Daniel Sturridge

the wes

1. Downing isnt a regular at Liverpool.

2. What am I talking about? Im talking about the fact that we are getting rid of a striker when we are low on strikers and our current n1 choice is absolute shit. And we do this without even give Danny a serious chance as CF.

word of advice - check his username and his photo and u ll probably know he is one of the torres fan girls who would ridicule any1 who gives torres the least bit of competition. just wait and watch how these fellows would go on to ridcule falcao/cavani/villa/any striker we buy in jan if they have even a single bad game.

He had chances but things just didn't work out. We're selling a player on an expiring (expensive) contract for double what we paid to him. This is the type of thing Arsenal fans wish their board would do.

Who got more chances?Torres or Sturridge?Sturridge needed 2 games in a row,but Chelsea only gave him one chance to show his abilities as a CF,where he scored.He only played against United as a Striker and one time under AVB he played as a CF.Torres got more than hundred chances to show the world how poor he is and Sturridge got only two chances to show his potential.I am happy that Sturridge will leave us,because in my eyes he will get his chances at Pool,where he can show his full potential.Our board will regret that they did not give Sturridge a fair chance.I am tired of watching Torres every game and every game he plays like a player,who never played football before.My eyes start to burn of seeing Torres playing football.It is better to play Feruz instead of Torres.

Who got more chances?Torres or Sturridge?Sturridge needed 2 games in a row,but Chelsea only gave him one chance to show his abilities as a CF,where he scored.He only played against United as a Striker and one time under AVB he played as a CF.Torres got more than hundred chances to show the world how poor he is and Sturridge got only two chances to show his potential.I am happy that Sturridge will leave us,because in my eyes he will get his chances at Pool,where he can show his full potential.Our board will regret that they did not give Sturridge a fair chance.I am tired of watching Torres every game and every game he plays like a player,who never played football before.My eyes start to burn of seeing Torres playing football.It is better to play Feruz instead of Torres.

He also got 30 minutes against West Brom where he had two golden opportunities and fluffed his lines.

I'm happy he's going to Liverpool though, because I think he's completely wrong for their passing style and he'll be Joe Cole Mk.2, and I'm delighted we signed Moses who works his bollocks off and passes too.

He had chances but things just didn't work out. We're selling a player on an expiring (expensive) contract for double what we paid to him. This is the type of thing Arsenal fans wish their board would do.

When did he have his chances? Torres has had 10 times the playtime Danny has. What has HE proved?

And lol, no. Arsenal fans want titles.

word of advice - check his username and his photo and u ll probably know he is one of the torres fan girls who would ridicule any1 who gives torres the least bit of competition. just wait and watch how these fellows would go on to ridcule falcao/cavani/villa/any striker we buy in jan if they have even a single bad game.

Indeed. I just love how people write off Danny after one poor game whilst supporting Torres through 20 bad games

Indeed. I just love how people write off Danny after one poor game whilst supporting Torres through 20 bad games

Some people criticise both players. Torres isn't good enough but that doesn't mean Sturridge is, and I know it's just one game but that West Brom game really sticks in the mind when talking about him.

Let's judge the club's actions with the striker situation at the end of next month.

Some people criticise both players. Torres isn't good enough but that doesn't mean Sturridge is, and I know it's just one game but that West Brom game really sticks in the mind when talking about him.

Let's judge the club's actions with the striker situation at the end of next month.

My point is that Danny has NOT been giving a serious chance here. That is what bugs me. However in one game Danny moved alot better and created more than TOrres ever has. ANd his finishing was very poor yes, but consider that he had been injured and didnt play much at all.

Same thing with Lukaku. He sat on the Chelsea bench, got on for 5-10mins now and then and his touch etc was pretty poor. Now he is doing very good in west brom. Why? Becuse he is actually getting playtime.

And as Ive said before, it doesnt matter if we would buy Falcao in january (however we are more likely to land someone like Willian instead and go for a bigger buy in the summer) because 1 real striker + Torres just isnt good enough. Other top clubs have several options, and I dont even consider TOrres a choice. So we are stuck with 1 striker anyhow.

My point is that Danny has NOT been giving a serious chance here. That is what bugs me. However in one game Danny moved alot better and created more than TOrres ever has. ANd his finishing was very poor yes, but consider that he had been injured and didnt play much at all.

