in the Bundesliga, but playing under Mourinho in the Premier League is a whole different ball game.

Still a long way to go before he becomes the machine he needs to be to be given a run at Chelsea's.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong :dude:

It has nothing to do with country of origin in any players case.

The issue with Lukaku was that his style of play didn't fit with Mourinho and he's severely limited as a target man at the moment.

Re: De Bruyne it didn't work and I suspect it was De Bruyne's poor tackling/defensive work that did him in

Re: Thorgan no one can tell if he's talented enough to make it at Chelsea. The bigger issue is that absent Eden the AMs appear severely limited in the ability to create and distribute for others so much so that God forbid anything happen to Eden Chelsea would be in serious difficulty in terms of creating goals.

My comment was moreso an indictment of the current AMs on the squad rather than Thorgan's skill/ability level.

Truth be told if prompts Jose to get Sterling/Reus etc to fix the issue then great.

Thorgan is a promising player that could help provide a different playmaking skill set than his brother as to whether that will happen at Chelsea is anyone's guess.

I said from day one that he should have taken Salah's slot as there was no need for buying the Egyptian and nothing has changed that pov. However football is unpredictable and Thorgan could have easily ended up as bad as Mo has been in the first team afterall he was voted the best player in the swiss league before we bought him. but there's only one way to find out if keeping him would have been a better decision and that's by adding him to the first team next season.

To the people saying he can never be a Chelsea starting XI player, how much of Gladbach have you seen this season? They are not AT ALL far behind us.

They're second in the Bundes Liga and have not lost any matches in any competitions this season. They're playing some excellent football. Imo, they are just lacking the killer instinct and the ability to break down teams that defend deep (what Jose would call "balls") to be a really top team. They're certainly better than many teams in the CL this season including all 3 of the teams in our group.

Granted, Thorgan is not a starter for them yet (hopefully the goal mid-week earns him another start in their next match), but he's not far off at all. He comes on in almost every match and starts in the cup and the EL. I have no idea why people would want to write him off when he clearly has talent and room for development.

The fact Eden was a lot better at his age probably plays a role. Every player's progression curve is different though so that doesn't mean much.

I didn't think he'd make it here when we signed him but after his year on loan at Zulte and now at gladbach I'm not so sure.

The fact Eden was a lot better at his age probably plays a role. Every player's progression curve is different though so that doesn't mean much.

I didn't think he'd make it here when we signed him but after his year on loan at Zulte and now at gladbach I'm not so sure.

Obviously Eden is much more talented. His natural ability on the ball is matched by very very few in the world. But I honestly think that Thorgan now is a more all-rounded player than Eden was at his age. It hard to compare because of the different styles. I can see Thorgan developing into a box-to-box central midfielder or a number 10. I think he'd have a better chance of making it here.

Box-to-box?!?!? No chance, Thorgan is just as weak as Mata is on the ball. Can't see him making it here to be honest. Doesn't have his brothers strength or skill

That's not to say he won't become a good player but I doubt it will be here especially under Jose.

To the people saying he can never be a Chelsea starting XI player, how much of Gladbach have you seen this season? They are not AT ALL far behind us.

They're second in the Bundes Liga and have not lost any matches in any competitions this season. They're playing some excellent football. Imo, they are just lacking the killer instinct and the ability to break down teams that defend deep (what Jose would call "balls") to be a really top team. They're certainly better than many teams in the CL this season including all 3 of the teams in our group.

Granted, Thorgan is not a starter for them yet (hopefully the goal mid-week earns him another start in their next match), but he's not far off at all. He comes on in almost every match and starts in the cup and the EL. I have no idea why people would want to write him off when he clearly has talent and room for development.

yeah but the bundesliga is shit.......

yeah but the bundesliga is shit.......

Tell that to Bayern Munich and the German NT......

Here comes the defence force.

Do you have a relevant point to make? Because it seems you're only making provocations and nothing that actually adds to the discussion.