Hatem Ben Arfa

BleedsBlue

He seems like he's a bit of a dick, but lots of players are and it also doesn't mean they can't mature. Look at someone like Anelka who kept making a nuisance of himself everywhere he went.He was sold 8 times in 11 years. Even when he came to Chelsea, when he missed the penalty in the CL final, he classlessly blamed Grant somehow. Then, at the World Cup, he attacked the coach and led a mutiny and was subsequently banned from the National Team. In Shanghai, Anelka complained about Tigana's coaching method and was instrumental in driving him out. Now, he's complaining publicly that they hired Batista to coach. In other words, Anelka is hardly a mature, likeable human being, but he still had a very good Chelsea career.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

French TV pundits shot them several times, Nasri when he was unable to reverse or orientate the play, when he was higher than Benzema whereas he was CAM...Same with Ben Arfa as well. I already didn't like them for years, I think I hate them more than ever for the last months. Even more than Downing haha

Benzema, like Menez are far from being the worse in those Euros though. I just can't understand how Benzema cannot end the actions in the box, I understand that he likes to ask the ball on the left wing etc... but when there were some crosses and that his presence wasn't required elsewhere than in the box, yet he wasn't there

French TV pundits shot them several times, Nasri when he was unable to reverse or orientate the play, when he was higher than Benzema whereas he was CAM...Same with Ben Arfa as well. I already didn't like them for years, I think I hate them more than ever for the last months. Even more than Downing haha

Benzema, like Menez are far from being the worse in those Euros though. I just can't understand how Benzema cannot end the actions in the box, I understand that he likes to ask the ball on the left wing etc... but when there were some crosses and that his presence wasn't required elsewhere than in the box, yet he wasn't there

France needs a strong leader in the midfield like Zidane or Platini. Someone needs to organise that midfeild because it is a mess.

We have one, Marvin Martin. But at the moment he's a substitute because his stamina is not important enough ; his play is based on constant movement, asking the ball etc... Otherwise in a 4-3-3 with a real DM and a player with an important volume of play he could be interesting.

But first of all we have to play players who want the best for the team and not for them. Marseille's Valbuena is hatable, his twin brother who plays with France is completely blameless. I wanted Blanc to play him instead of Valbuena because what was expected from Nasri eventually happened

France needs a strong leader in the midfield like Zidane or Platini. Someone needs to organise that midfeild because it is a mess.

Yeah totally agree about the leader bit, they're midfield ain't too bad though. Looked quality in the Euros with the ball!

At Newcastle he doesn't have any bust ups, he even insists he's grown up.

As a person I don't know, when you're stupid (clues arent rare about it considering his behaviour, quotes when he was in France) you cannot become smarter from the day to the day just after

On the pitch it has become comical how often the full back asks him to come back defending. And I don't find anything impressive at all in his play, he's a ball wanker

We have one, Marvin Martin. But at the moment he's a substitute because his stamina is not important enough ; his play is based on constant movement, asking the ball etc... Otherwise in a 4-3-3 with a real DM and a player with an important volume of play he could be interesting.

But first of all we have to play players who want the best for the team and not for them. Marseille's Valbuena is hatable, his twin brother who plays with France is completely blameless. I wanted Blanc to play him instead of Valbuena because what was expected from Nasri eventually happened

I agree with Marvin Martin, everytime I've watched Sochaux he has impressed and Lille has been very wise buying him. I believe he and Gourcuff could make a formidable partnership (if Yoann ever get back to normal).

That second part confused me. Are you saying that Marseille Valbuena is terrible but Les Bleus Valbuena is great; kind of like Podolski?

I agree with Marvin Martin, everytime I've watched Sochaux he has impressed and Lille has been very wise buying him. I believe he and Gourcuff could make a formidable partnership (if Yoann ever get back to normal).

That second part confused me. Are you saying that Marseille Valbuena is terrible but Les Bleus Valbuena is great; kind of like Podolski?

He dives and moans everytime he's touched or tackled with Marseille. He has good stats though, he's one of the best players for Marseille this season. But sometimes he plays on his own or makes stupid choices with the ball

With France he's impressive because he plays in 2 touches (like Martin), always moving and providing a passing choice with an inteligent move, putting speed in the game by searching the space rather than the pass toward a static player. He's someone who knows that he won't be given infinite opportunities to play with France contrary to Nasri or Ben Arfa

Of course he's not world class, but his behaviour is blameless with France

Griezmann is a player who had to play in Spain because he was refused by many youth academies in France due to his height. Our brilliant youth system prefers the athletic compartment to the intelligence of play, the reason why when you play above a certain level, kids are 1.70m at 13.

Ben Arfa is well known in France since the documentary which was posted above, 8 years ago

Medias can't stop speaking of those ones whereas some others are left without consideraton. Jeremy Mathieu has been "blacklisted" for that (and also because he refused to join Blanc at Bordeaux when he was at Toulouse)

Griezmann is a player who had to play in Spain because he was refused by many youth academies in France due to his height. Our brilliant youth system prefers the athletic compartment to the intelligence of play, the reason why when you play above a certain level, kids are 1.70m at 13.

Ben Arfa is well known in France since the documentary which was posted above, 8 years ago

Medias can't stop speaking of those ones whereas some others are left without consideraton. Jeremy Mathieu has been "blacklisted" for that (and also because he refused to join Blanc at Bordeaux when he was at Toulouse)

You are a youth coach right? I think I remember you saying that French academies prefer tall, powerful, fast atheletes to technical players. I guess I would not have done well if I was French as 173cm doens't look like it would cut the cake.

The internal politics of the French national team is ridiculous. What is the documentary called?

"A la Clairefontaine"

We already discussed about it, there has been a controversy about envisaging quotas in Academies. One has to be very diplomatical about it because anti-racism is even more unbearable than racism in France

"A la Clairefontaine"

We already discussed about it, there has been a controversy about envisaging quotas in Academies. One has to be very diplomatical about it because anti-racism is even more unbearable than racism in France

I had to goodle Clairefontaine. I now know what it is. I remember that particular discussion now.

It would help if you used the quote system more, that way I wouldn't have to guess when you have replied!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairefontaine

Looking at that list of graduates everyone besides Thierry Henry seem so be fairly average. No offence, of course.

• 6 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You