Same thing with Lukaku. He sat on the Chelsea bench, got on for 5-10mins now and then and his touch etc was pretty poor. Now he is doing very good in west brom. Why? Becuse he is actually getting playtime.

And as Ive said before, it doesnt matter if we would buy Falcao in january (however we are more likely to land someone like Willian instead and go for a bigger buy in the summer) because 1 real striker + Torres just isnt good enough. Other top clubs have several options, and I dont even consider TOrres a choice. So we are stuck with 1 striker anyhow.

Other teams have more choices partly due to playing with more than one striker. We need backup but we're never going to be like United because we simply don't play with two up-top.

And maybe Sturridge didn't get enough game time but the coaches have seen him for the last few years, and so have the fans which is why so few tears are being shed for a 23 year old who still surprises you when he actually passes the ball.

Other teams have more choices partly due to playing with more than one striker. We need backup but we're never going to be like United because we simply don't play with two up-top.

And maybe Sturridge didn't get enough game time but the coaches have seen him for the last few years, and so have the fans which is why so few tears are being shed for a 23 year old who still surprises you when he actually passes the ball.

Some players arent on the pitch to pass, but to score. Dont get me wrong now though.

He also got 30 minutes against West Brom where he had two golden opportunities and fluffed his lines.

I'm happy he's going to Liverpool though, because I think he's completely wrong for their passing style and he'll be Joe Cole Mk.2, and I'm delighted we signed Moses who works his bollocks off and passes too.

That´s your opinion,but the thing is that you can´t compare a player,who played maybe around 140 minutes for us as a CF this season with a player,who played around 2500(!) minutes a CF.Sturridge wasn´t that bad.I remember that Torres was very poor against West Brom and then Sturridge came,who played really well.There was only one thing he could improve that day and that was his conversion of chances.That is one thing you can only improve,when you get playtime.You can score goals in training,but there is much difference between training and a real match.Sturridge is a perfect striker.He was selfish,ok that is true,but Ronaldo is also selfish,but a lot of people love him.You have to be selfish as a CF to become a world class player.In my opinion Sturridge is a good striker with a lot of potential and there are some reasons,why I think that he is a good striker.He is really fast.One of the fastest players in the PL,he can score goals with his head,he has good dribbling skills (much more effective dribbling skills than Torres has),he can score with his right or left foot and his runs are really good.When Sturridge plays he always

has the positioning of a world class player and that can you see how he runs and where he runs.When Torres plays he always runs in the wrong way and that is one of the reasons,why he doesn´t get chances to score.

All in all,I think that Sturridge is a better striker than Torres is.He has everything to become a good striker and he only has to improve some things like the conversion of chances.It´s only up to the next manager to give Sturridge the opportunities.and i am convinced that Sturridge will become a really good player.

Maybe he should've got more chances or maybe he should've impressed more in the chances he received.....the fact of the matter is we've shipped on a fringe player on a fairly expensive contract for twice what we paid for him before he had a chance to leave on a free, and we've replaced him in the squad with a guy who has been one of our best players in recent weeks.

Now we just have to get back-up for Torres and it's a good transfer window.

Writing 'don't get me wrong' after an incorrect statement doesn't make said statement correct. That's like saying 2+2=5, don't get me wrong.

Jesus christ. Are you some kind of retard?What I was implying was that some players are on the pitch to score in first hand.

In this case i mean that I would rather have someone that tries to score than tries to pass the ball. Dannys finishing was poor against west brom but at least he tried, compared to torres who tries to do things (like pass) and dispossesses the ball every time. Id rather have someone have a go at the goal than losing the ball.

Jesus christ. Are you some kind of retard?What I was implying was that some players are on the pitch to score in first hand.

In this case i mean that I would rather have someone that tries to score than tries to pass the ball. Dannys finishing was poor against west brom but at least he tried, compared to torres who tries to do things (like pass) and dispossesses the ball every time. Id rather have someone have a go at the goal than losing the ball.

What about all of those times when the right thing to do was pass, but he decided to shoot to get the glory for himself. And I just don't buy into the whole 'a selfish striker is a good striker' thing. Bollocks. A striker with good decision making will always be much more dangerous than a selfish striker.

This isn't an argument about Torres so please don't turn it into one. And please don't call me a retard either.

one poor game? which one? he started one game in COC and got a people. one game in PL and i think we saw what some basic movement of strikers can do.