Daniel Sturridge

the wes

What about all of those times when the right thing to do was pass, but he decided to shoot to get the glory for himself. And I just don't buy into the whole 'a selfish striker is a good striker' thing. Bollocks. A striker with good decision making will always be much more dangerous than a selfish striker.

This isn't an argument about Torres so please don't turn it into one. And please don't call me a retard either.

"all those times". What are those times exacly? You can find loads of times when people like Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan and any player could have passed instead.

I think Messi is more of a dangerous "selfish" striker than a striker with "good decision making". For instance.

And Sturridge showed in the game he started what he can do because he is moving like a striker. He could have scored 1-3 goals, but didnt because his finishing was poor. That would of changed with more playtime.

one poor game? which one? he started one game in COC and got a people. one game in PL and i think we saw what some basic movement of strikers can do.

And I dont understand how people cant see that. They dont see what danny created with his movement, they only see that he failed to score some really good chances. Not wierd considering that he had been injured and didnt play many minutes at all lately.

And I dont understand how people cant see that. They dont see what danny created with his movement, they only see that he failed to score some really good chances. Not wierd considering that he had been injured and didnt play many minutes at all lately.

Sturridge is ultimately a very selfish striker who will try to score impossible shots and do backheels even when we are losing.. very naive playing style though not being a teenager anymore..should have better awareness and decision making by that age of his..

Sturridge is ultimately a very selfish striker who will try to score impossible shots and do backheels even when we are losing.. very naive playing style though not being a teenager anymore..should have better awareness and decision making by that age of his..

I seriousley disagree. He is a striker. He moves well. He is the type of striker we need with our system and players. We got 3 friggin playmakers.

Say what you want, but Danny proved that in the game he started (cant remember against what team) but he could have scored 2 goals easily with better finishing.

"all those times". What are those times exacly? You can find loads of times when people like Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan and any player could have passed instead.

I think Messi is more of a dangerous "selfish" striker than a striker with "good decision making". For instance.

And Sturridge showed in the game he started what he can do because he is moving like a striker. He could have scored 1-3 goals, but didnt because his finishing was poor. That would of changed with more playtime.

First of all, Messi isn't selfish. He may score a lot of goals, but he also gets a lot of assists. He knows when to shoot and when to dribble. That's what sets him apart from Ronaldo, his decision-making.

And Ronaldo and Zlatan may be selfish, but they have the ability to back it up. They have proven themselves to be quality players. Sturridge is not. All he is right now is a player with a fair amount of potential. You may say he hasn't had the chance to prove himself, but that's besides the point and irrelevant. He gets his chance every day in training, and many coaches clearly haven't seen enough from him in training to give him more playing time. You might think that is unfair, but I don't.

I agree with you about Sturrigde showing good off the ball movement. That's one thing I do like about him. But that doesn't make up for the other parts of his game which are not so good. Things that he should be working on in training. When I say he has an attitude problem, what i mean is he already thinks he is good enough. And that's a bad thing for any young player to think. Once you think that, you won't do your best to improve every day. There's a reason Messi is the best player in the world. Since he was 17 he has been striving to improve every day. Even now, he still says in interviews that he strives to be better.

I seriousley disagree. He is a striker. He moves well. He is the type of striker we need with our system and players. We got 3 friggin playmakers.

Say what you want, but Danny proved that in the game he started (cant remember against what team) but he could have scored 2 goals easily with better finishing.

Could, would, should - bad words to have in your vocabulary

Edit: What annoys me about him is the fact that he tries to take on players but many times doesn't achieve..and already mentioned his ultimate optimism in himself(some may call it naive) to score from impossible positions. But he is a firecracker when he comes on.. brings flair with his movement and what not.. got to hand him that! :)

First of all, Messi isn't selfish. He may score a lot of goals, but he also gets a lot of assists. He knows when to shoot and when to dribble. That's what sets him apart from Ronaldo, his decision-making.

And Ronaldo and Zlatan may be selfish, but they have the ability to back it up. They have proven themselves to be quality players. Sturridge is not. All he is right now is a player with a fair amount of potential. You may say he hasn't had the chance to prove himself, but that's besides the point and irrelevant. He gets his chance every day in training, and many coaches clearly haven't seen enough from him in training to give him more playing time. You might think that is unfair, but I don't.

I agree with you about Sturrigde showing good off the ball movement. That's one thing I do like about him. But that doesn't make up for the other parts of his game which are not so good. Things that he should be working on in training. When I say he has an attitude problem, what i mean is he already thinks he is good enough. And that's a bad thing for any young player to think. Once you think that, you won't do your best to improve every day. There's a reason Messi is the best player in the world. Since he was 17 he has been striving to improve every day. Even now, he still says in interviews that he strives to be better.

Regarding Messi:

GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS 17 26 5

NINETY shots. If danny would have had that with less than 50 goals people would write him off instantly and bring up "he could have passed, there,and there, and there and there".

Regarding Dannys attitude, I dont understand where people get that from. For all we know he might of gotten tired of always being the 2nd choice and never really getting the trust he deserved to get. I mean, considering how much time hes had on the bench etc. And dont say he should of been more patient and whatnot. Considering who was playing instead of him, I wouldnt hold it against him for being tired and mad.

Regarding Messi:GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS 17 26 5

NINETY shots. If danny would have had that with less than 50 goals people would write him off instantly and bring up "he could have passed, there,and there, and there and there".

