Yohan Cabaye

termninja

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disregarded your grammatical mistakes in attempt to take your post seriously.

Off topic.

I'm sorry but this really bothered me, ad hominem should have no place here. English is one of four official languages in Singapore and the others are Mandarin, Tamil and Malay. So for starters one can never know if English is royg's first language. Even though English is the de facto langauge of TC perhaps you should attempt to convey a grammatically perfect conversation with royg in Mandarin, Tamil and Malay.

It really gets my goat when people's grammar and syntax is insulted and called into question, besides it's more often than not the person who has called another's grammar into question has imperfect grammar.

Off topic.

I'm sorry but this really bothered me, ad hominem should have no place here. English is one of four official languages in Singapore and the others are Mandarin, Tamil and Malay. So for starters one can never know if English is royg's first language. Even though English is the de facto langauge of TC perhaps you should attempt to convey a grammatically perfect conversation with royg in Mandarin, Tamil and Malay.

It really gets my goat when people's grammar and syntax is insulted and called into question, besides it's more often than not the person who has called another's grammar into question has imperfect grammar.

Thanks for saying this

Off topic.

Well said. Thank you.

On Topic: I, like many members here, think that Cabaye would an excellent solution in the middle of the park, but are we genuinely linked with him?

Don't think so. Have yet to see a genuine link with Cabaye. Only saw a news or two linking him with United recently.

Off topic.

I totally understand your frustration and the reasoning for my post riling you. However, it was said in good spirits and I hope royg took it that way. It was a gentle attempt at light humour - I would, by no means, persecute anyone for poor grammar and syntax, not least someone who's native language isn't English. No-one's perfect; I understand that. It was a light-hearted comment to add some 'humour' to my argument. royg, and anyone else that may have deemed my post derogatory, I do apologise - it wasn't sent with hurtful intent.

I don't completely agree with you about Song, I think he's too much attack minded. He often leaves the defense exposed especially when he's on a goalscoring run. At the end of the day he's able to give very good deliveries forward (the one royd evoked, some of the assists to Van Persie) but just punctually. I wouldn't rely on him defensively because he doesn't provide enough tactical warranties (covering) and because his tackling is not excellent (blocks the player but hardly manages to keep the ball under control like Mikel or Vieira did). Also because his passing is maybe too often vertical, he's not a number 10, let's be honest (Wenger even picked Ramsey ahead of him). Maybe my conception is a bit old fashioned but I like a midfield featuring a precise sharing of roles, especially when you don't play possession football (and when the double pivot system seems sloppy to help regaining the ball at times)

Cabaye is on a amazing improving run but he lacks the volume to play sufficiently well in a double pivot (reason why Giroud played that less for France, we didn't have enough volume in midfield to play with only 2 MFs). Though his box-to-box ability is impressive (clearly Lampard-like) and his tackling ability dramatically improved, he has improvements to make in his lateral passing and his propensity to orientate the play from the deep

He played with Mavuba and Balmont at Lille, like Lampard with Ballack and Mikel, he was released from defensive duties.

But Modric's defensive playing compartment is what Cabaye can pretend to tend, the impacting and tackling abilities Modric developped because he didn't play with a DM beside him. But of course Cabaye can be better offensively because his passing is creative, not simply accelerating the play. And Cabaye can be far more decisive as well.

I've difficulties to imagine Modric in a precise role because he used to do everything for Spurs (a bit like Fellani). But defensively I'd rely on him easier than on Cabaye at the moment. And I don't imagine Cabaye beside Mikel at the moment as well

We can try to sign Cabaye this summer before his fee would be too expensive, especially because Mike Ashley is eventually an impressive buisnessman, he restored the green light in Newcastle's bank account in one year and managed to oversell Carroll and Enrique. He may be tempted to be very smart with Cabaye and managing to sell him to Manure for an unbelievable fee next summer

Song does have the propensity to push forward, yes, but I wouldn't describe him as attack-minded, although I can see why he's portrayed in such light. He's a technically-gifted footballer, as are most of Wenger's acquisitions, but his inclination to push on isn't enough for me to see him as an offensive player. I don't really know why I'm having this discussion about Song, but I do see your points regarding him and I do agree that he lacks the tactical nous for him to fit in a more regimented system such as the one we deploy. That being said, I do disagree with the point you make about him being attack-minded - that's just a difference in opinions, though.

I agree with most of your post otherwise and do think we should go for Cabaye. I would have preferred him to Modric as he would be a lot cheaper but with Spurs failing to gain Champions League football, his pricetag will have dropped considerably. Cabaye's pricetag will be doing the opposite, though, and will be constantly on the rise from now on, especially if he continues to improve at such an alarming rate.

I totally understand your frustration and the reasoning for my post riling you. However, it was said in good spirits and I hope royg took it that way. It was a gentle attempt at light humour - I would, by no means, persecute anyone wholeheartedly for poor grammar and syntax, not least someone who's native language isn't English. No-one's perfect; I understand that. It was a light-hearted comment to add some 'humour' to my argument. royg, and anyone else that may have deemed my post derogatory, I do apologise - it wasn't sent with hurtful intent.

