Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If shaw only wants chelsea we won't need to get into a bidding war with united.

Offer something reasonable but not excessive, and he's ours, in my opinion.

Problem with that is, if we offer something "reasonable" like £20m and United go in with something ridiculous, Shaw may look at that offer and say "wow, United are willing to pay that much for me so they must have really big plans for me."

I have a feeling Southampton will take the highest offer and won't care too much about Shaw's wishes.

Problem with that is, if we offer something "reasonable" like £20m and United go in with something ridiculous, Shaw may look at that offer and say "wow, United are willing to pay that much for me so they must have really big plans for me."

I have a feeling Southampton will take the highest offer and won't care too much about Shaw's wishes.

Didn't United offer more to Southampton regarding Bale? But they sold him to Tottenham anyways.

The sale of Moses,Marin and Ba could be enough to help us fund this move.

£20m is cool.

Yup, 20 mill is about how much we spent on those 3 players, hopefully their values are still similar to what it was when we bought them

3 fringe players for our English starting LB for the next decade? I'm down.

20M is a massive fee for a LB. You can't compare it to spending on attacking players. Jordi Alba was 14M Euros and was much more accomplished and experience player than Shaw is right now. I like Shaw and would be a great fit for us long-term but 20M would make him, I believe, the 2nd most expensive LB ever after Coentrao.

20M is a massive fee for a LB. You can't compare it to spending on attacking players. Jordi Alba was 14M Euros and was much more accomplished and experience player than Shaw is right now. I like Shaw and would be a great fit for us long-term but 20M would make him, I believe, the 2nd most expensive LB ever after Coentrao.

For me its 20 tops.. still very expensive for a 18 year old LB but its probably worth it.

Personally I had bring Van Anholt back and use that £30m to get either a DLP or striker in the summer. I'm yet to see what makes Shaw better than him or worth the asking price.

Defensive ability. PVA is great going forward but he's not good defensively. Not saying he hasn't improved. He's definitely improved while at Vitesse but he's still not good enough imo. Often out of position and his pace compensates for it because the Eredivisie doesn't have enough quality to punish his every mistake. Won't get away with it in the PL.

I'm not saying I watched every Vitesse match, but I've seen a lot and Bertrand is without doubt a better LB than him.

I think we should let Ash leave, sell PVA, sign Luke and bring back Bertrand and let them both fight it out.

Personally I had bring Van Anholt back and use that £30m to get either a DLP or striker in the summer. I'm yet to see what makes Shaw better than him or worth the asking price.

There's a reason why Shaw is about to make his 50th Premier League appearance before the age at which Van Aanholt had even made his professional debut.

Physically he's stronger, he has better touch than Van Aanholt had at that age, he's composed and defensively he's already better.

Definitely might be worth it. Not saying that, just saying that that price is hardly a great deal for any LB.

True, but there's the English tax to think about and the fact that he's a Chelsea fan, plus United want him. All these factors mean he's probably overpriced by between £5-10 million depending on the source.

well he could be a top quality player for over 10 years

Yeah. We could say that about every single talent.

Lukaku should be worth 60m then?

Hazard should probably be worth 100m then aswell

etc

Shaw isnt worth anywhere near 30m. Not even close.

There's a reason why Shaw is about to make his 50th Premier League appearance before the age at which Van Aanholt had even made his professional debut.

Physically he's stronger, he has better touch than Van Aanholt had at that age, he's composed and defensively he's already better.

True, but there's the English tax to think about and the fact that he's a Chelsea fan, plus United want him. All these factors mean he's probably overpriced by between £5-10 million depending on the source.

And dont forget that once clubs see Chelsea are interested, that too bumps up the price by a couple of million.

But I still think it would be a good deal. Mourinho is building a good young squad and if Luke Shaw continues to improve (which I have no doubt he will do under Mourinho) he will be priceless and irreplaceable by the time he's 24-25. And with the way player values are rising, what will he be worth then ??

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You