Regarding Dannys attitude, I dont understand where people get that from. For all we know he might of gotten tired of always being the 2nd choice and never really getting the trust he deserved to get. I mean, considering how much time hes had on the bench etc. And dont say he should of been more patient and whatnot. Considering who was playing instead of him, I wouldnt hold it against him for being tired and mad.

Yes, but having 90 shots in 17 games isn't extremely high when the team you play for has around 70% possession every game. You have to take that into consideration.

And I agree with you about that. I don't blame him for wanting to go to Liverpool, that's his choice and I respect that. If he doesn't want to sit on the bench then that's his decision. But that's completely irrelevant to what I said.

Could, would, should - bad words to have in your vocabulary

Edit: What annoys me about him is the fact that he tries to take on players but many times doesn't achieve..and already mentioned his ultimate optimism in himself(some may call it naive) to score from impossible positions. But he is a firecracker when he comes on.. brings flair with his movement and what not.. got to hand him that! :)

HAHA. That is EXACLY what Torres keeps doing over and over again. Loses the ball 80% of the times.

And if you actually couldnt see the differance in when we played danny and torres u lack the ability to analyze. He was more of a target man for our playmakers, he created space, his movement was great..with abit better finishing he would have scored at least one goal.

As I said, look at Lukaku. He hardly played anything here, got 5-10mins here and there and his touch was awful. Now he looks ALOT better, why? Because he magically got better or because he's getting more playtime?

HAHA. That is EXACLY what Torres keeps doing over and over again. Loses the ball 80% of the times.

And if you actually couldnt see the differance in when we played danny and torres u lack the ability to analyze. He was more of a target man for our playmakers, he created space, his movement was great..with abit better finishing he would have scored at least one goal.

As I said, look at Lukaku. He hardly played anything here, got 5-10mins here and there and his touch was awful. Now he looks ALOT better, why? Because he magically got better or because he's getting more playtime?

Haha.. you're doing it again - when someone disagrees with you, even politely, you take it so personally and start to call them retards or incompetent.. fine by me.. I've got a thick skin and a sense of humor, but a lot of people will start to fight with you over this.

Edit: On a serious note, Lukaku's loan is coming along nicely indeed but I hope it will help him develop into Chelsea's first team also. Remember, Sturridge also had a very successful loan spell at Bolton but is still being -presumably- sold. You might argue that he isn't given a proper chance - in which you'd be correct - but I trust the coaching staff 100% in choosing the right team and evaluating the team bcs they are there 24/7 observing their every movement in games/training.

Haha.. you're doing it again - when someone disagrees with you, even politely, you take it so personally and start to call them retards or incompetent.. fine by me.. I've got a thick skin and a sense of humor, but a lot of people will start to fight with you over this.

Cant see that I used the word retard in what you quoted.

However, am I wrong in what I said?

"He was more of a target man for our playmakers, he created space, his movement was great..with abit better finishing he would have scored at least one goal.

As I said, look at Lukaku. He hardly played anything here, got 5-10mins here and there and his touch was awful. Now he looks ALOT better, why? Because he magically got better or because he's getting more playtime?"

Cant see that I used the word retard in what you quoted.

However, am I wrong in what I said?

"He was more of a target man for our playmakers, he created space, his movement was great..with abit better finishing he would have scored at least one goal.

As I said, look at Lukaku. He hardly played anything here, got 5-10mins here and there and his touch was awful. Now he looks ALOT better, why? Because he magically got better or because he's getting more playtime?"

You brought the word retard up when replying to Corner if im not mistaking.. cba looking it up.. other that that replied to your other half of the post with editing my previous post in reply to you.

You brought the word retard up when replying to Corner if im not mistaking.. cba looking it up.. other that that replied to your other half of the post with editing my previous in reply to you.

Regarding what you edited, i dont have 100% faith in team selections, the staff etc. And to me it is very simple. When choosing between Torres who already had loads of playtime and our ONLY OTHER STRIKER, and still choose Torres, that to me is blunt stuipid. And i dont care if Danny had been the most childish, disrespectful, selfish bastard there is, he still should of gotten alot more playtime....for the sake of the team and the points and possible goals.

I dont think people understand how many problems a real striker would solve..

that is y i am telling u to avoid these torres fan girls..

Well hopefully you now jump ship to whichever club Sturridge goes to and continue your weird and unjustified wankfest over him. Goodbye.
You've got some absolute idiotic logic going on there. Just because I said I'm happy Sturridge's moving for his sake doesn't mean I'm going to jump ship. I've supported CFC a long time before Sturridge. I've probably been to more CFC games than you.

There's no "wankfest" at all either, I rate Sturridge as a player and all I asked was that he was given a proper chance. Didn't know that that qualified as a wankfest. There's no need to get bitchy because someone has a different opinion to you. Grow up.

that is y i am telling u to avoid these torres fan girls..

Who here is a Torres fan girl? Why is it with you that anyone who doesn't think Sturridge is a great player is a 'Torres fan girl'.

Some people happen to think both Torres and Sturridge aren't that great.

Who here is a Torres fan girl? Why is it with you that anyone who doesn't think Sturridge is a great player is a 'Torres fan girl'.

Some people happen to think both Torres and Sturridge aren't that great.

anyone who critzises danny more than torres is a torres fangirl