Talk Chelsea l Team of the world

Santiago.

Thought it would be a interesting idea to see everyone's opinion in who's the best player in a certain position. Hoping it will cause some quality debates and discussions. What i will do, is give a position every 3 days, and we will discuss who the best player is in that position in your honest opinion and who ever Talley's the most votes gets the spot. After all that has passed, we will move on to the next position, which will start Tuesday. Remember to give a player and explain your reasoning, feel free to agree or disagree with any mention which is the whole purpose of this thread. This formation i feel would get the best results.

1-6.png

This Week's position, Right Winger

For me, there is no stand out defender that can be considered quality in every since of ability. The one's that come to mind in my opinion are Dani Alves, Sagna, and Iraola. I would add Philip Lahm in there but i believe his best qualities and strengths are when he is at Left Back.

Dani Alves- Probably one of the most agile and explosive footballers in the world. His technique and skill with the ball as well as his link up play truly shows his class on the pitch. His defense though does let him down as he pushes up, almost as a right winger, but sometimes lacks a reliable effort in defense. Sagna- Easily the best Right back in the Premier League. Iraola- Best right back in La Liga imo, truly underrated and should have been selected over Arbeloa for the euros.

For me, my pick is Bacary Sagna

Most consistent of the three, reliable, puts in a tremendous effort defensively and in the attack and can withhold the physical and immense nature of the Premier League.

Edited by Semia+7

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philipp Lahm

The captain of club and country, aguably he isn't even the most natural leader in die Mannshcaft (Hummels and Schweinsteiger get that accolade).If Schweinsteiger is the heart of both Bayern Munchen and Germany the Lahm must be the brain. Lahm's strengths are his crossing, tackling, intercepting, passing and dribbling. He never neglects his defensive duties like some and he always offers a threat going forward. Don't forget his is comfortable enough to play at LB allowing other less skilled RBs to play in their favoured position. He also has enough balls to take penalties, which is always a trait I really admire in defenders.

Cross at 1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh0h_Q-nk

Alves is not a defender imo, the amount of times he leaves his side exposed is ridiculous. But that's not to say that he is not a great player. I think he is an excellent winger.

Sanga is very good both defensively and offensively and is extremely consistent. But with the unfortunate injuries he's had in the last couple of years, I really see him in the "Best in the world" list right now.

As for Arbeloa, if he's the best in the world, then the world of football is screwed :lol: He is a good RB but nothing more; merely just above average, especially defensively.

The best RB in the world, for me, just HAS to be Lahm. Always one of the smartest players on the pitch, he can defend against the fastest players as well as the most physical ones despite his size. He always has the tactical awareness to cover for his CB. He is the best RB technically and has the vision and passing skills of a play maker which always makes his offensive runs meaningful. Finally, his two-footed-ness and leadership skills are not be taken lightly.

This may just be a hunch, but I think Philipp Lahm has got this. To be honest, I thought everyone was going to say Ivanovic.

A few could have predicted that I would say Lahm, given my extreme fondness of German football.

I am going to say Ivanovic over Lahm. Brana has everything that right back needs, he is brilliant defender and he can provide lots of good crosses. So for me it is Branislav, I think he is better in terms of defending and after all that should be main ability of right back.