Song does have the propensity to push forward, yes, but I wouldn't describe him as attack-minded, although I can see why he's portrayed in such light. He's a technically-gifted footballer, as are most of Wenger's acquisitions, but his inclination to push on isn't enough for me to see him as an offensive player. I don't really know why I'm having this discussion about Song, but I do see your points regarding him and I do agree that he lacks the tactical nous for him to fit in a more regimented system such as the one we deploy. That being said, I do disagree with the point you make about him being attack-minded - that's just a difference in opinions, though.

I agree with most of your post otherwise and do think we should go for Cabaye. I would have preferred him to Modric as he would be a lot cheaper but with Spurs failing to gain Champions League football, his pricetag will have dropped considerably. Cabaye's pricetag will be doing the opposite, though, and will be constantly on the rise from now on, especially if he continues to improve at such an alarming rate.

I doubt cabaye will go for more than modric though, and the modric deal is a difficult one.

I totally understand your frustration and the reasoning for my post riling you. However, it was said in good spirits and I hope royg took it that way. It was a gentle attempt at light humour - I would, by no means, persecute anyone wholeheartedly for poor grammar and syntax, not least someone who's native language isn't English. No-one's perfect; I understand that. It was a light-hearted comment to add some 'humour' to my argument. royg, and anyone else that may have deemed my post derogatory, I do apologise - it wasn't sent with hurtful intent.

No it wouldn't have. Spurs didn't have Champions League football to look forward to last summer and they still wouldn't accept our offers, So there is nothing to indicate they will this summer either. We all know what kind of a cunt Levy is.

I doubt cabaye will go for more than modric though, and the modric deal is a difficult one.

I wasn't insinuating that Cabaye will even be remotely close to Modric's price-tag, but Yohan's not done himself, or Newcastle, any harm during the Euro's if he is to depart. He performed on the international stage; a feat that will definitely boost a players market value ten-fold. Spurs will want more for Modric, but if they keep holding out for "the right price", he'll be out of contract and he'll be off on a free.

No it wouldn't have. Spurs didn't have Champions League football to look forward to last summer and they still wouldn't accept our offers, So there is nothing to indicate they will this summer either. We all know what kind of a cunt Levy is.

No, they didn't, hence why Modric wanted out. Levy is an astute businessman, and I'm sure he fully believed that Harry Redknapp was compiling a squad worthy of Champions League qualification. He was holding out on Modric, hoping that Champions League football next season - which was their aim - may entice Luka to remain with the club. However, he's now a year further into his career and Tottenham have failed to qualify for the Champions League... again.

It's not because the player goes forward that he's good offensively, I guess it was your point ?

Precisely my point.

I wasn't insinuating that Cabaye will even be remotely close to Modric's price-tag, but Yohan's not done himself, or Newcastle, any harm during the Euro's if he is to depart. He performed on the international stage; a feat that will definitely boost a players market value ten-fold. Spurs will want more for Modric, but if they keep holding out for "the right price", he'll be out of contract and he'll be off on a free.

No, they didn't, hence why Modric wanted out. Levy is an astute businessman, and I'm sure he fully believed that Harry Redknapp was compiling a squad worthy of Champions League qualification. He was holding out on Modric, hoping that Champions League football next season - which was their aim - may entice Luka to remain with the club. However, he's now a year further into his career and Tottenham have failed to qualify for the Champions League... again.

Precisely my point.

And he did do that, so Levy can say "Its unlikely that will happen again", So its basically all up to how much Spurs will hold him hostage again.

He was promised a top 4 spot, and he got that. Luka might hate Chelsea because of whats happened

And he did do that, so Levy can say "Its unlikely that will happen again", So its basically all up to how much Spurs will hold him hostage again.

He was promised a top 4 spot, and he got that. Luka might hate Chelsea because of whats happened

I don't think Luka will let the club hold him ransom again. The club may have promised him a top-four spot, but that's with the included premise of Champions League football. What's the point in aiming for a top-four finish if you don't qualify for the Champions League?

I can see your point, but I don't think he'll hate us because of it. If anything, I believe it will enhance his willingness to join us this summer. Here's hoping.

• 2 weeks later...

He is being linked with a shock move to Barcelona to day :blink:

The papers will literally write ANY-thing in the transfer window!

It could be true because Barcelona don't have much cash to spend this summer and for 8m,he could be a real bargain buy.

It could be true because Barcelona don't have much cash to spend this summer and for 8m,he could be a real bargain buy.

Or they could bring one of their youngsters from Barcelona B for free. I just don't see him playing along side Xavi and Iniesta.

Or they could bring one of their youngsters from Barcelona B for free. I just don't see him playing along side Xavi and Iniesta.

well if they could promote one of their Barcelona B players then I really don't understand why they want Romeu back as it would cost them 9.5m.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You