Talk Chelsea l Team of the world

Santiago.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next position is a random one, Central Defensive Midfield.

A combination of off ball movement, quick passing, strength, ball winner, and other attributes that make the class Defensive Midfielder. The two that come to mind are Sergio Busquets of Barceloa and Yaya Toure of Manchester City. Essien's ability has long be gone and is no where near the ability he had which could have taken this crown. Busquets is severely underrated and out shined by the likes of Iniesta, Xavi and Messi. His passing, vision, movement off the ball, is what is so fundamental and successful of the tiki taka that barca produce. Messi has acknowledged that without Sergio, the transition and possession fundamentals would not be implemented so perfectly. Yaya Toure is the complete midfielder, strong defensively, ball winner, a power house, and was a vital aspect in Manchester City's title winning season. He's a threat going forward and a reliability in the defense.

My vote would go to Yaya Toure.

It depends on the system being played but the OP made out that formation, and gave out positions so i guess we will respond accordingly, for the record.

Xabi Alonso isnt a CDM though, or its a bit bleak of a definition, hes a DLP, dont think alonso can count on this one mate.

I can already see schweinsteiger paired up with toure here.

A player should not only have pure footballing ability to be a great footballer, but also the right mentality and a sense of sportsmanship; that is why I could never vote for Sergio pussycats.

Which leaves us with three world-class players: Toure, Song, and Khedira.

Song is an excellent passer and has the best vision between the three, he always chips in with important assists. He is good in tackles but goes forward too often and leaves his back line exposed.

Khedira is an excellent young talent. His work rate is second to none. His defending and covering is impeccable and has recently learned how to choose his forward runs and make then effective. He lacks some experience at times.

Toure has had an excellent season. He is a player with great strength as well as explosive pace. His technical ability is also second to none. Only weakness is that he is not getting any younger.

My vote goes to Yaya Toure.

A player should not only have pure footballing ability to be a great footballer, but also the right mentality and a sense of sportsmanship; that is why I could never vote for Sergio pussycats.

Which leaves us with three world-class players: Toure, Song, and Khedira.

Song is an excellent passer and has the best vision between the three, he always chips in with important assists. He is good in tackles but goes forward too often and leaves his back line exposed.

Khedira is an excellent young talent. His work rate is second to none. His defending and covering is impeccable and has recently learned how to choose his forward runs and make then effective. He lacks some experience at times.

Toure has had an excellent season. He is a player with great strength as well as explosive pace. His technical ability is also second to none. Only weakness is that he is not getting any younger.

My vote goes to Yaya Toure.

Lol at the khedira love. :D

Arturo Vidal.

Whether he's playing as a defensive midfielder or box-to-box midfielder, he really is the best in the world at it right now.

Watch a few Serie A games of his. I'm sure some of you will come around to agreeing.

If this really is a "Team of the World", then we should be talking about DM's from all over the world. I know there are issues here involving the reputation of certain leagues but if a player, a defensive midfielder in particular, stands out as by far the best player in any position all over the country then he gets ahead of guys like Schweinsteiger who look good but are not quite the best in their league.

Arturo Vidal.

Whether he's playing as a defensive midfielder or box-to-box midfielder, he really is the best in the world at it right now.

Watch a few Serie A games of his. I'm sure some of you will come around to agreeing.

He will be world class in a couple of seasons, he still needs to work on his tactical/positional awareness and long passing. He is an excellent young talent, but he is lucky to have someone like Pirlo beside him.

I could just never bring myself to pick Sergio Biscuits. Never. Arturo Vidal will be top class soon. He plays good football. However I would have to go for Yaya Toure. He is just about what Essien was at his prime (albeit a poor man's Essien). Physically strong, powerful driving runs from midfield, good leadership and hunger. Just a Bull in the midfield. Not too many world class DM's going around. Khedira and De Rossi deserve an honorable mention.

He will be world class in a couple of seasons, he still needs to work on his tactical/positional awareness and long passing. He is an excellent young talent, but he is lucky to have someone like Pirlo beside him.

Vidal is like 25! Not really a young talent now but still a good player. Tbh if Ramires could be utilised in the double pivot it would be him. Fuck your Yaya Toure.

Tough one between Schewinsteiger and Toure for me, but I'll go with Toure since Schweiny had some injury problems.

Yaya is just class, big game player, strong, reliable and rather complete. Absolutely deserved massive wages City are paying him.

Sergio Busquets for me. The best defensive midfielder in the world, love watching him blanket Ozil in every clasico. He is so good technically, that he would be a CM on every team except Barca.

Yaya, Schewinsteiger, Alonso, Videl are not DM's.