Eden Hazard

the wes

First, I doubt Hazard will be sold during January transfer window. They don't have to sell. Even if they do, Hazard will not come here. For various reasons. He won't move untill he is sure that Real Madrid is not an option. Or Barcelona.

Further, I doubt he is interested in coming here. Simple, we don't play attractive football to attract players like him. Our best players are lousy passers, pretty limited and selfish to certain extent (bar Mata) and our football is kinda boring. I don't mind, but it doesn't make us top target for players of his calibre.

To improve we need more various players, not just one . One world class player wouldn't make much difference in this team, despite popular opinion. Hazard and world class midfielder to play with Mata would be great, but Hazard alone not that much.

But we fear for CL spot, hence we will probably get someone. I just hope he won't come alone.

he has a buyout; this is someone you blow 50 mil pound on. Not a 27 year old striker who has been out of form for 2 years.

He doesn't have a buy-out clause. Lille want to get €40m from his sale, they've claimed it. That being said, I am agree with your post.

We'll see who's right. I just find it hilarious people are getting excited over Twitter rumours that have nothing to go on :lol:

i'm not excited about this, i still don't believe in this rumors, i'm just saying that nobody doesn't know is he going to join us or stay in France.

Hazard ticks a lot of the boxes as far as the caliber and type of player we need. However, there are several reasons why the rumors flying around here today don't make sense. The biggest one being that Lille do not need to sell right now. They are fairly financially sound, and currently sit 3rd in the Ligue 1 table, a mere 4 pts. out of a CL spot and 7 pts. out of 1st. There are only 5 pts. separating them from 8th place Toulouse. If they sell now, they will greatly damage, if not completely sacrifice, any hopes they have of playing CL or EL football next season. This would have rather large ramifications for their profits, seeing as they can just sell Hazard in the summer for a similar if not better price, and still push for a CL spot this season.

I'd love to be proven wrong and see Eden unveiled a Blue in the coming days/weeks. I don't think it's in the cards though. Furthermore, I'd be surprised, albeit pleasantly, if he comes here at all. He seems destined for Madrid.

Excited as I am, a word of caution people.

He's not the Messiah! (sorry couldnt resist that)

If we do get him, i cant see us just winning the league beacuse of him.

He plays the french league and not even the top club there.

Drogba and Malouda both struggled in their first season here.

I would say that Mata is more consistant than he will be.

In short, we will probably overpay and it will take time for him to make the sort of impact people expect

He's not the mext Messi and may not even be the superstar many people expect.

This is NOT Football Manager

Still really really want him though!

As someone who doesn't watch the French League, i wont pretend i know anything about him but sounds like a good pacey player. He can't play in the UCL tho, but does seem like we're very interested and could get him. Joey Cole should put in a good word.

That has to be the stupidest thing Ive ever seen in this forum.

So you expect him to arrive with no pre-season and immediately be better in every match than Mata??!!

Seriously!

Clips from a recent game against Marseille

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqRSZ5CuOFY&feature=player_embedded

Excited as I am, a word of caution people.

He's not the Messiah! (sorry couldnt resist that)

If we do get him, i cant see us just winning the league beacuse of him.

He plays the french league and not even the top club there.

Drogba and Malouda both struggled in their first season here.

I would say that Mata is more consistant than he will be.

In short, we will probably overpay and it will take time for him to make the sort of impact people expect

He's not the mext Messi and may not even be the superstar many people expect.

This is NOT Football Manager

Still really really want him though!

Malouda was the The French player of the season when he came to us ,,,as was Yuri Zhirkov