Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

The is guy is very fast, but he isn't exactly agile. He is a fast as a speedsters like Reus, Kuba, Ribery but he isn't agile like them. He kind of reminds me of Torres, very fast but not agile. The agility does worry me because, with low agility means more pressure on joints and muscles when turning and stopping, and that in turn means higher chance of injury. I'm probably wrong about this but he could end up like Torres because of this. Food for thought.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am for this move. He, like Moses offers something a bit different from Mata and Oscar in that he is very direct and has a powerful shot and is a goal threat.. He is only 22 and for those who are saying he is not all that good are wrong. He is just 2 goals short of double figures in the league and contributes a few assists as well. On the other hand we do have KDB. At least if he is offered on loan, the board hopefully envisage some place for him in the team in the future. Maybe they see him as a CM, who knows...

However as we have seen this season, squad depth is needed and next season, yes we will have injuries etc again so we need quality. I don't know if the board still want a £50m striker like Falcao again but if not, great news, Schurrle can play there and do a decent job. It would be sad to see KDB go out on loan next season as I think he deserves a shot but maybe our staff want to see him play in the UCL with another team, which maybe is not too bad of an idea.

We have Marin who has not really impressed so I don't know what is going to happen. Moses has had is up and downs but could add a few more goals but decent season and should be kept. Mata and Hazard, quality seasons plus goals. Oscar, good starting season but not enough goals which sometimes we could do with from his position, so in rotational case, I am definite for this move as I believe right now his overall ability is better than Oscar and will provide us with a bigger goal threat which we need to further advance this season.

Some people who believe he is not good enough, I would just like to know why? Even if he has not been brilliant he is very young and got years to prove himself. More than happy if this deal goes through.

Ignoring the fact that I'm sure the board can chase more than one target at once (as well as a manager if you believe the reports), Schurrle just seems to fit the needs of the squad better. De Bruyne can play wide but clearly someone in our scouting department has seen something special in this guy. I'm inclined to trust them.

Yes, but why spend needlessly when we already have the option(s) at the club right now? Should be getting in the players for the position we need the most first before anythng else. And while the club may see something special in Schurrle, I'm also concerned of the fact the club is just buying young talents for the sake it, when we already have many at the club, and overloading them rather than actually having a proper thought on how to build a balance squad in terms of the numbers and of course the quality. We are getting latter but at the same time also creating problems in regards to the numbers.

Because it'll just be a waste of his talent when he quite clearly flourishes most in the centre. We're already having this problem with Oscar. De Bruyne will see a lack of game time in his position because we already have Mata there and his defensive contribution isn't good enough for the pivot. It'll be better for us long-term if he can play regularly at a competitive club in his favoured position so that we can get the best out of him in future

I get your point but what I said was De Bruyne can be used out wide, if needed. Otherwise, he would probably be played in the pivot. And besides, De Bruyne is much more equipped to play out wide than Oscar anyway.

Yes, but why spend needlessly when we already have the option(s) at the club right now? Should be getting in the players for the position we need the most first before anythng else. And while the club may see something special in Schurrle, I'm also concerned of the fact the club is just buying young talents for the sake it, when we already have many at the club, and overloading them rather than actually having a proper thought on how to build a balance squad in terms of the numbers and of course the quality. We are getting latter but at the same time also creating problems in regards to the numbers.

He is a young talent....but he's also a German international with 22 caps and Champions League experience. If the club is doing what I'm thinking (getting a guy who is a winger but also covers the number 9 spot) then it's pretty good squad building.

I also think this is pretty good use of De Bruyne to reduce the price of Schurrle. Next year we'll have plenty of options (especially if Piazon comes back as well) with Mata and Oscar through the centre and Moses, Hazard and Schurrle on the wings (plus Oscar and maybe Piazon, or even Marin) and then Lukaku, Ba and Schurrle up top (assuming Torres leaves). That creates plenty of interesting combinations to deal with different circumstances.

And then you have to think in 2014/2015 we have De Bruyne coming back, maybe to play alongside these guys or possibly replace one of them.

He is a young talent....but he's also a German international with 22 caps and Champions League experience. If the club is doing what I'm thinking (getting a guy who is a winger but also covers the number 9 spot) then it's pretty good squad building.

I also think this is pretty good use of De Bruyne to reduce the price of Schurrle. Next year we'll have plenty of options (especially if Piazon comes back as well) with Mata and Oscar through the centre and Moses, Hazard and Schurrle on the wings (plus Oscar and maybe Piazon, or even Marin) and then Lukaku, Ba and Schurrle up top (assuming Torres leaves). That creates plenty of interesting combinations to deal with different circumstances.

And then you have to think in 2014/2015 we have De Bruyne coming back, maybe to play alongside these guys or possibly replace one of them.

Judging by your comments there, it looks as if you are auditioning yourself for a position at the club..

Judging by your comments there, it looks as if you are auditioning yourself for a position at the club..

I'm going to submit my FUT team on Monday - they'll be well impressed. B)

I think Schurrle is a useful player, but clearly someone at the club has seen something in him and based on what they've done over the last 12 months I'm going to trust them.

But believe me, when the rumours first started coming out and they said we were actually selling him I was gutted. But 12 months out on loan at a Champions League club and we get someone who fills our immediate needs better actually makes a lot of sense.

What´s that got to do with the topic at hand ?

Well, any normal person would have read the current discussion and since we are talking about depth and Onlyplace mentioned Piazon, I put a quote he made indicating he might not be here next year.

Did you catch that or are you still processing It? Don't rush, take your time

Well, any normal person would have read the current discussion and since we are talking about depth and Onlyplace mentioned Piazon, I put a quote he made indicating he might not be here next year.

Did you catch that or are you still processing It? Don't rush, take your time

The topic says Andre. Tell it to there is no place like...