Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

We are struggling with depth, and look terrible without hazard and mata, and we won't have as many games next season, as this season, but it will still be a lot of games. He is another great player with a lot of potential and crucially will still have resale value.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not needed imho... a bit better then marin, but if he is a squadplayer I'm fine with him.

If there is really the possibility that we swap him with KDB then fuck off, and if there is really the idea of gett'n him and loan KDB to Leverkusen fuck off again.

KDB shouldn't be mentioned in connection with this transfer.

The more youtube clips I watch and the more I read about him his selfishness is really showing. And the people who says he has a good long range shot have never seen him play. Yes he scores a couple per season but he tries about 5 long range shots in a game. His shooting and scoring stats will show you that. I dont think he will help the team that much and he just cost too much. Why dont we buy a true winger like narsignh, ola john, lens, jeffren....

Why are people acting as if we only have £20m to spend for next season? Now I know Schurrle is not needed as much as say a midfielder but the Schurrle signing makes sense to me. Look at our squad this season - the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar have played far too many games and this is simply because the back up we have for them is not good enough. Marin, who I think is a decent player but needs to play constantly for him to be useful, is not the player I would like to see replace Hazard or Mata if they went down injured for a long spell. Marin needs to leave for the sake of his own career.

If you want to heavily challenge on all fronts, good squad players are vital. It's about the depth of your squad. Schurrle isn't coming here to start week in week out - he's coming here to bolster our weak depth. €20m for a squad player is the norm these days anyway - look at United for example who've spent £17m on Valencia, around £20m for Ashley Young, around the same for Nani. United win the league this season because they have players who can step in when their starters need a rest/are injured. That's the main difference between us and them now.

United might have spent roughly 17 million (each) on Valencia and Young..but both of them were EPL experienced midfielders.

Schurrle might become a good player at Chelsea...but at that price, we should of targeted a proper winger.

United might have spent roughly 17 million (each) on Valencia and Young..but both of them were EPL experienced midfielders.

Schurrle might become a good player at Chelsea...but at that price, we should of targeted a proper winger.

Who do you suggest?

It's said in the Belgian press that Bayer representatives will meet KDB's agent to discuss about a 1 year loan today.

So i think KDB has something important to say in this move.

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/etranger/allemagne/detail_la-direction-de-leverkusen-a-bruxelles-pour-rencontrer-l-agent-de-de-bruyne?id=7976139

Somehow, I doubt KDB will come back to play for Chelsea next season. I believe, the club is making another boo-boo here for not giving KDB a proper chance to try.

As for Andre, it has been confirmed sports director Voleller´s trip to London happened.

Andre is one of the most exciting young players in Germany but at 22m I am not sure here. Well, wait & see.

Please say no Kevin........

Why? He gets more minutes in the lead up to a World Cup, in a team that will be in the Champions League.

We get a winger/striker that we need and in a year's time we recall De Bruyne. In the meantime we use Mata and Oscar in the number 10 spot. Ideally we'd have all of these players around but this serves our immediate needs better and is a good use of resources over the long-term isn't it?

It's said in the Belgian press that Bayer representatives will meet KDB's agent to discuss about a 1 year loan today.

So i think KDB has something important to say in this move.

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/etranger/allemagne/detail_la-direction-de-leverkusen-a-bruxelles-pour-rencontrer-l-agent-de-de-bruyne?id=7976139

Great link, if in English it could be even better though.

Please say no Kevin........

On the contrary, if it's a loan deal, he should grab it with both hands. He will get Champions league to play and Leverkusen seems to like him a lot. Win -win situation.

Weird making a big signing without a full time manager. Money should be saved on players they think will suit their gameplan. Obviously not Rafa so who is making these decisions?

SNA05RON1_280_902187a.jpgemenalo.jpg